Brock Lesnar says Vince McMahon is a better promoter than Dana White

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
Don-Frye-Vs.-Yoshihiro-Takayama.gif

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
Takayama greatness.

The blueprint for Bob was obviously Bob Sapp..

Sapp Time, all the time.

Reactions: seabs

Farooq

Chairwoman of The New Day
Reaction score
Don't know much about UFC, but I would hope that Vince would be better with all the years he has under his belt.

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
No it was already, roughly, a billion dollar company at that point. Sure, he drew money but didn't make them.
Not exactly, but sure.

Zany Clowny

AvrilWasRight,EverythingIsSoComplicated
Reaction score
lol fuck ufc

the best draw they have is a strong independant womyn going against the worst of the worst

fuck that

would rather watch Kozlov beat jobbers on YouTube

Reactions: Solidus1

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
Hard to determine. UFC is owned by a parent company (Zuffa) so their worth is going to be factored into the worth of Zuffa. WWE is its own entity which means the numbers for them are more readily available.

Because Blockbuster movies about men that shrink to the size of ants are totally legit. Yes there is an influx of realism in media, but it is minimal. The stuff that makes big money is still the spectacular.

So let's ignore all the other wrestlers turned MMA fighters or MMA fighters turned wrestlers before Brock then. Antonio Inoki made a career out of doing rigged MMA fights before Brock was even planned, New Japan is built by Inoki fighting guys like Muhammed Ali. A lot of the talent in Pride were wrestlers, New Japan in the 90's and early 2000's was based on wrestlers vs fighters. Brock is not anything new to the industry.

You totally missed my point. I said that Ronda is a gimmick. She bloody calls herself Rowdy Ronda Rousey after Piper.
Not exactly, but sure.
lol pretty close man. Brock in no way "made" the company.

Stopspot

Reaction score
Not sure why I was quoted there but well then

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
Hard to determine. UFC is owned by a parent company (Zuffa) so their worth is going to be factored into the worth of Zuffa. WWE is its own entity which means the numbers for them are more readily available.

Because Blockbuster movies about men that shrink to the size of ants are totally legit. Yes there is an influx of realism in media, but it is minimal. The stuff that makes big money is still the spectacular.

So let's ignore all the other wrestlers turned MMA fighters or MMA fighters turned wrestlers before Brock then. Antonio Inoki made a career out of doing rigged MMA fights before Brock was even planned, New Japan is built by Inoki fighting guys like Muhammed Ali. A lot of the talent in Pride were wrestlers, New Japan in the 90's and early 2000's was based on wrestlers vs fighters. Brock is not anything new to the industry.

You totally missed my point. I said that Ronda is a gimmick. She bloody calls herself Rowdy Ronda Rousey after Piper.
I hear 3.5 billion with UFC. Wwe lost tons of money with the network but it may go up after time. Pretty sure UFC is higher.

Lol one example, nice. Batman, daredevil, arrow, captain America, iron man, and even avengers, besides needing some obvious fantasy, all try to trigger the more real approach as possible in combat and scenarios. Some fantasy can't be ignored but it's obvious there's a trend of a more serious, real tone.

Not ignore. But Brock's appearance, because of ufcs popularity and having more fighters... Made it feel bigger. They promoted it bigger and people were curious. I'm not sure what you're getting at, I'm simply stating that Brock's was different than people who made similar moves a long time ago in UFC because it was a different company by 2008. Much bigger.

She just started saying rodddy abd was huge without being just a gimmick before that. And obviously there's some gimmick with her, but in the end she's known for fighting abd being a real badass.

Stopspot

Reaction score
I hear 3.5 billion with UFC. Wwe lost tons of money with the network but it may go up after time. Pretty sure UFC is higher.
"you hear", so there are no legitimate numbers then? Then you cannot even compare. WWE release their numbers every quarter. If UFCs worth is just speculated we cannot even compare the two since it would be like comparing a cat to an imaginary one.

Lol one example, nice. Batman, daredevil, arrow, captain America, iron man, and even avengers, besides needing some obvious fantasy, all try to trigger the more real approach as possible in combat and scenarios. Some fantasy can't be ignored but it's obvious there's a trend of a more serious, real tone.
Captain America, realistic? WTF? It's a franchise about a super soldier fighting other super soldiers and super terrorists, also featuring a dude in a wing suit. Iron Man is fucking sci fi. Batman is about to fight a god and an unkillable alien using power armor, the Avengers features a super soldier, a god, a massive rage monster and fight off alien invasions and killer robots. Also the Arrow is about to go time travelling. It's the other way around. They are mainly fantastical medias with hints of realism not the other way around.

Come Christmas, a movie about space adventures is going to most likely blow every realistic movie away at the box office.

Not ignore. But Brock's appearance, because of ufcs popularity and having more fighters... Made it feel bigger. They promoted it bigger and people were curious. I'm not sure what you're getting at, I'm simply stating that Brock's was different than people who made similar moves a long time ago in UFC because it was a different company by 2008. Much bigger.
A world were Brock is bigger than Inoki...... lol. Not hating on Brock But what he did for the UFC has already been done a lot of times before, to similar results.

Last edited:

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
"you hear", so there are no legitimate numbers then? Then you cannot even compare. WWE release their numbers every quarter. If UFCs worth is just speculated we cannot even compare the two since it would be like comparing a cat to an imaginary one.

Captain America, realistic? WTF? It's a franchise about a super soldier fighting other super soldiers and super terrorists, also featuring a dude in a wing suit. Iron Man is fucking sci fi. Batman is about to fight a god and an unkillable alien using power armor, the Avengers features a super soldier, a god, a massive rage monster and fight off alien invasions and killer robots. Also the Arrow is about to go time travelling. It's the other way around. They are mainly fantastical medias with hints of realism not the other way around.

Come Christmas, a movie about space adventures is going to most likely blow every realistic movie away at the box office.

A world were Brock is bigger than Inoki...... lol. Not hating on Brock But what he did for the UFC has already been done a lot of times before, to similar results.

http://www.mmamania.com/2014/3/25/5...white-3-5-billion-or-more-financial-times-mma

Now Dana could just be talking out his ass and we'll have to see...but I highly doubt he'd want this to go public and then completely be wrong. And I do know that Vince, personally, took a 350 million dollar hit, which isn't peanut money; thus, his company took a hit as well, especially in the stock market. This can happen and he can recover....but, I'm leaning more towards UFC as of now. could be wrong, but seems pretty educated at this point. not just "hear say." And, I simply brought up the money thing because people are acting as if fantasy and script always kill a more real approach...I was merely stating that this isn't always the case.

Captain America...enhanced by science (that could exist and isn't completely off the charts) is a super solider....not too fake. Yes, we may have hovering skateboards and cars soon, too....a guy with gliding wings isn't too off. And, you missed my point. The fighting, emotion, and ways they conduct the story are all aimed at being more "real." Again, unless they have too (someone like Thor is hard to portray as "real") fantasy isn't always as big of a direction anymore. They have these hero's fighting in New York city and mention it in the movie.

Batman is now fighting Superman (sometimes fantasy is needed, especially with Justice League coming out), but before that, a point you left out, he fought Bane, Joker, and Ra's al Ghul. All portrayed as more real, believable characters. Joker is a believable psychopath, bane is a huge fighting machine, and Ra's al Ghul is the real like mentor who trained bruce in all his batman-like ways. Dark Knight was a box office smash hit. Dark Knight Rises was, too....

Avengers I use the same example I gave for captain America. Some needed fantasy but all aimed at being more believable...makes you think...."could something like this really happen?" Arrow is just now about to time travel...everything else in the entire series is more real centered and he fights enemies similar to batmans, sometimes even the same ones. I guess this boils down to opinions vary.

Yes, Star wars has always been big and that's fine. Fantasy can and always will make money; this doesn't disprove my point. Dark Knight was a very "real" approach and it crushed the box office. Jurassic world is based off of what we know about real dinosaurs and it crushed the box office. Obviously some exaggeration is involved with movies like this but you get my point.

I actually agree with you on the Brock thing....I really do....just feel that Brock's was slightly different.

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
lol pretty close man. Brock in no way "made" the company.
That's not what I was talking about when I said 'not exactly' I was talking more about UFC being a billion dollar company in 2006, which it wasn't.