Booking Wrestlemania 29

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

The Wrestling Addict

Reaction score
I know Wrestlemania is still a ways away but I figured, hey, may as well give it some thought. Sure my opinion on this will probably change multiple times before Wrestlemania actually comes around but I was wanting to jot down the matches I want to see, and see what matches you guys would like to see. Now, you don't have to make the card based on predictions or what you think will happen, but more as if what you would like to see. Just be realistic with it. Here's mine.

Opening Contest

Sin Cara vs. Rey Mysterio. I would love to see these two luchadors go at it at Wrestlemania and a great opening bout because it would help the fans get excited with all the high flying action. I'd have both men be faces and Cara go over Mysterio, so Mysterio can sort of pass the torch, so to speak.

Battle Royal

Just to get the mid card guys, who were left off the card, in on some action. The winner gets to pick if they want a shot at the IC or US Title. Cody Rhodes gets the win.

Damien Sandow vs. Christian for the IC Title

Sandow wins.

The Usos vs. Curt Hawkins and Tyler Reks vs. The Primetime Players for the Tag Titles

Would love to see the tag team division get on the card. Usos win this one.

Daniel Bryan vs. Chris Jericho

There match on NXT Episode One was great, and they were only given a short amount of time. Give them enough time and they could steal the show. Bryan as the heel goes over.

Kharma vs. Beth Phoenix for the Divas Title

The Hogan/Andre Match for the divas division.

John Cena vs. Dolph Ziggler

Didn't really know what to do with these two and figured they could have a decent match. Ziggler picks up the win.

Triple H vs. Alberto Del Rio

Del Rio would need something to do and I figured he could work alright with the Game. It could be some long feud about how Del Rio was supposed to be great but WWE has given him nothing. ADR wins.

Sheamus vs. Randy Orton for the World Heavyweight Championship

They have had some decent matches in the past and with both men being really over as faces, the crowd would be split and it would be interesting. Orton wins to end Sheamus' year long title reign.

Brock Lesnar vs. The Undertaker

Why not? They had that teaser at the UFC event and it hyped a match for them pretty well. With Lesnar being the monsterous heel that he is, he could give Taker a run for his money. However, as always, Undertaker wins this one.

CM Punk vs. The Rock

They have chemistry together, and Punk gets some good heat when going against the Rock. Basically, Cena wins WWE Title, loses to Rock at the Royal Rumble, Punk wins the Rumble. Pun wins back the belt to end Wrestlemania 29.

Last edited:

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Don't like how most of your card is "I"m a throw this match together just because" since it's mania esp with a guy like John Cena not to mentioned you booked Dolph twice. I'll put one together later maybe.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Brock/Taker I go along with althrough I would have Punk/Rock at rumble maybe. Quite like the sound of Del Rio VS. HHH the most out of that lot. Don't want to see another Sheamus/Orton match ever!

Darth Shizzel

Reaction score
Punk vs Rock and Brock vs Taker sells that PPV already, If they can get Hogan in all honesty Cena well maybe he could be the special guest ref for the Punk vs Rock match it would be perfect to turn him heel if he screwed the Rock out of the title.

Dod Draper

Reaction score
To me, Cena vs. Undertaker is the perfect match for Wrestlemania. I'll be amazed if Taker retires without facing him at Mania. What time better to do it than at 29?

The Hoov

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
mickfoley
Favorite Wrestler
therock3
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
goldust
The Hoov's WrestleMania 29 Card Prediction

WWE United States Championship
Antonio Cesaro(c) vs. Zack Ryder

WWE Tag Team Championship
Tyler Reks and Curt Hawkins vs. Primetime Players(c) vs. Justin Gabriel and Tyson Kidd vs. The Usos

WWE Diva's Championship
Eve Torres(c) vs Kaitlin

Some sort of multi-man gimmick match involving some upper mid-carders including:
Kofi Kingston
R-Truth
Damien Sandow
Brodus Clay
The Miz
Sheamus(He's a main eventer I know but there's nothing else on the card for him)
Randy Orton(Same here)
And others

Daniel Bryan vs. John Cena

World Heavyweight Championship
Dolph Ziggler(c) vs. Chris Jericho

WWE Championship
The Rock(c) vs. CM Punk

Brock Lesnar vs. The Undertaker

Last edited:

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
To me, Cena vs. Undertaker is the perfect match for Wrestlemania. I'll be amazed if Taker retires without facing him at Mania. What time better to do it than at 29?

But will WWE allow Cena to lose to Taker because you know that can be the only outcome?

Don't mind the idea of Hogan returning to ref a big match as long as he doesn't wrestle himself. Then again how long does he have on his TNA deal? If I was then I would tell WWE where to go lol.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Personally, them bringing in Brock this year should have been to build him as a legit animal beating Cena, HHH plus one more big name before squaring off against Taker at WrestleMania where it looks like the streak will be broken, only for Taker to win and to rid the WWE of Brock once again.

AF.

Reaction score
WM 29

Taker/Cena
Lesnar (C)/Rock - WWE Title
Punk/HHH - I still think there is great potential for a feud between these two. Doesn't need the Title involved either, but you could have either this or Rock/Lesnar with or without the title.
Rey Mysterio/Dolph Ziggler/Alberto Del Rio (C) - WH Title
Randy Orton/Daniel Bryan
Chris Jericho/Christian - IC Title
Damien Sandow/Kane
Big Show/Sheamus - Street Fight
Battle Royal for US Title (Miz, Rhodes, Bourne, Cara etc.)

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Personally, them bringing in Brock this year should have been to build him as a legit animal beating Cena, HHH plus one more big name before squaring off against Taker at WrestleMania where it looks like the streak will be broken, only for Taker to win and to rid the WWE of Brock once again.

No I don't think the streak should ever be broken if it has not happened yet I don't see who can and who should end it. Michaels and HHH are bigger draws than Lesnar and they didn't end it.

EffectsofRaven

Reaction score
Michaels a big draw is nonsense...

But Lesnar is certainly what you'd consider a high drawing opponent to face Undertaker... People can draw against Taker, It's a matter of booking the opponent right and Lesnar will flop if he loses to Triple H.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Triple H buried Punk last year and now he's coming back to do it to Lesnar because it's still all about him.

EffectsofRaven

Reaction score
Punk could be booked every week and every PPV. Lesnar isn't, so it's harder to work it, if that makes sense.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Triple H buried Punk last year and now he's coming back to do it to Lesnar because it's still all about him.

I agree with that am a little fed up with Triple H and all his come backs now.

So do you think the streak should ever be ended EOR? I am against someone like Lesnar ending it because he doesn't need the victory and would not be around much longer for it to matter anyway. He should beat HHH however.

EffectsofRaven

Reaction score
Do I think the Streak should end? It be awesome and probably one of THE most insane and crazy moments in WWE history, it'd be a bank roll in terms possibly the most watched segment ever in the history of wrestling (I might sound over the top but it's true).

But ending the streak, half tarnishes Undertaker & Wrestlemania as a whole, in recent years, undoubtly the streak has been a major drawing factor at Wrestlemania, probably since Orton/Taker. The Streak has been high selling point, so ending the streak costs WWE money if they want to continue bank rolling it in but at the same time, it might create them a lot of cash for the victor.

But I certainly wouldn't end it with HBK or Hunter, or anyone for that matter with that much notority; the old clique that a youngster should get to end it stands true to me, just as long they get an almighty water tight contract which prevents them from fucking off.

Streak shouldn't end, too much money and Undertaker possibly rides on it.