Breaking News: Joey Styles Off The ECW Announce Team

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Adampro123

Reaction score
Source: PWInsider.com

It was just announced at today's Smackdown/ECW Taping in London, England that Mike Adamle is the new announcer for ECW. He is set to call tonight's entire broadcast.

The word going around backstage at the show is that Joey Styles will be moved to another area within the company.

dlw2711

Reaction score
It's a good and bad situation.

Good, because we can see if Mike Adamle can be good at calling play-by-play for WWE instead of asking someone one question and then disappearing from the screen (see last night's Raw). I think that if this goes well, he will eventually take over for Raw or Smackdown when JR retires.

Bad, because ECW will not have its voice. Joey Styles & Tazz is currently my favorite announce team in the WWE. Coachman is too much of a play-by-play man to do commentary, and both JR & King are getting old. Styles can actually "tell stories" now because he's been in the WWE for a few years. However, what is the "other area within the company"?

eggthief

Reaction score
Coach is trying to be a colour commentator lately, but he gets dissed by Michael Cole every time and that is a bad sign.

Headfirst For Hardcore

Reaction score
Mike Adamle SUCKS so much, I hate that guy more than any wrestler on WWE right now.

The team of Styles and Tazz was the best, they actually knew the moves, but WWE told them to "tell stories." Joey really is a great announcer, I really don't see him announcing anywhere else in WWE.

xtremebadass

Mike Adamle is a beast, he does sports for us in Chicago, the man is a true to life player, plus Joey Styles sucks, anyone is better than that tool.

King Of Kings

Reaction score
Good i really hated joey styles his voice ruined some matches for me.

Adampro123

Reaction score
Mike Adamle is horrible since coming to the WWE. i don't even know if he is a wrestling fan honestly. i mean he sucks so bad at what he dose now and to me i think doing commentary on a whole show he would just get worse.

Joey and tazz were great together. i hope they scrap this idea after tonight and go back to joey and tazz.

Haze187

Reaction score
Stupid...Joey Styles and Tazz were the only thing good left ECW I guess I have one less of the very, very few reasons I have to watch ECW.

Marvel26

Reaction score
There is no doubt that Mike Adamle is a good commentator, but not for wrestling! I think this is a bad move for WWE as that is what Styles does! The only way this situation can be saved is if Styles goes to SD!

UPDATE:

Source: PWInsider.com
Joey Styles is now going to be part of WWE.com in some sort of way. We should have more soon.

Styles will not be headed to SmackDown! and Mike Adamle will now be announcing ECW with Tazz.

Surely he will have a television role!?

PeepShow

LMAO.gif

This Jeff Harvey guy should be worth quite the laugh. Styles must be so embarrassed.

HHHforever

Reaction score
This is a joke and I'm pissed about it. I actually really like Joey Styles. If anyone should be replaced it's fucking Michael Cole. I'd rather have Adamle replace Cole or Syles replace Cole than getting Styles off TV.

Vandy316

Reaction score
i think Styles should go over to SmackDown! and take Coach's spot since he is so bad and make the show better.

HHHforever

Reaction score
i think Styles should go over to SmackDown! and take Coach's spot since he is so bad and make the show better.

See that's the problem, that would be equally bad. Guys like Coach and Styles are NOT COLOR COMMENTATORS!!!!!!!!!! They are play by play guys. Joey would be no better. What they need to do is put a guy like Adamle or Styles in the SD! booth and find a real color guy like a JBL on color for the SD! booth.

Evil Austin

Well that isn't that good of a news I mean i wasn't a styles mark but you got to admitt he was better than this guy whoever he is and he in old ecw used to call the action by himself being both commentators he was great ...

OM MY GOD, BARBED WIRE, FLAMING TABLES OH MY GOD!

:rofl: