Better Wrestler: CM Punk or John Cena?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Who is the better wrestler?

• John Cena

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • CM Punk

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

xtremebadass

Me and my friends got into a huge wrestling argument the other day when this question was brought up. Cena haters will automatically choose Punk because they hate Cena just to hate him. I for one can't see CM Punk's wrestling ability, muay thai-brazilian jui jitsu? Give me a break. Only thing CM Punk has is his kicks and the GTS, he doesn't even do the anaconda vice anymore. His opponent pulls him through his matches.

Cena has credibility, he's been going strong since 2002, sure he wrestled more in the earlier part of his career, but later on he established his moveset which limited what he did in the ring, but still even with it being limited, it's still recognizable and they are hard hitting moves.

Who is the better wrestler? John Cena or CM Punk?

Klide

XBA your gonna hate me for saying this but im a CENA HATER (well at least right now i use to like him when he was in SD!).

But whos the better wrestler i would have to go with Cena. Just because cena looks built to kick ass.

Soulpower

I for one can't see CM Punk's wrestling ability, muay thai-brazilian jui jitsu?

It wasn't Punk's decision to change his moveset.

The closest Punk has gotten to his old style was during his match against Jeff at Night Of Champions (Where he simply outwrestled Jeff).

wwerko619

Reaction score
Ive never liked John Cena, but he has incredible talent, and I never liked CM Punk to begin with. Like Jeff said, people who are like him with no drugs have a boring life :p

Klide

Ive never liked John Cena, but he has incredible talent, and I never liked CM Punk to begin with. Like Jeff said, people who are like him with no drugs have a boring life :p

And little kids are suppose to cheer for this guy.. :wacko:

the dark knight

wow.......................since when was cena a good wrestler to begin with?

kingovkings

Reaction score
Id say Cena he has the whole package. But with that been said Punk is better now than he was. And has potential to be a lot better. But i dont think he will reach the height Cena has TBH.

★Chuck Zombie★

Reaction score

LMAO!!! How old are you? Do you think that just because we don't drink or do drugs that we just sit and drag ourselves through life? I'm willing to bet that I could have more fun at a party than a drunk guy and guess what else, I can control myself, I won't get sick, I won't get a hangover, I'm not wasting at least $5 per drink, I'll be able to remember everything, I can leave anytime I want/need too and it won't be illegal, if I get pulled over by the cops after leaving a bar I don't even have to worry. I'm always hanging out a bars and parties and I'm always doing something fun with someone. If you need yo alter yourself with drugs and alcohol to have a good time, you're the boring one.

And as for the topic:

Now, I admit Punk isn't anywhere near as great as Edge and Jericho, but Cena doesn't even stand a chance in this. Cena is a short term seller. I'd love to see Cena do the eye program like CM Punk did. He'd forget he had to sell it as soon as the match was over. And all of his subsequent promos and matches would SAY that he has an injured eye, but Cena wouldn't reflect that. The only thing Cena has sold for more than one show was getting thrown through a search light....which I guess is too "big" for even Cena to forget.

Qwake

If this was for the better entertainer then John Cena would win, his promos are great and the fans really get into his matches and whatnot (not saying they don't get into Punks, but Cena's been around longer so yeah.)

If this is based on pure wrestling ability CM Punk fucking destorys him, Punks moveset is huge, could probably triple Cena's, Punk has put on many long and great matches and has plenty more to come, Punks moveset has been shortened alot in WWE but it still owns the shitout of Cena's imo.

CenaMark54

HAHAHHHAHAHAHA

Punk shouldn't even be mentioned in the same poll as Cena. Its one thing when people try to compare Cena to some of the all time greats, or even current LEGIT main eventers. I can usually deal with that without losing my damn mind.

I'm sorry, but anyone who voted for Punk is just ignorant. There is no getting around it. You can't even pull the "personal preference" card because this one is so black and white. You are just plain wrong.

Whats next an Orton vs the Miz poll? Or how about Shawn Michaels vs John Morrison?