Brock Lesnar says Vince McMahon is a better promoter than Dana White

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
Captain America...enhanced by science (that could exist and isn't completely off the charts) is a super solider....not too fake. Yes, we may have hovering skateboards and cars soon, too....a guy with gliding wings isn't too off. And, you missed my point. The fighting, emotion, and ways they conduct the story are all aimed at being more "real." Again, unless they have too (someone like Thor is hard to portray as "real") fantasy isn't always as big of a direction anymore. They have these hero's fighting in New York city and mention it in the movie.
Do you read comic books perhaps? I have since I learnt how to read. These movies are not going in a more realistic direction. 90 percent of what people watch on TV and in the movies still indicate that fantasy is the big drawing card in media. Captain America does not fight in a realistic manner, the emotions are depicted as being human, as they have always been in Marvel comics. And are you insinuating that Marvel comics have not always taken place in New York? Because I'm pretty sure they have. And we are not close to having super soldiers. To even create something like that would require experimentation on humans on an illegal and unethical level.

Batman is now fighting Superman (sometimes fantasy is needed, especially with Justice League coming out), but before that, a point you left out, he fought Bane, Joker, and Ra's al Ghul. All portrayed as more real, believable characters. Joker is a believable psychopath, bane is a huge fighting machine, and Ra's al Ghul is the real like mentor who trained bruce in all his batman-like ways. Dark Knight was a box office smash hit. Dark Knight Rises was, too....
The Batman in Batman vs Superman is not Nolan's Batman. Nolan's style is not the one comic book movies is heading in, all evidence points towards the more fantastical marvel approach, because they have always outdone the more "realistic" super hero movies money wise bar Nolan.

Jurassic world is based off of what we know about real dinosaurs and it crushed the box office. Obviously some exaggeration is involved with movies like this but you get my point.
Except Jurrassic world is full of factual holes. Their research team is very open about a lot of the stuff they thought was legit in the original movie has since been proven incorrect or otherwise altered. But they are sticking to their guns for continuity's sake.

Comic books, like wrestling can cater to a wide pallet, there is room for both realism and the fantastic. But history and the contemporary in both indicates that the fantastic outdraws and sells more than realism. MMA fans want big fights, wrestling fans want the BIG matches, wrestling can more easily cater to that since in wrestling it is easily manufactured.

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
Do you read comic books perhaps? I have since I learnt how to read. These movies are not going in a more realistic direction. 90 percent of what people watch on TV and in the movies still indicate that fantasy is the big drawing card in media. Captain America does not fight in a realistic manner, the emotions are depicted as being human, as they have always been in Marvel comics. And are you insinuating that Marvel comics have not always taken place in New York? Because I'm pretty sure they have. And we are not close to having super soldiers. To even create something like that would require experimentation on humans on an illegal and unethical level.

The Batman in Batman vs Superman is not Nolan's Batman. Nolan's style is not the one comic book movies is heading in, all evidence points towards the more fantastical marvel approach, because they have always outdone the more "realistic" super hero movies money wise bar Nolan.

Except Jurrassic world is full of factual holes. Their research team is very open about a lot of the stuff they thought was legit in the original movie has since been proven incorrect or otherwise altered. But they are sticking to their guns for continuity's sake.

Comic books, like wrestling can cater to a wide pallet, there is room for both realism and the fantastic. But history and the contemporary in both indicates that the fantastic outdraws and sells more than realism. MMA fans want big fights, wrestling fans want the BIG matches, wrestling can more easily cater to that since in wrestling it is easily manufactured.
yes, I do. do you? good for you. Lol, I just proved that they are with some examples you're ignoring. Pointless discussion lol. Fantasy will always draw, I said that. James Bond, Bourne, and Taken are just some examples of this as well. I made the super hero point simply to state that even directors of super hero movies try these approaches, too. Read below....notice "realism"

http://content.usatoday.com/communi...-gritty-realistic-tv-superhero/1#.VdcnQTZRGUk

I know it's not Nolan's batman (even though they're using the Tumbler)....so let me get this straight....Dark Knight....being more real....smashed all records at the time....and, yet, it would've done better with a more fantasy approach?....hmmm...I don't think so. Avengers did well because you know there's going to be some fantasy involved and you already accept that; couple that with you get to see a ton of your favorite hero's on screen at the same time....for the first time in a blockbuster style movie. Of course it'll do big. I'm not even criticizing fantasy, rather saying that directors and movies in general are trying to make things more believable even if fantasy is involved.

It's full of factual holes, but it's based on real dinosaurs with some exaggeration so people have some shock value. Fantasy would be them flying on jet packs and talking like human beings as they have cloaking devices. It's more real than fake, bro.

But I'll end this here. Agree to disagree.