Best mic work of the PG era?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Varus

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
I would say CM Punk but usually his promos are pretty much the same. I know this might sound crazy, but I'm going to say John Cena. When he's actually serious he can produce some pretty good promos.When he's not smiling and making dumb jokes of course.

Rogue

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
kassiusohno
There's been a lot of good mic work in the PG era,allow me to compile a list.
-Chris Jericho's mic work as heel,his slow deliverance was amazing and the way he played off the crowd really made everyone hate his guts.
-The Miz around 2011,his promos at that time were well thought out and his cocky attitude just sold every word he was saying.
-Alberto Del Rio circa 2011-2012,his promos oozed of class and arrogance which really made him the smug heel he was at that point in time.
-Batista around 2009 and 2010,his promos held a lot of truth to them at the time but the way he delivered it made the fans despise him.
-Edge from 2008 till his retirement,Edge was always good on the mic whether he was a face or a heel and his emotion on the mic went with what he was doing.
-Wade Barrett during Nexus,he was a rookie and his mic work really made him stand out from the other rooks which made him a befitting leader to the Nexus.
-R-Truth during his heel run,he was crazy on the mic and the way he played off the crowd really got him hated,it was probably one of the best runs he's ever had.
-John Cena from 2008 till now,a lot of times Cena's mic work is bland and generic,but, when he's paired with the right rival he can deliver some grade a promos.
-Dolph Ziggler from 2011 till now,Ziggler used to be a bit bland on the mic but right around 2011 he really turned it up and has delivered some astounding promos.
-CM Punk from 2008 till now,whether he's a face or a heel he can work the mic extremely well,it's one of his few qualities he has as a wrestler in the WWE.
-Kane upon his return from 2011 till his face turn,his heel work on the mic when he was feuding with Cena was some of the best work he's ever done in WWE.
-Dean Ambrose's current work,the way he combines his facial mannerisms and his senile deliverance really knocks his promos and segments out of the park.

Reactions: Crayo

Inpunkwetrust

Jobber
Reaction score
Cm Punk hands down is the best on the mic but not far behind is John Cena and The Rock but Triple H is just a bit behind Cena and Rock but cm punk is funny, annoying, intimidating, and does not have a filter between what he thinks and what comes out and he is not afraid to let out what he thinks because he just doesn't care what anybody thinks about it

Mustafar Reginald

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
Wade Barrett, CM Punk, Edge, HBK, Trips and Kane probably. Maybe Christian too. A few others would be mentioned but I've considered the PG era to have been over for quite some time so they missed the cut. I will say I do remember Cena & Jericho's regular work fine though but I still wouldn't place them on there for the best. Cena having the probably Cena always have, lack of consistency and Jericho's heel work started off amazingly but I don't really think it stayed at the level and just got really repetitive, after a certain point I just didn't feel any need to watch any Jericho promo since I pretty much new everything he was going to say and that he wouldn't even put a little wrinkle of difference to it (not that all of them were like that, just a lot of them). Plus, he didn't exactly make it interesting to listen to but meh, Jericho's heel run overall didn't really do it for me is what I'm getting at.

THG?

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
Enzo Amore.