Box Office

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
Not all that surprising honestly. It's been well noted that they messed around with the story. A lot of fans aren't very fond of the idea. So I wouldn't be surprised if the Twihards didn't go just out spite for that.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
boxoffice5.png

Note that these numbers are over the five day weekend rather than a normal three day weekend.

Big drop for Twilight as expected, worldwide they will break records but it seems like in the US they will struggle to become the top grossing movie of the series. Skyfall continues to chug along bringing in a ton of money, it will end up grossing $100 million more just in the US than the previous highest grossing Bond. That is exceptional growth. Lincoln surprised me, it expanded this week and did great numbers in not that many theatres compared to the other wide releases.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I haven't seen it, it doesn't get released in Australia until February next year. It is getting great reviews so far and Daniel Day Lewis is meant to be exceptional in the role. Wouldn't surprise me if this is one of the big players at the Oscars next year.

zigglerHEEL

Reaction score
Man, looking at that list I think i need to get to the movies a little more often... 4 best picture contenders in Lincoln, Argo, Flight, and Silver Linings Playbook. Anybody seen any of these, recommend one over the others? For anyone with kids my 3 year old saw Wreck it Ralph with my mom on Friday and hasn't stopped talking about it since (or am I the only one with kids?)

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Man, looking at that list I think i need to get to the movies a little more often... 4 best picture contenders in Lincoln, Argo, Flight, and Silver Linings Playbook. Anybody seen any of these, recommend one over the others? For anyone with kids my 3 year old saw Wreck it Ralph with my mom on Friday and hasn't stopped talking about it since (or am I the only one with kids?)

No not seen any of those but Flight and Lincoln are not out in the UK yet. Argo along with Silver Linings Playbook is proving one of the suprise hits of the year. SLP entered the UK chants yes week at three good for a indie feature. Seems Lawerance remains a big draw.

zigglerHEEL

Reaction score
No not seen any of those but Flight and Lincoln are not out in the UK yet. Argo along with Silver Linings Playbook is proving one of the suprise hits of the year. SLP entered the UK chants yes week at three good for a indie feature. Seems Lawerance remains a big draw.

and Bradley Cooper will bring in a female audience like no other (Not to mention DeNiro)... i think Silver Linings is the one I will go see first, takes place in Philly, good cast and seemingly great story

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
and Bradley Cooper will bring in a female audience like no other (Not to mention DeNiro)... i think Silver Linings is the one I will go see first, takes place in Philly, good cast and seemingly great story

Yeah Cooper is starting to do more deverse roles now, also I heard that this was De Niro's best turn in ages, his career pretty much went down hill since about 2000.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
The Hobbit opens this week with $84.8M.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Breaks the December record by around $7 million and it is a solid start. Should easily break $350 million with that kind of start so it will be another massive money spinner for Jackson. Has anyone seen the movie at one of the special showings with the high frame rate that has been so controversial?

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Breaks the December record by around $7 million and it is a solid start. Should easily break $350 million with that kind of start so it will be another massive money spinner for Jackson. Has anyone seen the movie at one of the special showings with the high frame rate that has been so controversial?

I saw it last Friday, but it wasn't a special showing. Haven't heard anything about a frame rate controversy either.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I have been reading reports here about it, it features double the frames per second and is meant to produce a higher quality image. Quite a few of the reviews though have said that it makes the movie look really cheap.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
boxoffice6.png

Big drop for The Hobbit but it is still pulling in good money and will earn massive profits especially as the overseas numbers are strong. Jack Reacher had an okay start, nothing spectacular but if it can do alright internationally they should make a profit. Skyfall continuing it's march to $300 million, it won't make it but it might be able to get close to $295 million which is phenomenal for a Bond film. Wreck-It Ralph pulling in $170+ million is really impressive as well.

Christmas day numbers are in for the US as well and Les Miserables did around $18 million and Django Unchained did around $15 million. Both movies had starts way above predictions and they are both set for large runs, $200 million can't be ruled out.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
boxoffice7.png

Didn't expect Texas Chainshaw to take first place, can see it dropping quite fast in the coming weeks though. That genre is normally pretty frontloaded. Django and Les Mis continue to do well and are running on a pretty even pace. Good seeing two non-mainstream style films succeeding, Lincoln is another that can be added to that list. Never expected it to do that well.