Brock Lesnar says Vince McMahon is a better promoter than Dana White

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
Firewall is blocking you. I'll search for the log when I get home.
Or if it happens again, quote the "Ray ID" at the bottom of the page and send to me. Much easier to find it then.
Damn firewall. Lol. What kind?

Solidus1

eXit
Reaction score
Okay I'll find that shortly and let you know why it's happening. Likely an infected computer.

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
Okay I'll find that shortly and let you know why it's happening. Likely an infected computer.
I'm like always on my iPhone. And it only keeps happening when I try to reply to some messages and quote people.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
Dana is a shit promoter who is shit for MMA. Vince wins by default, even though in 2015 he is pretty shitty himself.

C.M. Shaddix

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
I saw this article yesterday, my take on it is that people don't get that these "Superstars" actually do a lot to make the fake look real, which is why they should be given a lot of credit, it's dangerous still being in WWE, history shows people get hurt and even die by this. Just because it's scripted and fake doesn't mean it can still be dangerous and painful.

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
"real" fighting is easier to sell to a big group of people as opposed to a scripted fight.
WWE still outdraw the UFC, Bellator or any other MMA organization regularly so I don't see where you get that from. Not to mention that Dana's biggest draw ever was a wrestler, and his only big self made talent (Ronda) is modeling herself after wrestling.

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
WWE still outdraw the UFC, Bellator or any other MMA organization regularly so I don't see where you get that from. Not to mention that Dana's biggest draw ever was a wrestler, and his only big self made talent (Ronda) is modeling herself after wrestling.
Brock did bigger individual numbers but GSP is probably their biggest draw ever to be fair, especially since he was on 100 with Brock.

Also :

joN4cWA.jpg

UFC is up by about a million ppv buys since 01 according to this, not fact checked however

Stopspot

Reaction score
Brock did bigger individual numbers but GSP is probably their biggest draw ever to be fair, especially since he was on 100 with Brock.

Also :

joN4cWA.jpg

UFC is up by about a million ppv buys since 01 according to this, not fact checked however
I was talking attendance. Where I still believe that wrestling outdraws MMA. UFC 190 pulled 14k in attendance, an episode of RAW is roughly in the 12 - 15k range.

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
I was talking attendance. Where I still believe that wrestling outdraws MMA. UFC 190 pulled 14k in attendance, an episode of RAW is roughly in the 12 - 15k range.
Depends on the arena to be fair, the UFC is doing a 70k arena in Australia and Pride did 90k at Saitama didn't they? Has the E done a 7 million dollar gate like 189 recently ? I genuinely don't have a clue.

Stopspot

Reaction score
Depends on the arena to be fair, the UFC is doing a 70k arena in Australia and Pride did 90k at Saitama didn't they? Has the E done a 7 million dollar gate like 189 recently ? I genuinely don't have a clue.
Wrestlemania 31 did 76,976 in WWE's own words. And grossed 12.6 million.

Ninjaed

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
Isn't ufc worth more than WWE?

Also, my point with lockard is that everything is going towards more realism than ever before. Movies, games, TV shows, etc. are all trying to do this more so than not.

Brock is an exception because he was the first guy to step into the UFC, when it became much bigger, as a former WWE wrestler and known as a genetic freak. He looks like a nut case and has somewhat of a background. It's interesting. Doesn't mean WWE is better because this happened and made Dana money.

Rhonda was big before she stepped into a WWE ring and drew millions. She didn't have to step into WWE at all, but did it to maybe draw some more fans and try something new. Again, doesn't prove anything.

I'm not discrediting WWE at all, rather I feel "realism" is bigger than it ever has been. Having the "touch" of fantasy is nice but not as big.

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
Brock didn't get in the UFC when it got much bigger, he made it much bigger.

Stopspot

Reaction score
Isn't ufc worth more than WWE?
Hard to determine. UFC is owned by a parent company (Zuffa) so their worth is going to be factored into the worth of Zuffa. WWE is its own entity which means the numbers for them are more readily available.

Also, my point with lockard is that everything is going towards more realism than ever before. Movies, games, TV shows, etc. are all trying to do this more so than not.
Because Blockbuster movies about men that shrink to the size of ants are totally legit. Yes there is an influx of realism in media, but it is minimal. The stuff that makes big money is still the spectacular.

Brock is an exception because he was the first guy to step into the UFC, when it became much bigger, as a former WWE wrestler and known as a genetic freak. He looks like a nut case and has somewhat of a background. It's interesting. Doesn't mean WWE is better because this happened and made Dana money.
So let's ignore all the other wrestlers turned MMA fighters or MMA fighters turned wrestlers before Brock then. Antonio Inoki made a career out of doing rigged MMA fights before Brock was even planned, New Japan is built by Inoki fighting guys like Muhammed Ali. A lot of the talent in Pride were wrestlers, New Japan in the 90's and early 2000's was based on wrestlers vs fighters. Brock is not anything new to the industry.

Rhonda was big before she stepped into a WWE ring and drew millions. She didn't have to step into WWE at all, but did it to maybe draw some more fans and try something new. Again, doesn't prove anything.
You totally missed my point. I said that Ronda is a gimmick. She bloody calls herself Rowdy Ronda Rousey after Piper.

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
Brock didn't get in the UFC when it got much bigger, he made it much bigger.
No it was already, roughly, a billion dollar company at that point. Sure, he drew money but didn't make them.