Bray Wyatt vs. Cena

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Red Rain

The Bully
Technician
Reaction score
I actually have no issue with Cena I just hate indestructible guys in general (Reigns has been getting on my nerves for awhile). Also WWE needs to realize fans remember one match from the next. Last SummerSlam Lesnar and CM Punk put on a great match that Lesnar needed Paul Heyman interference to win. Now a year later he destroys Super Cena? To me the more realistic the better and this is unrealistic. I pretty much watch now for the Wyatt's, having them get destroyed by Cena and some dinosaurs was a snooze test. Good thing MNF starts next week :=).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Good take. Really good take.
I actually had no idea Lesnar required Heyman's interference last year.
I do believe there is a such thing as improving. My rationale would be that Lesnar trained harder and overcame his previous limitations.
I still believe Wyatt was booked appropriately, considering he (of all people) was asked to put over John Cena

Wyatt isn't main event talent yet, but they thought enough of him that he could put over Cena and it would look like a big deal in the eyes of the viewers.

Trip in the Head

Jester of Darkness
Reaction score
Good take. Really good take.
I actually had no idea Lesnar required Heyman's interference last year.
I do believe there is a such thing as improving. My rationale would be that Lesnar trained harder and overcame his previous limitations.
I still believe Wyatt was booked appropriately, considering he (of all people) was asked to put over John Cena

Wyatt isn't main event talent yet, but they thought enough of him that he could put over Cena and it would look like a big deal in the eyes of the viewers.
I have to disagree on that one. They could have Cena go over him without completely dominating Wyatt like he did. Especially since they had a decent feud not that long ago where they had to have a rubber match in the end. He could've gone over Wyatt with a little less domination IMO. Makes me hope Lesnar still whoops his ass again.

• Haha
Reactions: edge4ever and Swift

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
Bottom line wrestling appeases the kids not the doe hard fans. I was enjoying it for a while and I love it when it's unpredictable. It's edge of you seat type stuff. When it's predictable it sucks.

This is exactly why I liked Lesnar winning.

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
I actually have no issue with Cena I just hate indestructible guys in general (Reigns has been getting on my nerves for awhile). Also WWE needs to realize fans remember one match from the next. Last SummerSlam Lesnar and CM Punk put on a great match that Lesnar needed Paul Heyman interference to win. Now a year later he destroys Super Cena? To me the more realistic the better and this is unrealistic. I pretty much watch now for the Wyatt's, having them get destroyed by Cena and some dinosaurs was a snooze test. Good thing MNF starts next week :=).

I don't mind "indestructible" guys as long as they show vulnerability at times and can lose the big one sometimes. Cena can lose sometimes.....but, the issue I have is that in the past ten years, no matter who he's faced, you're better off betting on Cena to win as he will most likely beat anyone who's in front of him.

I agree with the logic behind fans remember matches, which they do (another reason why I hated the Batista return), but in this case, it makes sense for Brock to dismantle Cena. I feel it was a good move and it was different. Whether you like it or not, Brock had the biggest win of any WWE supserstar in history by beating Taker. Having him end the Streak--a feat that no one expected to end--makes him the biggest heel for a long time . . . or, at the very least, the most dominant competitor going forward. You can blame Taker for that.

I think that Cena destroying the Wyatt's is utter trash.

Last edited:

Red Rain

The Bully
Technician
Reaction score
I have to disagree on that one. They could have Cena go over him without completely dominating Wyatt like he did. Especially since they had a decent feud not that long ago where they had to have a rubber match in the end. He could've gone over Wyatt with a little less domination IMO. Makes me hope Lesnar still whoops his ass again.
If he didn't dominate him, then why would people bother watching 'NIght of Champions'?
If Cena simply beat him, people would have reason to believe he's still nowhere near Lesnar's level.

I believe you are all coming a smark's perspective rather than the casual idiots who watch it just for the value.

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
If he didn't dominate him, then why would people bother watching 'NIght of Champions'?
If Cena simply beat him, people would have reason to believe he's still nowhere near Lesnar's level.

I believe you are all coming a smark's perspective rather than the casual idiots who watch it just for the value.
point is, he could've dominated someone else dude....you're missing the whole point....you really feel he had no choice but to dominate all the Wyatt's? please....

Red Rain

The Bully
Technician
Reaction score
point is, he could've dominated someone else dude....you're missing the whole point....you really feel he had no choice but to dominate all the Wyatt's? please....
My point was that Wyatt was high enough on the card to warrant the beating, Ragdolling Justin Gabriel wouldn't have had the same effect.
You're not changing your mind, so I'm done.

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
My point was that Wyatt was high enough on the card to warrant the beating, Ragdolling Justin Gabriel wouldn't have had the same effect.
You're not changing your mind, so I'm done.
I've already said have him beat up on Kane, then Rollins could've jumped in and Cena starts hurting him. Orton rushes out....Cena attacks him....shouldn't have been the Wyatt's bro.

Red Rain

The Bully
Technician
Reaction score
Kane is passed it
HHH is protecting Rollins, even more so than he probably has any business doing.
I doubt Orton is going out to the ring for the sake of Kane or Rollins at this point. Even if he did, i doubt HHH or Vince would agree to it.

WWE is largely political and will protect certain superstars over others. It may be hard to admit, but Wyatt isn't on Orton or Rollins level either.

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
Kane is passed it
HHH is protecting Rollins, even more so than he probably has any business doing.
I doubt Orton is going out to the ring for the sake of Kane or Rollins at this point. Even if he did, i doubt HHH or Vince would agree to it.

WWE is largely political and will protect certain superstars over others. It may be hard to admit, but Wyatt isn't on Orton or Rollins level either.
You said, "WWE is largely political and will protect certain superstars over others. It may be hard to admit, but Wyatt isn't on Orton or Rollins level either..."

If he's not on their level and their higher caliber stars, according to your logic, then that's all the more reason they should've used them over the Wyatt's....they need to be thinking about the future....the Wyatt's are huge with the crowd...and they usually get a "this is awesome" chant going whenever they're together. They shouldn't be slain to Cena just to make him look stronger.

Had Cena whooped Kane's ass....then Rollins jumped in to help and Cena beat his ass...then Orton is on the rampway and Triple yells at him to go in....and Cena attacks..i felt it would've been better.

We're arguing about the same thing over and over...pointless. agree to disagree.

Red Rain

The Bully
Technician
Reaction score
851293945324572e009653252645c248.jpg

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score

Who else could he have dominated to the same effect. Bare in mind (maybe this needs to bear instead IDK) this whole match to show Cena is better than ever in a kayfab sense, having him destroy someone who beat him recently shows he's grown to a level before he was when Brawwwk Lesnaaar destroyed him.

Reactions: Red Rain

Red Rain

The Bully
Technician
Reaction score
Finally somebody gets it.
Who else could he have dominated to the same effect. Bare in mind (maybe this needs to bear instead IDK) this whole match to show Cena is better than ever in a kayfab sense, having him destroy someone who beat him recently shows he's grown to a level before he was when Brawwwk Lesnaaar destroyed him.

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
I already mentioned who he could've destroyed. That being Kane or orton. Talent that's still considered dominate and big heels. Bray being a pawn to make cena look huge makes no sense. I get the premise, sure. But for future endeavors.... It'll make bray look weaker than what he already does. Think of the future leaders of the company. Not the getting old.

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
I already mentioned who he could've destroyed. That being Kane or orton. Talent that's still considered dominate and big heels. Bray being a pawn to make cena look huge makes no sense. I get the premise, sure. But for future endeavors.... It'll make bray look weaker than what he already does. Think of the future leaders of the company. Not the getting old.

Destroy Orton? The guy who's transitioning back to his aggressive stage? That makes 0 sense and destroying Kane does nothing for anyone nowadays.

You really think this is the push off the cliff for Bray?