Box Office

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
The Host is basically the exact same thing as Twilight, so hardly a change in Stephanie Meyers writing. I read the synopsis for The Host. Think Twilight, but with an Alien or some shit.

Has anybody seen the new GI Joe movie?

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
[MENTION=486]SAIYANS[/MENTION] may have seen it by now.

And yeah, I thought The Host could have been interesting when I first saw it, then watched a trailer and saw who wrote it and said fuck that shit.

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
When I saw the book at the grocery store. I looked at the back. I think Meyer is just cashing in on teen love triangles as that was the main reason Twilight was so popular. Smart bitch.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Yeah I saw GI Joe in XD 3D. It was a fun 3D experience, and way better than the last shit they made for GI Joe. Fight scenes and everything were much better. Love snake eyes

I liked Temptation better though

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Good start for GI Joe, probably won't make as much as the first in the US but overseas it should easily eclipse it. Amazed at how well Tyler Perry does, he keeps releasing movie after movie and they keep making money. Happy that The Host failed as the trailer looked horrendous. The Call is now at just under $40 and is going to make WWE a nice profit, will be a change next time they release their financial results as they can say something positive about the Films division.

Opening next week are Evil Dead which is a remake of a 1981 horror film of the same name and Jurrasic Park is being re-released in 3D. One nice touch with Evil Dead is that there will be no CGI at all. Has anyone seen the original Evil Dead? It has a cult following and I only found out about it as I watch Burn Notice and Bruce Campbell stars in that. Is it worth tracking down?

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
I'm not a fan of bringing Jurassic Park to 3D, it's obvious that they just want to cash in on the 3D money tree. But honestly, it will kill what made Jurassic Park so bad ass.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
I'm not a fan of bringing Jurassic Park to 3D, it's obvious that they just want to cash in on the 3D money tree. But honestly, it will kill what made Jurassic Park so bad ass.

Am not convinced that it being in 3D makes much difference to the Box Office, people will go because there is a whole new generation who have not seen it on the big screen, where as I did twice!

I just assumed that the Host was a remake of the Korian film, guess not. Poster looks awful.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
It being converted to 3D is the only reason it is be re-released. It only costs around $30 million to convert it and they can get previous fans of the movie to go out and see a "new version" and then try to get a few new fans to come out and check it out. Plus with 3D they can charge huge prices as well so they don't need as many tickets sold to make a profit. I personally can't stand 3D so I won't be checking it out.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
For what its worth. Dbz first full length film Battle of Gods came out in Japan on 16 screens and made $7M in two days, making it the highest grossing non-American released film of the weekend.

Fox also distributed the Japanese Toei Animation pic, “Dragonball Z,” which grossed an estimated $7 million in two days locally.

Based on that measure, Oricon projects that Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods will exceed Toei's target of 3 billion yen (about US$32 million).

If it would have been released globally, its safe to say it would be somewhere between temptations and GI Joe.

Last edited:

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
It being converted to 3D is the only reason it is be re-released. It only costs around $30 million to convert it and they can get previous fans of the movie to go out and see a "new version" and then try to get a few new fans to come out and check it out. Plus with 3D they can charge huge prices as well so they don't need as many tickets sold to make a profit. I personally can't stand 3D so I won't be checking it out.

It's a fucking scam is what it is. It takes away from what made the movie so great. Jurassic Park still holds up compared to new films because it doesn't need any of those crazy graphics.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
I agree with you, I got the need for GI Joe to be 3D, but really to me JP only needed to be made IMAX

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
I don't see a problem with it being rereleased in 3D, not a fan of 3D myself but it exposes a younger generation to a great movie without doing another shitty sequel. If you're that against it, just don't see the movie.

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
Well why don't people have the DVD's for their kids. I just don't want to see another great series of films milking it for all it's worth before it gets stale.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
I still say that a rerelease in 3D is a way better way to milk a franchise than shitty sequels. Just don't see why it's that big of a deal.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Plus there is a big difference seeing it on the big screen in a theatre than watching it at home on DVD, also some younger fans of the movie may have seen it already on tv but haven't had the chance to watch it at the cinema. I agree that 3D is all about money because it adds nothing to the product and in my opinion it harms the product. It has already started dropping off and I hope that it fails miserably and disappears completely in a few years.