Batman Arkham Origins announced

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
If it even remotely holds up to Asylum and City, this will definitely be a first day purchase for me.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
I haven't played 3DS, but PS Vita is no joke. Fucking thing plays PS3 games.

Stella March

This one shouldn’t disappoint as earlier versions were great too. I love the Batman series and find it really cool to play this game. I look forward to checking it out.

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
[video=youtube;tq9bKYfyM-o]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tq9bKYfyM-o[/video]

[video=youtube;9pnK8akbd2M]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9pnK8akbd2M[/video]

Thread hasn't been updated in a while surprisingly. Here's new videos from the past week or so. Game looks quite good. Don't wanna get my expectations too high though with a whole new team and what not. Also someone new voicing Batman in Roger Craig Smith (of Ezio, Sonic, and Chris Redfield fame.) Although Kevin Conroy who voiced Batman in previous games has caused a lot of confusion and speculation. Read this: http://batman-news.com/2013/05/20/k...er-clears-up-batman-arkham-origins-confusion/ - Looks like he may have got them mixed up and accidentally leaked another Arkham game after Origins. Probably going to be made by Rocksteady for next gen? Who knows..

IGN article: http://au.ign.com/articles/2013/05/20/batman-arkham-origins-is-a-blast-from-the-past

Last edited:

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

Reaction score
Deathstroke is a playable DLC character, like Catwoman or Joker from the previous 2 games.

Both Kevin Conroy & Mark Hamill have eluded to the next Arkham game being their swansong. Conroy announced it on Twitter, and Hamill did the voice overs at the VGA's for Joker, where they showed a script for Arkham World. It would make sense since both Conroy & Hamill have been doing the V/O's for Batman & Joker since Batman the Animated Series.

At this point, all I am asking from this game is to get me away from playing Borderlands 2. I already have 2 level 50 characters in Salvador & Gaige, and Krieg is already level 12.

CMPunk14

Reaction score
I like how they put a new main antagonist instead of Joker. It's obvious, that they can't book him in teh new arkham game anymore cause he's dead now.

Reaction score
At this point, all I am asking from this game is to get me away from playing Borderlands 2. I already have 2 level 50 characters in Salvador & Gaige, and Krieg is already level 12.

Got all aside from Krieg, who I haven't brought yet to level 50.

As for the game, I'm not sold on this yet because of whose making it but the good side is it has Black Mask in it, hopefully he'll be like he was during the Wargames saga, especially if he's going to be an major antagonist in this.

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

Reaction score
I like how they put a new main antagonist instead of Joker. It's obvious, that they can't book him in teh new arkham game anymore cause he's dead now.

People die in comic books all the time. Joker beat Jason Todd's head in with a crowbar before blowing him & his mother up. Both Jason & his mother have returned from the dead since then. The general rule of thumb is, unless your name is Ben Parker, you can be resurrected in comics.

@WWS, Krieg is now lvl 26 and I cant wait to branch from Mania to Hellborn. I have only had this game since about the middle of April, and Gaige was a multiplayer only character(which has some really nice benefits to playing couch co-op, 11 free gold keys everytime you sign in)

Last edited:
Reaction score
People die in comic books all the time. Joker beat Jason Todd's head in with a crowbar before blowing him & his mother up. Both Jason & his mother have returned from the dead since then. The general rule of thumb is, unless your name is Ben Parker, you can be resurrected in comics.

@WWS, Krieg is now lvl 26 and I cant wait to branch from Mania to Hellborn. I have only had this game since about the middle of April, and Gaige was a multiplayer only character(which has some really nice benefits to playing couch co-op, 11 free gold keys everytime you sign in)

The execution of the Red Hood's return was greatly done though, so many bad rezs... Isn't Joker dead in the comic book now days anyways xD?

Joker will be in this some how, besides it's a prequel to the Arkham Games, so of course he's going to be in this some how - can't have a Batman game without Joker, it's just going to be a matter whether he's Main or Side antagonist.

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

Reaction score
Agreed, Jason Todd was one of the best resurrections in comic history. I would never go as far to say Joker ever dies, sure he fell from the top of a waterfall in Death of the Family, but no body was ever recovered, so its only a matter of time before he resurfaces.

As a prequel, you could be left with Joe Chill(who is widely believed to be Joker's true alter ego), or the original Red Hood(the character Joker was when he fell into the vats). There is also the fact that Batman has atleast a year of his career before Joker arrives on the scene, so he could very well be ignored entirely. There is a vast amount of rogues to select from, and with the over saturation of Joker recently, it is very plausible that Joker might not make an appearance at all.

Reaction score
Joker will appear as himself, he's too much of their cash-cow to a wider market as Punk13 showed, for him to be missing.

My money is on it revolving around the gang-warfare side of things so Ventriloquist, Penguin, Black Mask, Falcone, Tobias Whale and who ever else I'm forgetting. Or they wanna be creative and bawlsy, they could always do this about Court of the Owls ^_^.