Big Show Not Happy With Creative

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

CM Punk

AJ Styles
Champion
Reaction score
Vince should step down and let HHH TakeOver. :hhh2: That would be best for business.

Just look how great NXT is, I'm sure he would do the same with the main roster.
yikes. doubt it.
NXT has it's own problems and until they figure out how to like fix that, I don't think HHH should be in charge. Like for me one of the main issues about nXt is that isn't really worth watching. You can just watch a TakeOver and go on bout your day.

Death Walker

Better Known As King Of Armageddon | Trapped In Darkness
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
therock2
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar2
Favorite Wrestler
batista
yikes. doubt it.
NXT has it's own problems and until they figure out how to like fix that, I don't think HHH should be in charge. Like for me one of the main issues about nXt is that isn't really worth watching. You can just watch a TakeOver and go on bout your day.
I couldn't say it better myself

200.gif

Gman003

The Lunatic Fringe
Hotshot
Reaction score
Well that's about the same as raw or smackdown. You could probably just watch the ppv and go on about your day. Except you can almost always guess who is going to win those matches ahead of time lol

Reactions: Death Walker

Death Walker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
therock2
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar2
Favorite Wrestler
batista
Well that's about the same as raw or smackdown. You could probably just watch the ppv and go on about your day. Except you can almost always guess who is going to win those matches ahead of time lol
For the most part, yeah and we all know this as the truth. It's just terrible at this point.

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
Typically, PPV or Supercards ARE the problem when it comes to why the weekly shows aren't that great. The promotions become reliant on those cards and often this leads to less happening on the weekly shows because they don't want to give away the better matches or story advances on regular TV.

This was EXACTLY why WCW overtook WWF in the 1990s. They made the weekly show, Nitro, something more than just an advertisement for a PPV. In fact, Nitro was more of the main show than the PPVs were. However, doing this also led to the product becoming stale because they couldn't keep up the pace of making each weekly show interesting without being repetitive.

That's what I like about the indie promotions I watch. Their weekly show is all they have for the most part, so they're able to stay more consistent. Or NJPW, which doesn't have a weekly show.

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
Lol I agree with everything said, but I recall a time where everyone was saying Raw had far too much story, and not enough wrestling. In fact, this was one of the reasons many more “hardcore” wrestling fans watched smackdown, because raw didn’t have a lot of wrestling and too much bs soap opera....now it seems the pendulum has shifted and now everyone is still bitching saying they want story....

In any case, I feel that WWE needs that sweet spot. The happy medium. And I think that’s what everyone is saying. It all feels too rushed, every match is too long with no purpose, etc., which I agree 100%.

Raw needs to cut the 3rd hour, feuds need good solid wrestling that are all story driven, and WWE needs to stop only worrying about it’s quarters and look at the whole picture. A good, worthwhile feud/story is what makes wrestling great.... Not just only caring about 4 PPV’s out of the year and randomly throwing some big names on the card in hopes to get some more temp network sales.

Death Walker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
therock2
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar2
Favorite Wrestler
batista
WWE needs to stop only worrying about it’s quarters
Not a complaint or anything but I think the word you meant was quotas. And yes everything you said is right especially about finding that "happy medium", this business can't be 70% wrestling and 30% story or 85% story and 15% wrestling or vice versa. Maybe at times 60/40 or 55/45 as long as they switch up which side gets a little more/little less. This has also resulted in bad booking on a constant basis.

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
If Edge meant quarters, then WWE can't really stop worrying about them. Since they are a public company, they are under certain scrutiny by stockholders that private companies are not generally under. For Vince to continue to be as wealthy as he is, he needs the stock prices to remain up.

Death Walker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
therock2
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar2
Favorite Wrestler
batista
If Edge meant quarters, then WWE can't really stop worrying about them. Since they are a public company, they are under certain scrutiny by stockholders that private companies are not generally under. For Vince to continue to be as wealthy as he is, he needs the stock prices to remain up.
I get that lol it just the fact that grammatically it seems to be the word "quotas" was more of that intent there. I could be wrong and if so then my bad, ya'll.

Reactions: edge4ever

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
Honestly, I think going public was one of the worst things WWE ever did. Although Vince retains majority voting and therefore complete control over the company, he still plays up to the stockholders first and foremost because if the stock price lowers, he loses his "billionaire" status. Sigh.

Reactions: edge4ever

CM Punk

AJ Styles
Champion
Reaction score
Hmmm, personally I don't think that's true. When you look at numbers on go home shows and post PPVs, the ratings do good. No one really checks out nXt shows after a takeover or even the go home shows.

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
Hmmm, personally I don't think that's true. When you look at numbers on go home shows and post PPVs, the ratings do good. No one really checks out nXt shows after a takeover or even the go home shows.

I don't think there is any way to even know that. The people who are loyal to NXT are loyal to NXT and watch the shows the same way. I think to assume that people don't watch the shows other than the Takeovers is a bad assumption without having any sort of data from WWE confirming that.

CM Punk

AJ Styles
Champion
Reaction score
but to get a more accurate representation of that, we'll probably have to wait a bit after nXt starts airing on USA.

Gman003

The Lunatic Fringe
Hotshot
Reaction score
I wasn't saying people do or don't watch those shows. I was just saying that you don't have to watch much of the weekly shows to get what's going on. They do a 5 minute video package before every match on ppv usually anyways so you get the gist of things without watching

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
I meant in the sense that they shouldn’t only worry about 4 PPV’s (rumble, mania, summerslam, and survivor series) and instead worry all year long. Build good stories, take their time planning feuds, and keep worthwhile effort on upcoming stars. It seems like they only throw all their effort into these 4 PPV’s. Sure, we get occasional bone here and there, but otherwise it’s hit or miss if it’ll be good.

I don’t expect perfection every single time, rather some investment would be nice. Instead, Vince relies heavily on legends and some current big names and throws their names all over these cards and that’s it, whether there’s a good story sometimes or not.