Best Movie In a Horror Series

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Grym Reaper

Reaction score
I know we have a Horror thread a few topics down but I think this is a good enough discussion for it's own topic. I was thinking, of these notable Horror series, which is your single favorite entry in each? Add more series to the list if you'd like along with your pick for the best installment.

Friday The 13th
Halloween
A Nightmare On Elm Street
Saw
Scream
Alien
Predator
Phantasm
Evil Dead
Child's Play
The Texas Chainsaw Massacre
Hellraiser
Final Destination
Paranormal Activity

---

IMO the best in each:

Friday The 13th - The Final Chapter
Halloween - 1978 Original
A Nightmare On Elm Street - New Nightmare
Saw - Saw II
Scream - Original
Alien - Aliens
Predator - Predator 2
Phantasm - Phantasm II
Evil Dead - Evil Dead II
Child's Play - Original
The Texas Chainsaw Massacre - 2003 Remake
Hellraiser - Original
Final Destination - Original
Paranormal Activity - Original

I'll probably add some more later. Should be interesting to see the replies with the high number of Horror fans here.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Keeping in mind that this is my "favourites" as opposed to the ones that I think are the "best", here you go...

Friday The 13th - Part V - Damn it all to hell, I dgaf what people think about this movie, I FUCKING LOVE IT!! Sure it sucks, but hey, that's the beauty of it...plus any movie where a character gets called "a big dildo" should surely make anyone's Top 1.

Halloween - Part III: Season of the Witch - Yeah, yeah, its not really Halloween, but its one hell of an awesome piece of cine-trash. Tom Atkins has the absolute, hands down greatest moustache of all time, and the whole absurdity of the plot makes it one of the most bizarre sequels ever put on film.

A Nightmare On Elm Street - The Dream Master - First one I can remember seeing fully and still my favourite. Alice is such a better heroine than Nancy and I've always loved the idea of taking each of her fallen friends powers to become Super Alice before taking on Freddy. Plus, this movie has the soul pizza and the roach motel kills, two of my all-time faves.

Saw - Saw II - Essentially just a remake of Cube, but still my favourite of these movies since it has the needle pit trap.

Scream - Original - I find all these movies enjoyable, but Matthew Lillard in the original just KILLS it for me and makes it easily the best of the four.

Alien - Original - The first is an unparalleled horror classic and one of the most claustrophobic and paranoid movies of all time.

Predator - Original - Love the sequel, and even Predators, but you can't beat Arnold fighting a giant space monster while covered in mud. Plus, this one benefits from being directed by one of the all time great action filmmakers, John McTiernan.

Phantasm - I haven't watched these movies in years, but Phantasm II is the only one I can remember as being awesome. Arguably one of the best Part II's, along with Psycho II, Child's Play 2 and Evil Dead 2.

Evil Dead - Evil Dead 2 - Haha, speaking of Evil Dead 2, look what comes along. The hybrid of horror and comedy REALLY works in this movie and Bruce Campbell is fucking phenomenal.

Child's Play - Child's Play 2 - Excellent sequel (see above) and I love how much more vicious Chucky is in it. From beating the teacher to death with the yard stick to sewing the shit out of Jenny Aggutter, he's playing for keeps and he will not be stopped. Love it.

The Texas Chainsaw Massacre - TCM 2 - Yet another example of breaking from the formula and having it work to the best, this bizarre sequel kills the original for me. Love Bill Moseley here as well, he manages to outdo Dennis Hopper, which isn't easy.

Hellraiser - Bloodline - Just because of this scene...

[video=youtube;e_kKjFJihUw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e_kKjFJihUw[/video]

Final Destination - Haven't seen them in years but if the second one is the one where the accident occurs on the highway, then that's probably my favourite.

Paranormal Activity - I find things about each of these that I like, but my favourite is Part 3, simply for that cool fan thing that the guy uses to make the camera cover the whole room.

Gentleman Jake

You Must Have Me Confused with Someone Far Less Awesome
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Besides Bruce of course has there ever been a better comedic horror performance then Lillard in Scream. They should have found a way to bring him back cuz they are all gonna fall short without him,

Grym Reaper

Reaction score
I think Matthew in the first Scream was more creepy than anything.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
I think Matthew in the first Scream was more creepy than anything.
I think Skeet was the creepy one, even when he was trying to come off as well-intentioned. Meanwhile, Lillard seemed more like the easily-led, comical sidekick type character and played that role to a tee. His facial expressions alone make the movie better than it would have been without him.

Wangman Page

Cowboy Shit
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
boots2asses
I think Skeet was the creepy one, even when he was trying to come off as well-intentioned. Meanwhile, Lillard seemed more like the easily-led, comical sidekick type character and played that role to a tee. His facial expressions alone make the movie better than it would have been without him.

"Hey I am getting a little woozy here"

LIllard is great in that film and most things he does I have yet to find a film that I can't stand him in now there are movies he has done that I can't stand but not his performance.

Grym Reaper

Reaction score

I think both came off as sinister in their own way, with Lillard being much more crazy and manic, and Skeet being more collected.

Swinny

Reaction score
Friday The 13th - Friday the 13th Part IV: The Final Chapter

Halloween - Halloween. As much as I love Halloween III, and it is my favorite sequel, I can't pick it over the original

A Nightmare On Elm Street - Also the first one.

Saw - I have to rewatch all the Saws again because they kinda all blend together for me, so it's hard to single out one.

Scream - The first one.

Alien - Alien

Phantasm - Phantasm II

Evil Dead - Evil Dead

Child's Play - Child's Play

The Texas Chainsaw Massacre - The original as far as effective horror movies go, but I prefer the remake (and the sequel to the original as well) for entertainment value)

Hellraiser - The first one

Final Destination - Final Destination 2

Paranormal Activity - Paranormal Activity

Grym Reaper

Reaction score
I also like the TCM remake the best for similar reasons, more entertaining IMO, though the original is definitely a more primal and unnerving film.