Barry Presents: Sergio Leone Mafia / Una Mafia Del West Game Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
The other thing is I don't get this early usage of the Sheriff/Governor/whatever at all. Smark was at 4 votes and there was plenty of day to go, I'm legit coming up with a blank as to why scum would use it just then. Anyone?

Only thing I can think of is, as stated, trying to pigeonhole us on Smark tomorrow, and they delay the inevitable by one day. The problem with that is that smark's alignment can be argued either side by that logic.

Tweet

Goes kweh a lot
Reaction score
Yeah I didn't realize there were so little ppl on the wagon and assumed a bit too early, ngl. And given the names posted, I don't read any of them scum outside of potentially Odo.
Just an innocent derp then? :hmm:
Idk maybe I'm being paranoid. If I was right about it at the very least I just stopped that plan dead in its tracks.

PHEN0M

GOATNOM
Reaction score
The semantics of what the role is called are irrelevant

a role that stops day 14 hours early with no discussion that isn’t submitted in the thread is a scum role

this isn’t up for debate

This is a fact.

Odo

Avert thine eyes
Reaction score
@Odo sorry was taking a shit. I'm leaning Smark as scum as his defence has mainly stunk from my perspective. But I can also see a scenario where you're pushing harder than required, and I'm not sure I agree with your assessment that Rugrat is town( clearing banez as well), that felt a little too neat for me.

Be aware that a lot of this is gut feel, so it's by no means set in stone. Just where my mind is atm. I hope you can appreciate that I generally don't give you 100% town reads on day 1, and am usually apprehensive to trust your motives :p

couple of things

What do you mean by pushing harder than required? How would you associate that with scumminess?

Also I was explicitly clear in my read list - even the blues aren’t cleared, so where did you get the idea I cleared Rugrat and Banez?

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Just an innocent derp then? :hmm:
Idk maybe I'm being paranoid. If I was right about it at the very least I just stopped that plan dead in its tracks.

Yeh. The usual Jeff posting too quickly in the morning without reading everything properly. Sorry bout that.

What do you mean by the bolded part by the by?

Also curious how you feel about Odo ( I realize this may be a bit of a hard question with the lack of useful flips).

Tweet

Goes kweh a lot
Reaction score
Only thing I can think of is, as stated, trying to pigeonhole us on Smark tomorrow, and they delay the inevitable by one day. The problem with that is that smark's alignment can be argued either side by that logic.
Well the usage does make Smark look absolutely horrible, we don't have a flip or even really a wagon to work with and unless night brings us new info, people do seem pretty set on Smark having to go tomorrow. It could be that they used it at this very opportune moment to waste half a dayphase and as you say, pigeonhole us into that direction for tomorrow. Soooo... idk, I was pretty certain about my read on Smark but the WIFOM is strong with that usage :worried

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
couple of things

What do you mean by pushing harder than required? How would you associate that with scumminess?

Also I was explicitly clear in my read list - even the blues aren’t cleared, so where did you get the idea I cleared Rugrat and Banez?

Mostly with the your read list and your lack of follow-up on rugrat. Maybe saying you cleared them was a bit too binmary though, your right, you did say they could change.

Either way it's my usual paranoia, and much like you, I feel rather good about Smark being scum and would have voted that way had I had the chance. I just see a world where it's possible you and rugrat are scum together, that's all. I don't believe that's an outrageous thought considering the lack of data we currently have.

Alco

Reaction score
I mean for scum this was an entirely succesful day, as two townies are dead (not all by their own account, thanks to THE KOK)

By stopping day early they save they either:

a) save a scumboi with a good role that could be used during night
b) set up a potential mislynch on D2, although I highly doubt that --> I'm full team Odo in that Odo/Smark exchange

Alco

Reaction score
Also as Odo said, ODB or whatever his name is, is a perfect candidate to sacrifice for this kind of usage. Chimp would also fall into that category btw.

Odo

Avert thine eyes
Reaction score
The usage is basically dismissible. The opportunity cost of using it for something that may happen by sacrificing something likely to happen is dumb, especially when you could get the same result without gambling in reverse

Tweet

Goes kweh a lot
Reaction score
Yeh. The usual Jeff posting too quickly in the morning without reading everything properly. Sorry bout that.

What do you mean by the bolded part by the by?

Also curious how you feel about Odo ( I realize this may be a bit of a hard question with the lack of useful flips).
The part you bolded is to say, if you really are scum, and I really just called your intentions behind declaring that there's gotta be scum on Smarks wagon, I already made you backpedal so that plan is just foiled.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers

The momentum was still very much on Smark but if OMB is scum, then I could maybe see scum overrating a momentum swing after I put my vote on him and Smark followed and if that was the plan they did do it early enough to make us stay on Smark who I said myself I wasn't sold on lynching day 1. So if Smark's town, scum probably successful keeps him in the cross hairs for day two.

Smark does still feel slimy to me, but him showing instant gratification for the sheriff role for "saving" him whether it did or didn't (looks like it didn't), makes me think he at least didn't know about it beforehand.

Odo

Avert thine eyes
Reaction score
Map it out. Let’s pretend smark is town - with no usage, it’s very likely he gets lynched (and any argument to the contrary can also be applied to the likelihood of him being lynched day 2)

why give up a mislynch in order to potentially secure a mislynch later? Why not just take the mislynch, and use the role elsewhere?

Tweet

Goes kweh a lot
Reaction score
Would Jeff tell us that the intention behind the Governor usage was to perhaps pigeonhole people into lynching Smark tomorrow, if he knew that that was the actual reason behind the usage? I'd like to think that instead, he'd keep quiet about it and let things unfold as planned.

Alco

Reaction score
My bet is Smark's a rolecop or janitor or whatnot and they needed his usage N1

Status
Not open for further replies.