Best NFL QB right now?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Tapout

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
evanbourne
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
So got into a pretty heated debate today at school over who the greatest QB is right now. Easily, I think it's Arron Rodgers. That guy is just a machine. Then next to him would be Drew Brees. Hes been good for a long time. Now some of my friends say Tom Brady, and I have to say he is one of the most over rated QB's. Same goes for Vick, and Tebow, who's names get tossed up a lot in a discussion such as this. Now I would say Rivers, but his season this year has been terrible, which is a shame honestly. I want to hear it from you guys though.

I'm still going for Rodgers.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
It's too easy to answer this question so I'm gonna say who I think is the best QB not named Rodgers or Brady to make it more interesting for myself. In which case I think I'll have to say Cam Newton despite his team's record not being a reflection of his play. Don't ever recall seeing a rookie QB play this good this fast with as much confidence as he has. He doesn't play like a rookie he plays like he has been in the league for 4-5 years and his ability to run with his pocket ability is just something unseen.

The New F'n Show

Reaction score
How is Brady overrated. What matters more than anything else are intangibles and Victories. Rodgers in a very short time has proven he is excellent and is #2 in my mind but it's Brady until proven otherwise.

Ben

Reaction score
Right now it's Rodgers with out a doubt guy is just playing out of him mind and will prob stay at a top level for at least the next 3-5 years. Next in line our Brady, Brees and Peyton Manning in no particular order. There's a lot of young guys coming up and a lot of average QB's. Think in the next few years see Brady and Manning dropping down a bit and see some of the new QB's over the last few drafts take the top spots. Cam Newton is prob the best of the new generation coming up.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Forgot to comment on Brady being overrated. Yeah it can be almost sickening how the announcers can jock Brady but he's earned it like it or not. He is our Joe Montana of our generation but better. 2 minute warning king, accurate as hell, smart, etc. No way is he overrated given his track record and esp given how his career started and how far he has come.

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
No doubt Aaron Rodgers tops the list currently, and even though he hasn't played like classic Brady i'd still feel good saying he's the number 2 QB in the leauge.

Other than those two and this might suprise people who read this but what about Andy Dalton of the Bengals? who would've thought in his rookie year he would have the Bengals tied for 1st place in what might be the toughest divsion in the NFL. Just read that the Bengals have sold out 3 home games in a row which i guess is some kind of new record, which is kind of sad but it's incredible that a rookie QB could turn that franchise around. He doesn't have jaw dropping numbers but, in a few years he could develop into a petty decent QB.

Also Alex Smith of the 49ers is playing well. Theyre 7-1 right now and basically have all the control in the NFC west.

The New F'n Show

Reaction score
Don't know how you can mention Dalton and Smith without Stafford.

Anyway Smith is a system guy, not that good.

I have been impressed by Dalton but he has a long way to go to be considered here, as does Stafford.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Wow what a shocker of a pick, lol. Considering the Bengals were supposed to be in total rebuild mode and everyone expected them to struggle it is quite the shock that they are in the mix for one of the best teams in the AFC. That said wouldn't say I'd put him in my top 10 at QB as I'm not that sold on him to rank him high but I can see why you would think he's worth mentioning.

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
Don't know how you can mention Dalton and Smith without Stafford.

Anyway Smith is a system guy, not that good.

I have been impressed by Dalton but he has a long way to go to be considered here, as does Stafford.

I forgot completely and tried going back to edit it but you had replied sorry about that. But in a few years when Dalton and Stafford have improved their games a bit they could be two of the best in the leauge.

Last edited:

Reid

Reaction score
Rodgers is on another lvel right now. Brady is a top 5 qb of all time, but right now Rodgers has been better. I'd put Brees third.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Eli Manning atm, given his lack of options to throw to.

Rodgers has how many receivers? Ofcourse he would be 8-0.

Killswitch

Reaction score
Rodgers, not even close right now. Just compare the stats to any one else (Brees, Brady, Manning) and Rodgers has them beat. Throw in that Rodgers in the reining superbowl mvp and the Packers have won 14 straight.

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
I'd have to say Rodgers then Manning.

Dademo

Reaction score
I want to say Aaron Rodgers because the Packers are on fire, but in my heart it's Tom Brady.