Big Show n' Rey

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

HIGH FLYER

The Artiste
Reaction score
So.. what do you guys make of this unlikely new alliance between The Big Show and Rey Mysterio?? Do you think it's going anywhere or is it just more filler material?

Lockard 23

The WWF/E Guru
Reaction score
Just filler because they likely don't know what to do with either guy in singles competition at the moment so why not throw them together and add another good tag team to an already strong division. I do like the big man/little man dynamic, although it's a pretty funny pairing considering this once happened:

(It was Backlash 2003 btw, not 2002. WWE got their own facts wrong.)

ENFORCER1

Jobber
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure they've tagged a few times before? I might be wrong though.

They look good but I think it's just filler with WWE not having a clue what to do with either of them in single comps atm. The more tag teams the merrier I say, the tag division is getting pretty sweet!

HIGH FLYER

The Artiste
Reaction score
Just filler because they likely don't know what to do with either guy in singles competition at the moment so why not throw them together and add another good tag team to an already strong division. I do like the big man/little man dynamic, although it's a pretty funny pairing considering this once happened:

BRUTAL!! I like !!

HIGH FLYER

The Artiste
Reaction score
So Big Show's feud with the authority just came n went, huh? did it even come to a conclusion, or are we pretending it never even happened like Krispen Wah??

ENFORCER1

Jobber
Reaction score
So Big Show's feud with the authority just came n went, huh? did it even come to a conclusion, or are we pretending it never even happened like Krispen Wah??
Well his Survivor Series match was absolutely awful to be fair. I've never seen fans crap all over a main event for a big PPV like that before, so I'd say sweep that shit under the rug and move on... Should of been Byran in that main event...

:goatface:

HIGH FLYER

The Artiste
Reaction score
It almost seems like it's been a long time since he was crying every Monday, but it was really just a few weeks ago.. I wonder if he or Mysterio will ever be relevant again, or they'll just keep filling the card til their retirement, which I assume isn't too far from now

Lockard 23

The WWF/E Guru
Reaction score

It was all supposed to lead to a Show/HHH match, supposedly at TLC. But the crowd reaction for the Show/Orton match killed it, as did the decision to unify the championships at TLC (if your main event is centered around unifying the world championships, it makes since that you'd want that as your only headline match so as to give it more importance... HHH stepping back into the ring for the first time in months would take some of the attention from that.)

Reactions: HIGH FLYER

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
It pisses me off honestly. Rey, go home. Big Show, why are you just smiling and tag teaming with Rey after how your angle with the authority was last seen? Makes no sense.

And why the fuck is this the #1 contending team? Over the Real Americans? Usos? PTPs? fuck this team getting pushed they don't deserve it.

Reactions: Trip in the Head

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
I'm with D'Z, fuck this pairing. Give the real tag teams some shine.

Trip in the Head

Jester of Darkness
Reaction score

Holy shit his head hit the floor pretty good there at the end, lol.

Also, the ONLY good thing about this team IMO is the fact that Rey could essentially do top rope moves off Big Show from anywhere in the ring. Not really that much of an advantage, but it looks cool from time to time. I say Big Show should just reverse Alabama slam (or flapajack, powerbomb, something) Rey onto opponents for their finisher so all Rey has to do is lie there while the ref counts 3.

TheArabHammer

Don't call it a comeback
Reaction score
Holy shit his head hit the floor pretty good there at the end, lol.

Also, the ONLY good thing about this team IMO is the fact that Rey could essentially do top rope moves off Big Show from anywhere in the ring. Not really that much of an advantage, but it looks cool from time to time. I say Big Show should just reverse Alabama slam (or flapajack, powerbomb, something) Rey onto opponents for their finisher so all Rey has to do is lie there while the ref counts 3.
Still think Nash throwing mysterio into a trailer in WCW was awesome

Shadie T

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
chrishero
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
elgenerico
Favorite Wrestler
claudiocastagnoli
Favorite Wrestler
joeyryan
Shit team, should fuck off.

Reactions: Snowman1

Cloud

Champion
Reaction score
Least it stops Big Show crying and being in a shitty singles match. I'd rather this than Big Show anywhere near the ME.