Barry Presents: an Oversimplified MAFIA Game Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Sky

TOTAL NONSTOP ACTION
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
velvetsky
I mostly thought it was odd that N0M was leaping to my defence given that I've never really seen him do that for anyone

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
I read you town and you immediately say it’s weird. Phenom says we’re not lynching you and you immediately say it weirds you out or whatever. It’s not what you do as scum, you’re more than happy to collect town reads

I remember this meta of hers being a thing last year when I started playing and I'm pretty sure she just started doing it every game town or scum once everyone kept talking about it bc I swear I've never seen Sky NOT do this lol

RetepAdam.

It me.
Reaction score

Hello.
Fuck me, I told myself I was going to get the first post in my first game back

You probably thought you were gonna draw town too. :becky2
Okay here's a question for everyone reading.

Have you ever heard of the character you drew?
Oh, okay. So, I guess I do have to check my role PM then. :mark

Update: Yes. Also, I'm just now realizing that Oversimplified is referring to the name of a series, not just saying the game is gonna be a basic setup lmao

A lot of people say I come across more comfortable as town, which is interesting. That may be, but I feel more comfortable as scum. Knowing a few alignments right off the bat helps me get a foothold in understanding the game, and I like figuring out of the game regardless of alignment

That's interesting. The reverse is true for me. For me, the whole game is about solving puzzles with incomplete information, and just like it's hard to act surprised when someone tells you something you already know, it can be really easy to fall into the trap of overthinking interactions as scum.

It's been a while since I've played with Sky, but I like this post.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
(Unless the person that is town reading you is also under pressure at the time, in which case you use it against them like a true predator)

:hmm: didn't consider this factor tho

RDK

All glory to God
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wadebarrett
Favorite Sports Team
eZIPN8K
We’re not lynching/wagoning sky day one. Let her play.
odd post as this wasn't happening and also why would you take them off the table when they could potentially be scum

Poyser

Pathological Liar
Reaction score
Also Phenom makes random strong stances like that all the time, not particularly weird for him

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Alright

just a bit of a strange one since sky tends to get Lynched incredibly early >80% of the time she draws scum, so insinuating she’s a hard read or somebody I’d put myself out there to read town early when she’s just easy distraction material doesn’t hold up much ino
perhaps im being selfish in the fact i felt it was too early to make that call and it felt like a potential throwaway read. you didnt give me a read on smark too and that hurt my feelings as your generally fairly opined on the lad. I'll admit these are very gut-like feelings on my end here but hey, it's early day 1, I'm still navigating.

we're not in disagreement regarding 4th though, im not entirely satisfied by his answers thusfar

Poyser

Pathological Liar
Reaction score
perhaps im being selfish in the fact i felt it was too early to make that call and it felt like a potential throwaway read. you didnt give me a read on smark too and that hurt my feelings as your generally fairly opined on the lad. I'll admit these are very gut-like feelings on my end here but hey, it's early day 1, I'm still navigating.

we're not in disagreement regarding 4th though, im not entirely satisfied by his answers thusfar
With smark I just think he’s stayed middle of the field o guess, him chatting shit isn’t really alignment indicative for him and I’ve yet to see much game related content so far

RetepAdam.

It me.
Reaction score
Okay, I entirely thought King K. Rool was Lethal Banks.

Who is King K. Rool then?

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
With smark I just think he’s stayed middle of the field o guess, him chatting shit isn’t really alignment indicative for him and I’ve yet to see much game related content so far
My problem is that I'm not auto reading him town right now and he's usually mega obvious and follows up x10000.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
My problem is that I'm not auto reading him town right now and he's usually mega obvious and follows up x10000.

Even this early? I don't remember him coming out of the fluff phase all that early myself if he's around for it tbh