• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Brock v Wyatt Good or Bad at WM

The GOAT

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
I love the thought of Lesnar going up against an entire gang of foes like the Wyatts, I just don't love that it's happening as early as this year's Wrestlemania. I want Bray Wyatt to actually win a Wrestlemania program for once in his life, and I don't see much chance of that happening with Lesnar. Even assuming that it did (and I certainly wouldn't cancel out the possibility of it happening completely, since sometimes the unthinkable happens and this could end up being another of those ironic things that no one expects, just like Brock ending Taker's streak two years ago), I feel beating Brock is a rub much better reserved for someone like Kevin Owens instead, especially given the similarities of he and Lesnar's characters (both tough guys, both "prize fighters", etc.) Going over another boogeymen "from the dark side" like The Undertaker would be a better win for Wyatt.

Best case scenario if Bray loses is that Brock fights all four Wyatts in a handicap match and pins Strowman to look as bad-ass as possible while also 'protecting' Bray by having him avoid taking a direct loss (although defeating the much larger and stronger Strowman makes the notion of protecting Bray rather futile, but whatever. That's just how I think they would see it.)

Kind of a shame Sting and Randy Orton are out with injuries because either one of them would have been more than willing to do the job for Bray (Sting was even his rumored opponent, and Randy would have definitely been the second choice imo if he wasn't on the shelf as well) and both would have been good feuds and quality opponents for Wyatt to go over.

The GOAT

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
^Lesnar is 99.9999999999% winning that match, no joke.

This sounds crazy but I'd like to see Lesnar vs Sheamus if only it was possible. The episode of "Wyatt talks shit and can't back it up" part 493,129 is so lame. "Buy Wrestlemania, watch Sheamus get thrown around like a ragdoll!" But what's done is done, you can't waste the Rumble elimination now.

Won't complain about Owens vs Styles either! They need one guy to be a Network draw down there

I'm actually a little surprised they aren't doing Brock vs Sheamus at Wrestlemania. I kept thinking they might just 'cause Sheamus has been lobbying for a match with Brock for some time now, and heading into Wrestlemania he would have been coming off a main event angle with Roman Reigns and The Authority (although he didn't hold onto the championship for quite as long as we thought he would) and figured they might milk what last bit they could of Sheamus' main event relevancy by having Brock destroy him at Mania. Not to mention him having his own gang of allies watching his back now as well. They even let him get in a couple good shots on Brock a couple weeks ago when Lesnar was handing out suplexes to everyone.

woz75

Jobber
Reaction score
Sounds like it could work. Now Taker vs Strowman is another question. What a terrible match that will be. HOW does he deserve a semi-main event in what's supposed to be the biggest mains of all time? ridiculous

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Sounds like it could work. Now Taker vs Strowman is another question. What a terrible match that will be. HOW does he deserve a semi-main event in what's supposed to be the biggest mains of all time? ridiculous

Strowman vs Taker is anything but confirmed for Mania. It's pure speculation.

Reactions: woz75

CFCrusader

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
Meh, right now I'm not that hyped. Lesnar trying to throw around such big guys in the Wyatts would be fun and I wonder if Bray and Brock can put on a great match (Heyman and Bray's promos, though, would be boss), but I really want a Lesnar-Sheamus feud, throwing in the rest of the League of Nations, or a Lesnar-Owens feud, that would truly elevate Owens to the next level.

Heck, if Cesaro was around, I'd say Lesnar-Cesaro could easily co-main event WM.

Aids Johnson

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
Wyatt wins, it's a great match and we all move forward. I am so tired of people bitching about him being a jobber and THEN HATING ON HIM FACING SOMEONE LIKE BORK LASER. Honestly. Shut. the. fuck. up. about. it.

Gliberty

Jobber
Reaction score
If this really does have to go ahead (and it does seem like a bit of a waste of a WM matchup) then I'm genuinely hoping for this to be the match where the fugly sisters (Harper, Rowan, Strowman) get knocked on their backsides early on and Bray Wyatt actually has to do some wrestling. More than 3 seconds of it. It's getting beyond boring watching those 4.