Bound For Glory Series Standings/Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Not only does he have to be in the top two of the series, but he then also has to wrestle whoever was the other top guy to get the shot. He's a solid 15 matches away from a title shot.
Actually, he'd have to be in the top four and then win two matches at No Surrender to get the title shot, if they're going the same route they did last year.

ViperRKO said:
Well it's kind of obvious that Storm will win so...
So.....what?

The Viper

Reaction score
TBH, Storm ain't winning shit. I see Robbie E winning this. Going to BFG to lose in 2 minutes to Roode then he can be on his way to have a full year long title reign.

God YES!!

Bad News Booty

It’s Ghetto Blaster Time, Fool
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
bigbossman
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Yeah because somebody who leaves for three months deserves to be in the title picture

really wasn't his call....creative had nothing for him...Pope & Joe are the perfect guys to push with this tournament...

Sabretooth

Reaction score
really wasn't his call....creative had nothing for him...Pope & Joe are the perfect guys to push with this tournament...

How am I blaming it on him. It's not his fault, I know creative had something for him. But it still doesn't make sense

Postman Dave

Reaction score
Robbie E gets the same sorta nod that Gunner got last year by even being considered for the tournament.

BTW, I think it speaks volumes about TNA's roster depth that they can put 12 guys in a tournament and people can still dispute another 4/5 possible entrants.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
Following Thursday's Impact episode, TNA announced five Bound for Glory Series matches for this weekend's house show tour. The following BFG Series matches are scheduled.

- Friday in Buffalo, N.Y.: James Storm vs. Robbie E. and Samoa Joe vs. Mr. Anderson

- Saturday in Oshawa, Ont., Canada: Kurt Angle vs. Daniels and Samoa Joe vs. Robbie E.

- Sunday in Hamilton, Ont., Canada: James Storm vs. Mr. Anderson.

Time for our first house show series matches. I guess it's time for James Storm to pick up more points

Sabretooth

Reaction score
At Friday night's TNA Basebrawl house show in Buffalo, N.Y., James Storm and Samoa Joe picked up seven points each for victories in Bound for Glory Series matches. Storm now has 34 points after defeating Robbie E. and Joe earned his first seven points after defeating Mr. Anderson.
pwtorch.com.

What the hell Storm can't possibly lose hes so far ahead

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
What the hell Storm can't possibly lose hes so far ahead
If you take out the Gauntlet match win, Storm is only up by 4 points on Angle. If they have another, similar type match and someone else gets 20, they'll be right up there with Storm. Dude, you need to stop freaking out about this and just relax. The BFG series has TWO MONTHS left in it, with matches potentially occurring every week. There's lots of time for the points to adjust, so for now can we all please drop the "OMGZ JAMEZ STORM IS SO WINNINGZ THIS BECUZ HEZZ NEVVERRZ LOZZZING~!" posts?

Thanks, and the OP is updated with the current standings after last night's matches.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
Storm has to lose 10 points in a DQ loss to not be so ahead

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Storm has to lose 10 points in a DQ loss to not be so ahead

Well that's entirely possible as well, though I'm not sure that's the route they'll go with it.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
You have to change Daniels to 4T not 2T

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
You have to change Daniels to 4T not 2T

I did...and that's weird, because I copied and pasted that from another site I'm on and it was already listed properly there. Creepy.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Tonight in Oshawa, ONT, Samoa Joe picked up 10 points and Daniels picked up 5 points in the Bound For Glory Series. Joe earned his points via submission victory over Robbie E, while Daniels scored a count-out victory over Kurt Angle.

Credit: pwtorch.com
Updated the OP, nice to see Joe continuing to rack up early points.

Postman Dave

Reaction score
sadly though it looks like Robbie E is gonna be the jobber of the tournament :(

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
sadly though it looks like Robbie E is gonna be the jobber of the tournament :(

To be fair, I think that's the best role for him right now. He's not believably going to be pushed to the top of anything, so why not be happy with the time he's getting? It's kind of the same thing Heath Slater is doing in WWE right now. He may be losing a lot, but exposure still counts and lately I've found him way more entertaining than I used to.