Breaking News: Daniel Bryan Retires - MEGA THREAD

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Neptune

我很喜歡吃餅乾
Reaction score
I miss the vanilla midget now that I know he is not coming back.

Swift

Alien Princess
Banned
Reaction score

Del Rio talks about how he accidentally knocked out Bryan once, and they still made Del Rio continue with match. Pretty interesting. This wouldn't happen in football, you're forced to follow some concussion protocol. Also the love everyone has for Bryan is cool to see.

• Haha
Reactions: Neptune

Neptune

我很喜歡吃餅乾
Reaction score

Del Rio talks about how he accidentally knocked out Bryan once, and they still made Del Rio continue with match. Pretty interesting. This wouldn't happen in football, you're forced to follow some concussion protocol. Also the love everyone has for Bryan is cool to see.

I rated funny because the way you started the post it made me laugh... But seriously, concussions are an issue in wrestling and football that not enough people take seriously and it is about time they did.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score

Yeah, wrestlers will usually want to finish the match despite being hurt.

I agree, though, there should be some sort of concussion protocol to follow. I mean, if a guy someone KO'd and doesn't know where the fuck he's at, he should be taken in the back for further evaluation immediately. It's serious stuff, obviously.

Swift

Alien Princess
Banned
Reaction score
Yeah, wrestlers will usually want to finish the match despite being hurt.

I agree, though, there should be some sort of concussion protocol to follow. I mean, if a guy someone KO'd and doesn't know where the fuck he's at, he should be taken in the back for further evaluation immediately. It's serious stuff, obviously.

Yeah I get that, NFL players are the same. I wouldn't expect Bryan to want to quit a match because of a concussion, but the fact that "they" told Del Rio to keep going after he informed them Bryan was out is a little fucked up and dangerous.

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
Daniel Bryan's last match was a tag team match on SmackDown. A tag team match with Daniel Bryan & John Cena vs. Cesaro & Kidd. Ironically, all of them are out of action.

Still, someone has yet to top Edge's last match. Now that was fucking awesome.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
This still sucks.

I wonder what his legacy will be. Not just for himself, we pretty much know that he'll be remembered in a way possibly no other superstar in wrestling history has been.

But Daniel Bryan was a guy who took some real shit and ran with it. CM Punk would have smacked someone backstage if they mentioned that he'll be in a comedy team with Kane after getting wrecked at WM28. Wonder if his legacy will be that we'll see more stuff like this from the rest of the roster?

Wonder if the indies and possibly even WWE will use him as an example to try to put on safer matches and avoid both brain trauma and injuries as much as you can, while also keeping the crowd invested? Could Daniel Bryan become the new face for concussion research in general? (As if the NFL doesn't have enough of those by now)

Wonder if WWE will see his success as a reason to accept more smaller guys on top - again, Rollins - or now that all these guys with years of wear and tear getting hurt all at once, will they be a little more leery about choosing an Apollo Crews over a Bobby Lashley?

Lastly, as we move forward, who's going to be the next person that wrestling fans can unanimously get behind with their rise to the top?