Box Office

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Kassidy

Reaction score
Just watched Evil Dead, was pretty badass and watching JP in 3d tonight :). I like 3D but guess im in the minority here lol; some films use it very well while other are not that great or even useful. All depends on how they use it for me, and I have seen all the JPs on dvd/tv but I want to watch it in theaters seeing as I don't pay to watch movies.

I'm more looking forward to my private viewing of Oblivion next week
MarkTheFuckOut.gif

Edit: Just getting back from JP 3D and I liked it, the depth 3d worked very well and the best moment had to be the raptor jumping up to get the girl through the ceiling tiles.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
bo9_zps0dda3670.png

Strong start for Evil Dead, they must have got the old fans of the franchise excited for this new remake. GI Joe and The Croods had good holds and even though GI Joe is lagging behind the first in the US it has already passed the international total of the first movie and should end up $100 million higher on a $45 million smaller budget. Jurassic Park did well getting close to $20 million, one third of it's revenue was from IMAX screens, would be a great way to see it on that giant screen. The Call keeps bringing in money and may hold on just long enough to reach $50 million which would be a phenomenal result.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
42 is going to kick box office ass

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Baseball movies have never really done huge money in the US, will probably end up around Moneyball level at just under $20 million. Scary Movie 5 is out this weekend as well, why do they feel the need to extend that terrible series I do not know. That style of movie was popular in the early 00's but surely we have gone well past that type of movie.

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
They'll still have their die hard fans, as most film series do. I lost interest after the 3rd one. They just try too hard.

Kassidy

Reaction score
Hate parody movies as a whole genre; I'm just excited to see Oblivion :)

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
They really made a Scary Movie 5? That is my least favorite film series of all-time, all it did was insult classic movies that most people that watched the SMs have never seen. It's just a travesty.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Hate parody movies as a whole genre; I'm just excited to see Oblivion :)

I have seen a few trailers for Oblivion and I am not sure about it yet. Will have to read a bit more about it and hear from some others about how good it is before deciding to go see it or not.

They really made a Scary Movie 5? That is my least favorite film series of all-time, all it did was insult classic movies that most people that watched the SMs have never seen. It's just a travesty.

I thought that the series was done with as well after SM4 in 2006 but unfortunately not. Wonder why they decided to revive it after seven years.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
42 scored the best opening day ever for a baseball movie, while Scary Movie 5 showed some franchises are better left dead.The Jackie Robinson biopic debuted to an estimated $9.1 million from 3,003 locations on Friday. That's easily the best start ever for a baseball movie ahead of The Benchwarmers ($6.8 million) and Moneyball ($6.7 million). Assuming it has normal drops*and with an "A+" CinemaScore, there's no reason to expect otherwise*the movie is on pace for around $25 million for the three-day frame, which would make it the first baseball movie ever to open north of $20 million.In second place, Scary Movie 5 tanked with $5.5 million at 3,402 theaters. That sets a new low for the Scary Movie franchise behind Scary Movie 2 ($7.2 million), and is off 71 percent from Scary Movie 4's $19 million opening day at the same time in 2006. Finally, it's noticeably lower than January horror spoof A Haunted House ($6.8 million), which didn't have any brand recognition.

JUSTICE!

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Glad that SM5 failed big time, that should never have made it to a fifth installment. Impressive from 42 to be on track to smash the previous record by a baseball movie by 25%.

Anyone seen 42 yet?

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Damn Scary Movie 5 tanked pretty hard. Totally wouldn't of expected that considering it's a pretty popular franchise. Oh well. Movie is probably a piece of shit anyway & deserves it. 5% on rottentomatoes. :lmao Shouldn't of been made.

But anyway, probably gonna see Ironman 3 in a week or 2. Gonna kill it at the box office.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Will give Evil Dead a look, good news about SM5 those films are the death of cinema imo.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Oblivion ended up with $38.2M, good start for it. I haven't seen it yet, but I'm pretty happy that The Place Beyond the Pines is now up to $11.4M after 4 weeks and has been gaining more every week, looks like a damn good movie that I'll see at some point.