Bray Wyatt vs. Cena

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Red Rain

The Bully
Technician
Reaction score
So I wasn't the only one ticked off about Raw. The way The Wyatt Family is being booked isn't right. The Wyatts really needed the win. So the Wyatts had one of the best matches of the year with The Shield earlier on in the year and now they're being put down by John Cena. This is not ok. You would think that with The Shield being no more that they would use the Wyatts to full advantage. The Wyatts, and The Shield have been the most exciting part of WWE for me. Well... Things may not be looking very good for The Wyatts at the moment, but I'd still tune in to see Bray's promos. I wonder something though... Is it really John Cena's fault for what's happened to The Wyatts or is it someone else's fault?
It is not John Cena's fault what happened to the Wyatt's, bro. There's no need for me to spell that out any further.
The Wyatt Family isn't being booked right? Well, how should they be booked? You say, "This is not ok", but we're talking about a silly Monday Night RAW match.
I wonder if anyone cares about Undertaker's PPV record in September. What is Steve Austin's PPV record in October?
I doubt it really matters much or will matter much when you reflect on Bray Wyatt (or his family's) legacy.

You should become concerned when Wyatt's WM record is dreadful or his losing becomes significant to storyline progression.

Green Jesus

The Showoff
Reaction score
I figured as much. You're probably the 'feeling' type.
For lack of a better word, you're being rather ignorant, don't you think?
It's okay for Lesnar to beat up Cena but it isn't okay for for Cena to beat up Wyatt? That's very contradictory.
This is wrestling and beating people is how you get noticed. I have no idea of your rationale at all.
Even though I see your point, John Cena getting killed by lesnar is quite different than Cena beating down the wyatt family to a pulp. The reason why is quite simple, John cena is a 15 time world champion, he does not need anymore validation, he can look strong whenever he wants, wyatt however is still to cement himself as a really dangerous guy, and making him look weak just makes all his journey to becoming a top heel seem futile. Basically, brock lesnar killing john made him look unstopable, seeing as it's impossible to conceive john cena as being weak, while making bray get pounded may just bury him.

However, i'm still in high hopes that this match will not mean much to bray's carreer, it was just a tv loss afterall

Reactions: edge4ever

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
I figured as much. You're probably the 'feeling' type.
For lack of a better word, you're being rather ignorant, don't you think?
It's okay for Lesnar to beat up Cena but it isn't okay for for Cena to beat up Wyatt? That's very contradictory.
This is wrestling and beating people is how you get noticed. I have no idea of your rationale at all.
No, it's not a contradiction, really. Cena getting beating up badly by a man who ended the Streak (whether you like it or not, it did happen) makes sense. Wyatt, a man who has beaten Cena before and just got done feuding with him, getting destroyed like that makes no sense. Plus, Wyatt is fresh young talent and they're just kicking him more to the curb. Battleground was bad for the Wyatts and since then, especially after the Cena beat down, it's only getting worse.

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
It is not John Cena's fault what happened to the Wyatt's, bro. There's no need for me to spell that out any further.
The Wyatt Family isn't being booked right? Well, how should they be booked? You say, "This is not ok", but we're talking about a silly Monday Night RAW match.
I wonder if anyone cares about Undertaker's PPV record in September. What is Steve Austin's PPV record in October?
I doubt it really matters much or will matter much when you reflect on Bray Wyatt (or his family's) legacy.

You should become concerned when Wyatt's WM record is dreadful or his losing becomes significant to storyline progression.
simple: they should be booked where they win more often and not have harper and rowan constantly lose. Make them look like a strong group.

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
I was in a conflict between dislike or disagree. But I can't let ma boi Husky down. Nothing personal.
Well, I'm a fan of Bray Wyatt, no doubt. Nothing against the guy, was always a mark. Just that WWE doesn't seem to agree with me as I initially thought, he's jobbed to Cena, went 1-1 with Jericho and is now getting destroyed by Cena again. It's a complaint over how they're booking him, I think they're great talent.

Reactions: edge4ever

Red Rain

The Bully
Technician
Reaction score
Well, I'm a fan of Bray Wyatt, no doubt. Nothing against the guy, was always a mark. Just that WWE doesn't seem to agree with me as I initially thought, he's jobbed to Cena, went 1-1 with Jericho and is now getting destroyed by Cena again. It's a complaint over how they're booking him, I think they're great talent.
Wyatt will win the feud with Jericho. Everyone WILL forget that Cena beat Wyatt on Monday Night freaking RAW
No, it's not a contradiction, really. Cena getting beating up badly by a man who ended the Streak (whether you like it or not, it did happen) makes sense. Wyatt, a man who has beaten Cena before and just got done feuding with him, getting destroyed like that makes no sense. Plus, Wyatt is fresh young talent and they're just kicking him more to the curb. Battleground was bad for the Wyatts and since then, especially after the Cena beat down, it's only getting worse.
They are not kicking Wyatt to the curb. Cena is above Wyatt. Why don't you understand this? Cena won the feud, he's 'better' than Wyatt.
John Cena is beast mode. He's embarrassed. It's no different than when Kane first lost his mask. Cena took it out on a guy he's superior to; that being Bray Wyatt.
Even though I see your point, John Cena getting killed by lesnar is quite different than Cena beating down the wyatt family to a pulp. The reason why is quite simple, John cena is a 15 time world champion, he does not need anymore validation, he can look strong whenever he wants, wyatt however is still to cement himself as a really dangerous guy, and making him look weak just makes all his journey to becoming a top heel seem futile. Basically, brock lesnar killing john made him look unstopable, seeing as it's impossible to conceive john cena as being weak, while making bray get pounded may just bury him.

However, i'm still in high hopes that this match will not mean much to bray's carreer, it was just a tv loss afterall
It isn't different. You people still believe Wyatt is a main eventer, when he clearly has never been booked to be.
Had Wyatt been an main eventer, your point may have had some validity. Cena is head and shoulders above Wyatt and even more so because he's in a rage.

Wyatt is still making his mark and finding his footing. It's all present tense. He is an upper-mid card act, He is NOT there yet.

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
They are not kicking Wyatt to the curb. Cena is above Wyatt. Why don't you understand this? Cena won the feud, he's 'better' than Wyatt.
John Cena is beast mode. He's embarrassed. It's no different than when Kane first lost his mask. Cena took it out on a guy he's superior to; that being Bray Wyatt.
When Bray loses a feud to Cena, then goes on to lose to Jericho in their first match, along with Rowan and Harper losing every match on Raw and Smackdown, then Cena goes in "beast mode" and beats him down like he's garbage.....I would saying that's kicking him to the curb. Or, to put it better, putting him in a hole that'll be hard to get out of.

Cena is better than everyone, when you put it like that, but that doesn't mean he had to bury Bray in a match. He could've went beast on Kane....just beat the living hell out of him. Or Orton, and then Kane jumps in and stops him. Hell, he could've pissed off Triple H that night and fought him and started to go beast mode on him and then the rest of the authority jumps into the match....there was other ways to do this without further damaging your future heel talent.

Trip in the Head

Jester of Darkness
Reaction score
Saw a news report that the fall of Wyatt and his family on RAW was purely a Vince McMahon decision. Shows he is losing his edge IMO

http://www.inquisitr.com/1438326/ww...ehind-john-cenas-booking-on-monday-night-raw/

Vince McMahon was the person responsible for the way John Cena was booked on this past Monday’s edition of WWE RAW. McMahon, who has a history of focusing on the top guys personally in his company, wrote and put together all of the material for Cena at this past Monday’s show.

McMahon was reportedly under the impression that due to the way Brock Lesnar destroyed him in the one-sided match at the SummerSlam pay-per-view, that many of Cena’s fans may lose faith in him if he wasn’t made to look strong immediately after returning to television.

Red Rain

The Bully
Technician
Reaction score
When Bray loses a feud to Cena, then goes on to lose to Jericho in their first match, along with Rowan and Harper losing every match on Raw and Smackdown, then Cena goes in "beast mode" and beats him down like he's garbage.....I would saying that's kicking him to the curb. Or, to put it better, putting him in a hole that'll be hard to get out of.

Cena is better than everyone, when you put it like that, but that doesn't mean he had to bury Bray in a match. He could've went beast on Kane....just beat the living hell out of him. Or Orton, and then Kane jumps in and stops him. Hell, he could've pissed off Triple H that night and fought him and started to go beast mode on him and then the rest of the authority jumps into the match....there was other ways to do this without further damaging your future heel talent.
Stop replying to my posts.

PunkWyatt

Jobber
Reaction score
Bottom line wrestling appeases the kids not the doe hard fans. I was enjoying it for a while and I love it when it's unpredictable. It's edge of you seat type stuff. When it's predictable it sucks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Red Rain

The Bully
Technician
Reaction score
Bottom line wrestling appeases the kids not the doe hard fans. I was enjoying it for a while and I love it when it's unpredictable. It's edge of you seat type stuff. When it's predictable it sucks.

Agreed. A circus act can only put on so many shows that look even remotely different.
My work schedule has always prevented me from watching as much as most of you so a guy like Cena is still relatively fresh.
I've never been a fan of G-rated entertainment. Enough is too much already

PunkWyatt

Jobber
Reaction score
Agreed. A circus act can only put on so many shows that look even remotely different.
My work schedule has always prevented me from watching as much as most of you so a guy like Cena is still relatively fresh.
I've never been a fan of G-rated entertainment. Enough is too much already

I actually have no issue with Cena I just hate indestructible guys in general (Reigns has been getting on my nerves for awhile). Also WWE needs to realize fans remember one match from the next. Last SummerSlam Lesnar and CM Punk put on a great match that Lesnar needed Paul Heyman interference to win. Now a year later he destroys Super Cena? To me the more realistic the better and this is unrealistic. I pretty much watch now for the Wyatt's, having them get destroyed by Cena and some dinosaurs was a snooze test. Good thing MNF starts next week :=).