Bill and Doug Turn on TNA

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Reaction score
THEY JUST SAID IN THIS VIDEO THEY HAVE BETTER ATHLETES!!!! ARE YOU DEAF!??

And what comes FIRST in professional wrestling is drawing money. You know how you draw money? You connect with as many people as possible. Now which is gonna connect to more people? Someone going to his kids school and fucking with him (which is a scary concept IMO) or an Ultimate X match? Do you think Austin/McMahon will go down in history as one of the most compelling feuds of all time becuase of the "spots" they did in the ring? Vince falling off the cage, Austin cracking Vince with a chair? Shit no. Its gonna down as one of the greatest of all time because of the poisitions Vince put Austin in and vice versa. Making him ref the match to give someone else his WWE title. A First Blood Match with Kane. The Foley program where it was all about trying to screw Austin like he did Bret. How about when Austin made Vince piss himself out of fear? Or Austin crashed the ring with various things, zamboni and a beer truck? Which is gonna be remembered?

That's longevity, by how much the majority of the fans remember you and what you did. The old TNA style that they used to have is like watching fireworks. It's pretty but it was fucking meaningless. Now they are TRYING (not too successfully) to add meaning and these fucks don't like it because they arent getting their 15 phase high spots that are COMPLETELY MEANINGLESS!!!

Again, I agree with you to a degree. TNA isn't WWE, and never will be WWE, and it's quite likely that no North American promotion will ever be WWE. So, you have to mix it up. WWE goes for a 95% entertainment base for their shows. TNA should go around 50/50 to be different than WWE. And yes, that means having exciting matches, but also ones with good pshycology as well. The actual wrestling has to co exist with the entertainment, to be original, and to be an alternative to WWE. As much as some people say the actual wrestling isn't so important, well it is. EVERY feud will eventually come down to a match or a series of matches, if the match sucks, then why the hell would anyone remember the feud. Granted, there are many ways to make a match exciting and not every way involves good wrestling skills, which is fine. But the actual match holds just as much merit as anything else in the industry.

PeepShow

And what comes FIRST in professional wrestling is drawing money. You know how you draw money? You connect with as many people as possible. Now which is gonna connect to more people? Someone going to his kids school and fucking with him (which is a scary concept IMO) or an Ultimate X match? Do you think Austin/McMahon will go down in history as one of the most compelling feuds of all time becuase of the "spots" they did in the ring? Vince falling off the cage, Austin cracking Vince with a chair? Shit no. Its gonna down as one of the greatest of all time because of the poisitions Vince put Austin in and vice versa. Making him ref the match to give someone else his WWE title. A First Blood Match with Kane. The Foley program where it was all about trying to screw Austin like he did Bret. How about when Austin made Vince piss himself out of fear? Or Austin crashed the ring with various things, zamboni and a beer truck? Which is gonna be remembered?

Well, as a fan, who the fuck cares about money. We dont work for them, we just want to see a good product, and that is something that TNA has right now, regardless if the WWE didnt use them right and TNA is doing better.

As for all the other stuff in that paragraph, well, yeah, that happened about 5-10 years ago. Sorry you cant rellish those memories with what you have now. BTW, why did you even bring that up? Is there even a point to all of that?

Kaedon

Reaction score
The point was, PeepShow, that they and YOU obviously dont know shit about wrestling. Here is the thing. For as smart as you THINK you are, you don't know everything. You THINK you know what makes a "better" match. You THINK you know what makes a "better" show through booking, writing, matches, promos, whatever. I hear you say it all the time. The thing is you, and these morons Bill and Doug WILLFULLY CHOOSE TO IGNORE THE MONEY PART!! "We think we could make TNA better" yeah for you you fucking jackass. Guess what, TNA ISNT MADE FOR BILL AND DOUG, TNA IS MADE TO APPEAL TO AS MANY PEOPLE AS POSSIBLE. Why people cant get this through their thick fucking skulls, I will never understand. You have all of this knowledge, and yea, they and a lot of other smarks know SOMETHING, but they dont know EVERYTHING and they dont look at ALL SIDES of a wrestling promotion. And it makes me sick to my fucking stomach when blueberries like Bill and Doug get a following for spouting this horseshit all over the internet.

PeepShow

The point was, PeepShow, that they and YOU obviously dont know shit about wrestling. Here is the thing. For as smart as you THINK you are, you don't know everything. You THINK you know what makes a "better" match. You THINK you know what makes a "better" show through booking, writing, matches, promos, whatever. I hear you say it all the time. The thing is you, and these morons Bill and Doug WILLFULLY CHOOSE TO IGNORE THE MONEY PART!! "We think we could make TNA better" yeah for you you fucking jackass. Guess what, TNA ISNT MADE FOR BILL AND DOUG, TNA IS MADE TO APPEAL TO AS MANY PEOPLE AS POSSIBLE. Why people cant get this through their thick fucking skulls, I will never understand. You have all of this knowledge, and yea, they and a lot of other smarks know SOMETHING, but they dont know EVERYTHING and they dont look at ALL SIDES of a wrestling promotion. And it makes me sick to my fucking stomach when blueberries like Bill and Doug get a following for spouting this horseshit all over the internet.

Did I once ever say that I know everyhing about the wrestling business? No. And neither do you, nor anyone accept the people who are behind the scenes day in a day out. Do I know what makes a "better match"? Well, I think we all have a different opinon on that. There is no definate answer to that as everyone has likes to different types of matches. You may like the Pudding match or the Cena/Orton 5 min spectacular at the last PPV, and I may like the Womens gauntlet, but it doesnt really matter. Its all an opinion. So like I said, thats pretty much a moot point

Kaedon

Reaction score
Did I once ever say that I know everyhing about the wrestling business? No. And neither do you, nor anyone accept the people who are behind the scenes day in a day out. Do I know what makes a "better match"? Well, I think we all have a different opinon on that. There is no definate answer to that as everyone has likes to different types of matches. You may like the Pudding match or the Cena/Orton 5 min spectacular at the last PPV, and I may like the Womens gauntlet, but it doesnt really matter. Its all an opinion. So like I said, thats pretty much a moot point

Not even the people behind the scenes know EVERYTHING, but they sure as hell have a WAY MORE INFORMED opinion than you, I, or those idiots Bill and Doug.

As far as a "better match" goes, I for sure know what I think makes a better match for me, and as I get older and watch more pro wrestling, learn what people do and dont like, along with listening to what people from INSIDE THE BUSINESS say, I am, I think, slowly learning about what it takes to have a "better match" for a mass amount of people. Do I know it all? No. Will I never know it all? No. Id like to, but it's not realistically possible.

The reason I call people like you a smark is because while you fall back on the bullshit excuse of "it's all opinion" you think your opinion is better than mine. "Oh these idiots liking a pudding match." And you're right, it may be shit because it's tits in pudding, but I guarantee you the women's gauntlet match wont be any better because TNA has proven TIME AND TIME AGAIN, that they don't know shit about booking and their so called "talent" has proven TIME AND TIME AGAIN THEY DONT KNOW HOW TO WORK A FUCKING MATCH. You're right, that is "an opinion" but how are TNA's buy rates? How are their ratings? They are shit and they always will be shit until they and their workers learn to do better.

AMPLine4Life

Reaction score
Didn't i say this would happen?? The reason why TNA put on a crap 2 hour show was because it was 1 week before Bound for GLory, or 10 days. The would either have a good show and hurt the ppv, or a bad show and hopefully better BFG buyrates.

Yes, Bill and Doug clearly did turn on TNA, basically bashing everything tna does, and what most of us have been saying for the past year or two about tna. Peep, you can't argue against this. Me personally thought this was of their best videos, not bc it bashed TNA, but because they actually spoke from the heart. You could tell they were sending a message totna, a loud one, when they said "get your head outta your asses" To me, that spoke volumes.

Remember when i said Tna doesn't need 2 hours, it needs to go live? I would assume Bill n Doug have to agree with me there, but they want unpredictably.

Coouldn't agree more. Here is a post I posted before in the TNA discussion.

Hey man Bill & Doug know what they are talking about noob. The yhave been true fans sicne the first show and since doing the videos for a year this is the only time they have said anythign bad. nad it's true.

1. I neevr thought they singhed to many wwe guys or un-pushed the origanls. But c'mon. the only reason they like Junior Fatu is because he has cool music and can get a mini pop. I mean the only major reason they like him is the terrible stinkface. When I watch wrestling I don't watch to see a grown man but his but in another wresler's face. And he does it every week. It got boring in WWE in 2 weeks. I have been a tru TNA fan for ever. But the shows still seemed rushed. My third favorite wrestler Pete yWIlliams did nothing. And I thought all thes eguys were going to get mick time. Hello, it's still hte same old matches and no mic time for MCMG,Petey and so many others. I'm sick of Team3-D and the steiner noone cares about them. I have no idea why they like Black Reign other then he was big in WWE. The Kurt Sting thing was good but done wit hthe father thing 1,000 times before. What really upsets me in TNA is there tag division. Senshi has been a main eventer his whole life in Japan ROH etc. They put him in TNA with Triple X. They were fine at first but then they lost a match and could never team again. And look at that they are back. They should of put Daniels in hte main veent, Senshi, give him a good gimmick, a warrior gimmick and slowly push him up. And Primetime is the second most over underated wrestler in TNA. Watch some old videoa of him in the begining of TNA, wow. Have him compete in the X-Divison as a Babyface. No team, just singles. Would work great. The only reason TNA did all these tag teams was because they wanted a big tag team divison. Hellow they shoudl of done it slower and worked hard on it. LAX should be pushed better, MSMG are genius. :notworthy:. But htye don't give them any mic time other than on TNA Today :disgust1:. VKM are great heels thank god, but give them soem mic time. And they wasted alot of the show having Team 3-D throw a football at Pacman Jones. Who looks bored to death everytime he walksout to TNA :shocked: . Also stop singhing people like Fatu, and regin. [only 2 wwe guys I don't like honest. Atleast they are or were doing stuff with Dr.Nash. Even thought I'm getting sick on the Steieners and Team 3-D]. Singh mroe indy guys. That's what they did in th ebegining. How do you think they got "no namers" likes Truth,Daniels,Aj,Abyss etc. Somoa, Look how they turned out. WHat have WWE guys like Steieners,Team 3-D Fatu Black Regin done [not counting Angle he is great]. My point is stop singhing these WWE guys. They have finally gotten the 2 hour slot and they are shitting on it. It's only the first week but c'mon. They wated 5 1/2 years for this. Thes enext 6 months will make or break TNA. Why I am upset is becaus ethe shows are still rushed and nothing has chancge. NOTHING. I mean the Young,Roode onw went on forever and now were is it, DONE! THey did all these storylines and in the end don't mean anything. What in the world happen to Rhino and Hoyt. A good rival which is now gone. And is Sting facign Jusias or Kurt!?! I mean stop doing things with Judias. I' just upset because I always loved TNA, they now finally have the timeslot, 2 hours every week. I said, man TNA is great and when they go 2 hours no mroe rushed shows. Well it's the same thing. No promos, no pushing "smaller guys, still WWE guys, matches havn't changed. And it's still rushed. I'm a big TNA fan and I hope they turn it around. Also no, I am not Doug or Bill. Sorry for bad tiping but I'm doing spell check on all this tiping tbh.

THose are my comments. Bill & Doug said th etruth. I am still a HUGE TNA fan but the yreally let us down. I have watched Bill & Doug sinc ethe begining and am still a big fan. I loved all of there shows, and agree TNA is great. But this week, I couldn't of said it better.

gashface

Reaction score
They've returned to their TNA is the best wrestling promotion ever record now, saying that they're bound for greatness and there hasn't been one bad PPV this year. They're a bit like a broken record, last week they just happened to slip on a classic or something.

PeepShow

I just love it that people watch them, but hate them and just bash them every time. News flash! If you dont like them and hate their views, why waist 10 min of your life doing that and fucking with TNA if you hate it? I mean seriously.

Reaction score
I hate to bother you all.
But who in the blue hell are Bill and Doug?
And why the fuck should I care?

The Godfather

Reaction score
Actually in their most recent video they apologize for this one and praise TNA saying stating their apologies to TNA for buying into all the internet bullshit.
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/LK_fFiKrQMo"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/LK_fFiKrQMo" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Here's the Link: http://youtube.com/watch?v=LK_fFiKrQMo

Reaction score
They sound like a broken record after watching some of their stuff. They do have valid points with alot of the subjects though. My personal fav was their wrestlemania rant compared to lockdown. O well I find it refreshing to find someone speak out in TNA's defense on youtube.

circle

Reaction score
Bill and Doug are okay...I mean sometimes they get way too personal on their vids. I haven't been impressed with them lately. When they started talking about TNA from the spoilers and started to talk negative about them...I was kinda of like oh o.k. they'll probably retract or something like that, which they did in their most recent videos.

I don't listen to moralvirus. I don't think he is really good for me to listen to.

pspower is okay, but he talks a lot about the past, and the attitude era. However his subcriber of the day is funny.

Truthslayer I think is one of the better ones out there. However a lot of his vids are "uh" "so" like every 5 seconds. I know he goes off the cuff, but to his credit he contributes a lot.

I don't care about the fans or "sheep" comments b/c to me these businesses don't care if you are a die hard fan, but what they want is the most fans. Obviously this why WWE has been popular for so long b/c they have the most fans.

Hopefully TNA will grow and get more fans, but with all this steroids stuff that is out there...its going to be a while before we see TNA grow.

Final thoughts on BaD - their earlier stuff is good. The stuff they have now is just o.k.

Reaction score
^Truthslayer is the best wrestling anylyst (I refuse to call someone not involved with the business a "shooter") on youtube bar none. He's literally one of the only ones who present a bias free view, but still giving their own personal opinions. 99% of the others either A) Haven't been exposed to enough wrestling yet, or B) Think they're "big time" smarks because they hate John Cena.

Kaedon

Reaction score
I hate to break this to you but NO ONE is unbiased. Everyone has a bias from what they choose to report to how they choose to report it. No one is "fair and balanced".