Breaking News: Joey Styles Off The ECW Announce Team

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

OsamaHussian

Reaction score
WHAT?!?! This guy can’t even say Hardy and he even mistook Randy Orton for Bryan Danielson last night on Raw but they’re going to put him in Styles spot? You have got to be kidding me, …If ECW wasn’t a hell hole before, it’s sure as hell is now. As of tomorrow, I’m boycotting ECW from my television screen.

IF STYLES IS REMOVED I RIOT!!

HHHforever

Reaction score
I will be watching this tonight just to see how it goes. Quite honestly I'm not that hopeful that it's going to be good, but you never know maybe he'll be great. I doubt it, but I won't 100% judge until I see it. Overall though I'm not a big fan of this decision.

Adampro123

Reaction score
Well im not gonna go to the extreme to not watch ECW just because he is there. i think thatis stupid and you could always mute it. ECW is a great show IMO and i love how it puts younger guys over. and it has atleast 1 or 2 great matches ofr WWE each week.

OsamaHussian

Reaction score
I'll watch tonight but if he blows a horse's ass I'm donewith WWECW once and for all... Long live Joey Styles!

Travis40

If you watch the Botchamania vids, Adamle has been in every single one since he's been in the WWE. He's called the WWE Title the WBA...then he called Jeff Hardy....Jeff Harvey...the guy sucks. I'm watching ECW tonight just to watch this guy fuck up in a big way.

[YT]IA-J_nyVuxU[/YT]

[YT]fP3ktgIFAEQ&feature=related[/YT]

HHHforever

Reaction score
Just from the little I've heard, he's got a great voice for a play by play type of guy. It'll be interesting to see how he develops. Still don't like firing Styles though, if anyone should go it should be Cole.

OsamaHussian

Reaction score
That was the worst hour of wrestling I have ever sat through in my entire life as a pro wrestling fan, that guy is hands down the worst commentator out today. Hell Don West is better then him, at least he adds something, this guy was just terrible.

Save_Us.Joey

I'm officially boycotting ECW from my television until they hire someone new.

HHHforever

Reaction score
^That's the most ridiculous and gross overstatement I think I've ever heard in my life. He's definitely better than Michael Cole without question, he has a great voice for announcing imo and as he gets more expierence he'll get better. I still don't support the firing of Styles, but this guy could easily replace Cole and do good things.

Headfirst For Hardcore

Reaction score
I loved in the Main Event when they had this dialogue...

Adamle - It looks like he's going to put Kane in a figure 4!
Tazz - Um, yeah, not really. It's actually a leg sciss-
Adamle - Wait, here comes John Morrison with a chop block

His whole announcing of the show was so bad, not at the Don West annoying point yet.

And I really want to get a GIF with the Tazz dance.

HHHforever

Reaction score
^Well like I said he's obviously not very experienced with wrestling, however he has a great voice for announcing. Once he learns the wrestling business I think he'll be okay, but things will be a little rocky at first.

Adampro123

Reaction score
wow Adamle made ECW very hard to watch ECW tonight and i usually LOVE ECW each week.

i knew he would be bad but it was worse than i thought. now i won't be boycotting ECW because i still like the wrestling on the show...but MY GOD!!! this guy is the worst guy i ever had to listen to. i see some of you saying MC was worse but i see nothing wrong with MC. he doesn't talk over the ring announcer and he doesn't go on for a while with silence and say stuff that makes no sense or act like he is getting to a point and just stop.

TBH i feel like boycotting ECW i know i said that i wouldn't and i will stay with what i said but its the the point where its so bad IMO that i want to.

HHHforever

Reaction score
^Give it a little time. Most people aren't good the first time they do something, he'll get better with time and experience. Announcing "play by play" wrestling is a lot different than doing play by play baseball or other sports. I think he'll be fine in the long run, but I still don't like the movement of Styles.

The Rated R CMStar

I see no sense on Joey Styles being moved to WWE.com and removed from commentary, I mean, Michael Cole pull off both. To me, this goes to other levels, like the fact that Vince has been aiming to a different type of commantary, the exact opposite of what Joey Styles is

KroniK 4-2-0

Reaction score
Joey Styles is weak man. Super overrated. He's annoying. Mike Adamle? I never seen him to commentary, but anything can be better than Styles....

You know I'd like though? If anyone watched ECW like in December of 2006, they had a third man, Brad Armstrong from the "Armstrong" Family....I reallyliked what he did with Tazz & Styles. He should join up with Tazz.