Brodus Clay talks stuff

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Brodus was asked if there was any sentiment among other talents that Darren Young came out for job security because it would be harder for the company to release their openly gay Superstar. Brodus replied:

“Well he got there. Darren is a Superstar and he’s a great worker. His work got him there. To be honest with you, our locker room, we have openly gay guys we work with and it was never a big deal. A lot of of times I was concerned, I’ll leave it up to him if he wants to disclose this himself or whatever, but I was worried about his dating habits. I wanted him to be careful because he does the dating sites and stuff like that. We were talking to him, like how is your dating life and things like that? So it wasn’t really a big thing when he came out.

I think for him probably he just made himself more comfortable. In terms of the locker room, it wasn’t a big deal. One of the greatest teachers and stars in our business, Mr. Pat Patterson. We weren’t like, “oh my what?” We’re past that. Our locker room is very accepting of that. Honestly, we’re probably more angry if someone’s not reading comic books than whether they’re gay or straight.”

Reading comic books? This offends me....Wrestlers should be courting ringrats and punching marks in the face at bars. When did pro-wrestling get taken over by Beta males?

Nerds entering wrestling is what's killing the business.

Reactions: The Cork

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Only now realizing wrestling exists in the geek community? Been trying to explain this for years.
I've known geeks watch the product, most of the IWC are geeks. I'm fine with that.

But the people who are actually involved in doing this shit shouldn't be geeks, they should be Alpha Male businessmen who apply their trade to generate the most profits for themselves. No wonder you can't find decent talent who are about getting themselves over by talking shit people would believe they could back up.

This genre needs more Stallones and Schwarzeneggers, not a bunch of Nicolas fuckin Cages.

No wonder the cool kids went to MMA. Geeks playing bad asses is not believable.

Reactions: The Cork

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
All I can think of is who gives a fuck what they do in their spare time? Reading comics, playing video games, fucking ring rats isn't going to make a difference to what you see on TV

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Fully agree with that. Them being into "geeky" stuff actually having an affect on how you view the wrestler as a persona doesn't make any sense and so damn asinine beyond belief. Not every pro wrestler is supposed to be juiced up and at the bar every night. Brock Lesnar could love watching Oprah or some shit and still won't change the fact that he is one big physically imposing son of a bitch who is capable of ripping a guys head off.

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

Reaction score
I've known geeks watch the product, most of the IWC are geeks. I'm fine with that.

But the people who are actually involved in doing this shit shouldn't be geeks, they should be Alpha Male businessmen who apply their trade to generate the most profits for themselves. No wonder you can't find decent talent who are about getting themselves over by talking shit people would believe they could back up.

This genre needs more Stallones and Schwarzeneggers, not a bunch of Nicolas fuckin Cages.

No wonder the cool kids went to MMA. Geeks playing bad asses is not believable.

So you never noticed the Superman tattoo on Scott Steiner? Dream from the Sandman comics is tattooed on Raven, CM Punk had a Cobra Commander tattoo, Daniels & Kazarian got to write themselves in a Spider-Man comic, Rey Mysterio's Wrestlemania ring gear....

Geeks come in all shapes and sizes these days, even athletic.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
So you never noticed the Superman tattoo on Scott Steiner? Dream from the Sandman comics is tattooed on Raven, CM Punk had a Cobra Commander tattoo, Daniels & Kazarian got to write themselves in a Spider-Man comic, Rey Mysterio's Wrestlemania ring gear....

Geeks come in all shapes and sizes these days, even athletic.
Shaq has a Superman tattoo, using some ubiquitous S symbol is not nerdy, may as well be some Chinese symbol for strength. And The CM Punks, Ravens, having lame tats is nothing special, shit, just proves on why Beta Males being in the business kills the cool factor. Whiny bitch characters really? Geeks are marks and having marks in the business showcases just what is wrong with it....Kazarian and Daniels are marks who think match quality means getting over, which further prove why marks/geeks should have no place in wrestling.

No wonder the business is not mainstream as it was during the 80s boom or Attitude Era, noon wants to follow actual geek trends. Casual geek like Marvel movies or Facebook isn't actual geek, they don't want the actual mainstream to like thirty shit. Fuck em.

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

Reaction score
Shaq also played John Henry Irons in the movie Steel, one of the 4 replacement Supermen following The Death of Superman. Rock has been campaigning for the role of Black Adam for nearly a decade, has openly admitted to being a fan of Captain Marvel(now Shazam, which can bring me back around to another Shaq example).

You want an entire roster of guys straight out of the gym? People who have never watched a match in their lives to get into the ring and on your tv with only a month of experience? The way you keep talking about men is getting really weird, like total homo guy.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
It'd be nice if we had more quality, big man brawls but I'll take actual wrestlers with passion for the FAKE over big guys who couldn't get into a major level at their main sport.

Deezy by your own logic, you're a huge geek yourself. Props, thanks for joinin' the club.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Shaq also played John Henry Irons in the movie Steel, one of the 4 replacement Supermen following The Death of Superman. Rock has been campaigning for the role of Black Adam for nearly a decade, has openly admitted to being a fan of Captain Marvel(now Shazam, which can bring me back around to another Shaq example).

You want an entire roster of guys straight out of the gym? People who have never watched a match in their lives to get into the ring and on your tv with only a month of experience? The way you keep talking about men is getting really weird, like total homo guy.
Huh? I fuck girls, I don't know comics. Funny how you can't admit the biggest stars in the industry weren't a bunch of Beta Male geeks who would rather sit around talking comic books than going out and being a man.

It'd be nice if we had more quality, big man brawls but I'll take actual wrestlers with passion for the FAKE over big guys who couldn't get into a major level at their main sport.

Deezy by your own logic, you're a huge geek yourself. Props, thanks for joinin' the club.
Have those match quality nobodies and let the industry stay some tiny niche product, I'd rather have the mainstream scene where it was cool to be a wrestling fan.

My own logic makes me a geek....how? Expecting a business I like following to go back to being successful and cool is now considered geek? Way to use that "you IWC cuz you online" logic when it doesn't mean shit.

Last edited:

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Have those match quality nobodies and let the industry stay some tiny niche product, I'd rather have the mainstream scene where it was cool to be a wrestling fan.

My own logic makes me a geek....how? Expecting a business I like following to go back to being successful and cool is now considered geek? Way to use that "you IWC cuz you online" logic when it doesn't mean shit.

Haha, perceived cool by morons, great stuff, man. You know when a mass of people start thinkin' the same most of the folks in those groups are ravin' idiots. You can appeal to those folks if ya want.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Haha, perceived cool by morons, great stuff, man. You know when a mass of people start thinkin' the same most of the folks in those groups are ravin' idiots. You can appeal to those folks if ya want.
As opposed to elitist pricks who don't want anything to be successful and think they are experts on things they know nothing about? Give me the pack of raving morons.

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

Reaction score
You seem to be upset that people who spend a lot of time on the road, would read something to entertain them. You also claim that Scott Steiner, Rock, and Hogan(whats the other name he goes by, a character he says he has been a fan of since the 70's that he still pays royalties to Marvel over, 30+ years into his career, oh yeah, Hulk) are Beta males, yet fit into your obsession of how a man should look.

Also, your MMA point is as useless, since I will guarantee you there are guys who read them in MMA. First one that comes to mind is Jason David Frank(who you might remember as Tommy in Power Rangers gen 1).

Then there are sports fans, who somehow manage to know stats for entire rosters, play fantasy games involving these players, and think they are not geeks. Geeks remember useless facts, and play fantasy games involving whatever their geekdom is(Vampires, Dungeons & Dragon, Superheroes etc.) Sounds to me like a lot of closet nerds are out there.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
You seem to be upset that people who spend a lot of time on the road, would read something to entertain them. You also claim that Scott Steiner, Rock, and Hogan(whats the other name he goes by, a character he says he has been a fan of since the 70's that he still pays royalties to Marvel over, 30+ years into his career, oh yeah, Hulk) are Beta males, yet fit into your obsession of how a man should look.

Also, your MMA point is as useless, since I will guarantee you there are guys who read them in MMA. First one that comes to mind is Jason David Frank(who you might remember as Tommy in Power Rangers gen 1).

Then there are sports fans, who somehow manage to know stats for entire rosters, play fantasy games involving these players, and think they are not geeks. Geeks remember useless facts, and play fantasy games involving whatever their geekdom is(Vampires, Dungeons & Dragon, Superheroes etc.) Sounds to me like a lot of closet nerds are out there.
Fantasy football and power rangers :TI:

You're reaching worse than your vague way of calling me a fag for alpha males because I hit a nerve with you on nerds.

And lol @ Hulkster naming himself because he read comics, TV show was over huge at the time and it wasn't some literal transition from some kids book. And lol at thinking he came up with the name himself.

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
I'm not sure I understand your logic Deezy. So in order to be a man you have to fight people and fuck bitches? If that's the case, I'll take being a beta male, because that shit sounds stupid.

Who gives a fuck if they read comics or not?