Breaking News: Daniel Bryan Retires - MEGA THREAD

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

C.M. Shaddix

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
Damn so it really is the end, first we had Edge with this now Bryan and in even a way quicker time. 25 minute speech? Worth it.

Neptune

我很喜歡吃餅乾
Reaction score
dog-falling-asleep-o.gif

Well by the end of it, you'll either be sleeping or passed out drunk.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
You would still get smoked under the table, son.
I hope for your sake not. I smoke like, entirely too much weed right now. I would tell you how fast I'm blazing through zips but it is legit embarrassing.

do you even dab bro? My tolerance is your tolerances Dad right now

Aids Johnson

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
I hope for your sake not. I smoke like, entirely too much weed right now. I would tell you how fast I'm blazing through zips but it is legit embarrassing.

do you even dab bro? My tolerance is your tolerances Dad right now
Dabs are my side job son. I make that pretty pretty. Amber all day.

TMBS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
VVR7eLH
Favorite Wrestler
williamregal
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
LH0JziR
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
Favorite Wrestler
kane
I thought it was Daniel Puder's retirement, thank god it was just his rey mysterio wannabe

Bort

WALKEN'
Reaction score
I'm not gonna write about Bryan's accomplishments, influence, masterful abilities, etc., you guys got it covered, everybody's talking about that anyway. I wanna mention something else. Me and few other pals of mine were often discussing Bryan's recklessness during the past 18+ months and it was downright shocking to us why would he exchange headbutts with Sheamus and Ziggler few days after coming back from injury. And for what, I mean seriously? I'm mentioning headbutts because they're the most glaring examples, but there's more obviously, and you know it. Here he is, Daniel Bryan - a fresh new household star who owns the crowds and publicity with the "YES!" shit, he's got everyone eating out of the palm of his hand, has the ability to derive so much by doing simplest things ... and yet he feels the need to work the G1 style in throwaway TV matches, fresh off rehabilitation. That's... kind of dumb, and unfortunately it bit him in the ass. It's sad, but all the people who were urging him to ease his style ASAP if he wants to go on - were spot on.

CFCrusader

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
I just saw a picture of Bryan crying just before he was about to come out to the ring. When I first started watching wrestling "full-time" in late 2012 and saw this cocky, heel Bryan who kept trying to cash in on Henry and Show... if you ever told me he would successfully defend the title in a steel cage against the two giants, wrestle an awesome Elimination Chamber match with some of my favourites (Cody and Wade), lose the title in 18 seconds to Sheamus and have the fans behind you the very next night, have a true classic with CM Punk for the title, become insecure with anger management issues, join Kane as part of "Team Hell No", fight one of my other all time favourites in The Shield, be the very best comedy tag team I will have ever witnessed, beat John Cena CLEAN at Summerslam with the Knee Plus, have one of the best "face turns" against Bray Wyatt, become a 3x World Champion, with his latest coming in the main event of WrestleMania 30 where he beat Triple H, Batista and Randy Orton all in one night after half a year of being held down by a heel stable called The Authority because he's a "B+ player" and the fans hijacking RAW several times to try and get him in the main event, to get injured and come back at the Royal Rumble in one of the biggest fuckeries of all time, to win the IC title at WM31 in epic fashion, to then have to relinquish that title due to an injury... I'd probably call you crazy. But damn it, I'm so glad to have seen most of Bryan's WWE career happen.

#ThankYouBryan

CFCrusader

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
I really want a Bryan-Kane-Shelby Hell No show on the WWE Network. That alone would be worth my $9.99. Or like £9.99 which translates to like £17, I think.

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
Daniel Bryan appeared with Jonathan Coachman on “Off The Top Rope” on ESPN tonight. Coach mentioned that Bryan announced his retirement in his home state of Washington on Monday’s Raw. Bryan talked about how difficult he was to announce he was retiring in front of his mom and his sister. He said that he had to turn away because he couldn’t look at him when he was doing his speech.

Coach asked how many concussions he had and Bryan says he knew he had ten that were documented but he admitted that there were probably more that were never recorded.

Coach asked about Bryan’s statement from Raw that he had more tests and found out that his brain wasn’t as “OK” as he thought it was. Bryan said that he went to New York and he said that he had a newer EEG, one which measures the brain currents while taking motion into account, and he said that it showed that while his other tests and had come out great, he was looking for this test to prove he was ready to return to the ring. Instead, it showed that he had a sub acute or chronic lesion in his brain. The lesion causes seizures. He said that he has had post concussion seizures and this test showed why he had them. That was all he needed to know and it led to him retiring.

He was asked about people playing sports and what he would tell them to do if they got a brain injury. He said people need to be cognizant of concussions. Report them and don’t return to playing until you know you are fully healed. He said that people that play sports and wrestle feel the need to tough through it, but they need to take care of it instead.

He went on to talk about his time in WWE and his exit. He came off very well.

pwinsider

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler