Brock vs Cena is cool but

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Danielson

Champion
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Obviously Ziggler isn't, but I think they want to build Cesaro up and putting up a great match but coming up short against Bork would be a nice rub.
I don't think Cesaro's solo run is going so hot. Maybe it would help his career. I guess he could act all pissy toward Heyman and start junk with Lesnar

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
I don't think Cesaro's solo run is going so hot. Maybe it would help his career. I guess he could act all pissy toward Heyman and start junk with Lesnar
Pairing Cesaro with Heyman was a dog shit idea. [lockard] I called it when it happened [/lockard]

The GOAT

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
On a personal level, I'd love to see Brock wrestle Bryan, Cesaro (probably won't happen), Reigns, Jericho (won't happen), Orton (if he became a babyface again), etc.

I'd also love to see Brock and Ambrose go at it at least in a brawl or something. I know the following scenario wouldn't make sense with the way things are now, but imagine if Lesnar's role at the moment was simply being The Authority's personal one-time bodyguard who stood in-between Ambrose and Rollins the next time Ambrose tried to interrupt Rollins cashing in. Imagine that Brock dismantles Cena on behalf of The Authority to allow for an easy cash-in for Rollins, and while Seth hands over the briefcase to the referee to start the match, Brock stands watch waiting for Ambrose to come out and try and disrupt Rollins becoming champion. Ambrose, being the crazy and fearless bastard that he is, arrives and goes straight after Lesnar. He ends up getting destroyed, of course, but that's not the point - the point is that he was still determined and fearless enough to try and stop Rollins from becoming champion even if it meant instigating a fight with Brock Lesnar of all people. And it's fitting that of all the ways to finally stop Ambrose from preventing Rollins becoming champion, The Authority would end up relying on "The Beast Incarnate", Brock Lesnar himself. Would have been a good way to set up a non-title feud between Cena and Lesnar at Summerslam if they had wanted to go that direction.

Reactions: Trip in the Head

Trip in the Head

Jester of Darkness
Reaction score
On a personal level, I'd love to see Brock wrestle Bryan, Cesaro (probably won't happen), Reigns, Jericho (won't happen), Orton (if he became a babyface again), etc.

I'd also love to see Brock and Ambrose go at it at least in a brawl or something. I know the following scenario wouldn't make sense with the way things are now, but imagine if Lesnar's role at the moment was simply being The Authority's personal one-time bodyguard who stood in-between Ambrose and Rollins the next time Ambrose tried to interrupt Rollins cashing in. Imagine that Brock dismantles Cena on behalf of The Authority to allow for an easy cash-in for Rollins, and while Seth hands over the briefcase to the referee to start the match, Brock stands watch waiting for Ambrose to come out and try and disrupt Rollins becoming champion. Ambrose, being the crazy and fearless bastard that he is, arrives and goes straight after Lesnar. He ends up getting destroyed, of course, but that's not the point - the point is that he was still determined and fearless enough to try and stop Rollins from becoming champion even if it meant instigating a fight with Brock Lesnar of all people. And it's fitting that of all the ways to finally stop Ambrose from preventing Rollins becoming champion, The Authority would end up relying on "The Beast Incarnate", Brock Lesnar himself. Would have been a good way to set up a non-title feud between Cena and Lesnar at Summerslam if they had wanted to go that direction.
How come you don't write for WWE? That concept is 10x better than half the shit they put out. Ambrose would become a super anti-hero and would be put over tremendously IMO, even if he got destroyed as you said.

Trip in the Head

Jester of Darkness
Reaction score
A good reason Brock doesn't do top rope moves
240755e6911cafb7974b12ac4310155d.gif

Red Rain

The Bully
Technician
Reaction score
Daniel Bryan, the WWE Superstar = Overrated
Bryan Danielson the professional wrestler = Great
Bryan Danielson, the MMA hopeful = Decent

WarMachine1

Bringing the Internet Pain
Reaction score
Since they had Lesnar shock everyone by ending the streak of The Undertaker, I can see them having Lesnar shock everyone by making Cena tap out to the Kimura. After all, Heyman did say that his client is in WWE to shock the WWE Universe and put tears in the eyes of children. I don't know of a better way for Lesnar to accomplish that by doing something like that.

Red Rain

The Bully
Technician
Reaction score
What about the other part of my post?

You say you've hated Lesnar all along, but back in the day his style was very much a pro wrestling style based on WRESTLING MOVES with suplexes, slams, ect. Seeing as your main criticism now seems to be his MMA style of wrestling I'm confused as to why you hated him initially.

You hit the nail on the, dawg. WWE basically bought Lesnar on the heels of his MMA run, not necessarily his WWE run. Lesnar earned millions more with far less dates based on his MMA run, itself. His WWE run was foundational, but WWE signed him with the understanding they would be getting the MMA Brock Lesnar, no the WWE version. This, in part, explains his ring gear.

How come you don't write for WWE? That concept is 10x better than half the shit they put out. Ambrose would become a super anti-hero and would be put over tremendously IMO, even if he got destroyed as you said.

If this isn't a rhetorical question it's obvious WWE wants a dumbed down audience. With all due respect to Kev, there is creative talent out there with intelligent insight within earshot to book the program. Dutch Mantel (aka Zeb Coulter), Paul Heyman and countless men and women who've been employed with that company are either looked over or given the boot. Scott Hall is another name that, if trusted, could do wonders for the creative team. Instead, they use Michael Hayes.