Breaking news TNA Reaches Deal with SPIKE TV....

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

scottcs88

Reaction score
Pro wrestling outfit TNA Entertainment has pinned down a multi-year extension with Spike Tv that could include additional television projects beyond its weekly Impact Wrestling series, according to Dixie Carter, TNA Entertainment president.
Spike, which debuted TNA programming in 2005, will remain the exclusive home for TNA programming - including the wrestling company's Thursday night weekly series Impact Wrestling -- as part of the deal.
Terms of agreement were not disclosed.
TNA's Impact Wrestling has delivered strong viewership ratings for Spike over the past seven years. The series, which features such wrestlers as Hulk Hogan, Ric Flair, Jeff Hardy, Kurt Angle, Sting, James Storm and Rob Van Dam, is averaging 1.7 million viewers thus far in 2012, ranking it among the male-targeted network's most watched series.
Carter told Multichannel News that the Spike extension will further help build the 10-year old TNA through additional branding opportunities, although she would not reveal specifics. Carter didn't rule out the possibility of another TNA-based show on Spike or additional TNA-branded TV projects.
"We look forward to working with Spike to help us build and extend the TNA brand," Carter said.
The deal comes on the heels of TNA's announcement that it will distribute a June pay-per-view event marking the company's 10th anniversary. The event, Slammiversary 2012, will air June 10 and will originate from the Dallas/Ft. Worth metroplex arena, the company said.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Good news.

I def think they need a second show like Smackdown, theres way too much going on the Impact shows and it usually ends up a huge clusterfuck.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
They didn't really have a choice, neither TNA nor Spike. Spike can't get UFC back. They can't ever get WWE back because they pissed Vince off before. TNA is their highest rated program, which ain't saying much as they aren't a top 10 cable channel like when Raw/Heat/Velocity was there

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Yeah they're pretty much stuck with each other so this was expected. Only way I see Spike saying screw TNA is if another company was on the rise like a ROH or something.

Chriss

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
austinaries2
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
One thing that could bring them better ratings = the rebirth of X Division. I mean, they have some of the best highflyers in the history of wrestling. They built a company on these guys. They need to sign more X Division stars and give them more air time. Honestly, I'd rather watch a Main Event of some PPV when Austin Aries will be facing AJ Styles (AJ needs to get back into the X Division). I don't know about the weight limit but if they cut that shit off and they bring Daniels, AJ Styles and some older guys back to the X Division it could be what TNA needs.

rcoot93

Reaction score
Ok deal for both although TNA could do with a bigger network, perhaps they could try to get xplsion onto spike

chefboyardee

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
briscoebros
Favorite Wrestler
damiensandow
Favorite Wrestler
nxt
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
yippie yay more impact.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Good deal for both companies. If Spike had kept UFC it would have been interesting to see what happened. In the end Impact does draw a good amount of viewers on the network and unless the ratings drop off a lot they will keep TNA around. I am surprised that they never went through with a Knockouts only show or something like a X Division show to give them an extra hour of programming each week.