Barry Presents: an Oversimplified MAFIA Game Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Poyser

Pathological Liar
Reaction score
Smark still doesn’t really fill me with any confidence either

I have too many people I wanna wagon lol

Lethal

Tiffy Time
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
fnexxBT
Favorite Wrestler
SdPLF
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Sports Team
lJlFfto
Favorite Sports Team
pxAmCgn
Favorite Sports Team
detroitlions
Favorite Sports Team
LMoHyDQ
  • Sad
Reactions: Doddsy

Poyser

Pathological Liar
Reaction score
Alright off to sleep anyways

Doddsy

Mafia God
Reaction score
Also, no QTs suck ass. Im probably going to continue using them in my games
Oath

I dunno sky just feels like sky to me thusfar, so pretty damn null. I've decided i want to push Poyser. So im going to push poyser

vote poyser
seemed generous given the player
Dunno if I much care for this to be honest, this doesn't fall in line with Sky being a fair easy read generally.

seems oddly self-conscious to me! FOS on my good friend TFW!

Though if anyone would be self conscious as town maybe it's TFW ;)
I kinda like this post from CP too as I was thinking similar as I was reading

Lethal

Tiffy Time
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
fnexxBT
Favorite Wrestler
SdPLF
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Sports Team
lJlFfto
Favorite Sports Team
pxAmCgn
Favorite Sports Team
detroitlions
Favorite Sports Team
LMoHyDQ
I prefer convos for my scum chats. Get notifications when things are posted, get to stay alert. Can also quote specific examples etc. QTs are shrouded in too much mystery :side:

Also :lol I’m forever suss to Poyser.

doddsy - I’d like your thoughts on Sky trying to link Haza and TFW please

Doddsy

Mafia God
Reaction score
Okay, I entirely thought King K. Rool was Lethal Banks.

Who is King K. Rool then?
The giant owner tag not give you any sort of indication? :mj

anyways, you get to hear jeffs favorite town phrase. that phenom vote from fourth

I smell weakness
Do like this post because fax

I don't really get the first point. Why is it weird to want to lynch Phenom if I think Sky is town. I'd be assuming he did that as scum.

Wasn't his post kinda lowkey defending her by ruling her out for the day though? But I do agree just giving her a simple town read would have probably been easier if he was scum. It's his resasoning really what pinged me.
This is a very weird post, because what reasoning pinged you exactly?

I think perhaps I was a bit gung-ho on my Phenom vote trying to find something and I'm gonna unvote

tbh, after more delibration it does seem like what he posted is pretty NAI and it does appear like a not so great thing to post as scum as it has garnered suspicion. So I fail to see what the play was there.
Quick backtrack. Could be panicked, could be genuine re-evaluation of a poor take but worthy of note.

Really don't appreciate you trying to pre-empt Poyser here. Agreed with him on how this feels like a prepared response from someone who knew they'd start badly

Very interesting approach to the fluff phase, given that you made no effort to escape it this game, only engaging in game-related content when you were engaged yourself

Pretty good reasoned reads ngl, you're recovering here

This feels like kind of a flimsy climbdown though, and now I'm left wondering what motivated you to this.

Overall? This seems like it'd be worth pursuing, to obtain reactions and all
Vote TFW
:WOW

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Are you chill now lethal xp ?

Doddsy

Mafia God
Reaction score
I prefer convos for my scum chats. Get notifications when things are posted, get to stay alert. Can also quote specific examples etc. QTs are shrouded in too much mystery :side:

Also :lol I’m forever suss to Poyser.

doddsy - I’d like your thoughts on Sky trying to link Haza and TFW please
I haven't gotten that far yet

Doddsy

Mafia God
Reaction score
At this point I feel there's less reason to think TFW is town than anyone else. So you putting your weight behind him is going to make it look like you knew his alignment
Considering that particular thought process of mine, scum Haza would make most sense with non-scum TFW (because if you were co-scum why wouldn't you just feed him that line in scum chat?? and also for reasons above.

But either way it looks bad, and I want to resolve TFW first of all
Alright well for starters this is kind of garb. People need to stop pushing White Knighting as reason for scum reads seeing as it's been wrong about 9000 times to correct one time.

well there you go, you've just named the second reason why your post on me is absolute nonsense all by yourself :)
I don't really believe there is any way Sky makes that post as town actually. Like she legit saw Jeff's post i'm pretty sure and was like this might be a good time to sus X for Y after that post. The theory is absolute trash because if me and TFW were both scum i'd just tell him how to defend himself. And if I'm scum and TFW is town why would I want to give anyone a reason not to suspect the guy under the most suspicion that hasn't even claimed yet?

The fact Sky now wants to continue to pursue TFW having established me as the next phase target and connected me with TFW regardless of his flip based on nonsense reasons leaves me with little doubt she is not pro-town here.

Vote: Sky
Don't see any issue with these posts tbh. I know that Haza dies but I've not checked the flip so I dunno his alignment/role yet, but I don't really see any reason to vote him yet.

vote haza
:swaggyp

Vote: Haza

Post 277 by Poyser in clocktower 2 when he was town jumped immediately to mind when he voted me here btw. That time he was right about me being scum this time he is wrong being the difference. But yeah I think it's a confidence and a genuine scum hunting tell of his which is why I'm leaning. I've not seen him give assertive red flag suggestions as scum but as I said I wouldn't rule it out of his scum range.

It's possible he does it too and I just haven't noticed it like I noticed the one I just referenced because I wasn't the subject in the others. I'd be happy for someone to point me to references if it is the case that he throws up highly confident flag reads as scum
Yeah I don't see Haza making this post as scum so I've no idea why he's getting voted at this stage. Poy Poy hinted at a red flag but I've not seen any elaboration or digging into that by anyone else as of this point so I dunno.

Oof really not feeling my good friend Haza here

Fuck , that post number n referring to old games is an alarm bell :heston

vote Haza

hurts me to do it :(

but you know what would hurt even more? finding out I didn't do everything I possibly could to help town win!!
Elaborate on the reasons for this for me please.

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Alright well for starters this is kind of garb. People need to stop pushing White Knighting as reason for scum reads seeing as it's been wrong about 9000 times to correct one time.

Don't see any issue with these posts tbh. I know that Haza dies but I've not checked the flip so I dunno his alignment/role yet, but I don't really see any reason to vote him yet.

Yeah I don't see Haza making this post as scum so I've no idea why he's getting voted at this stage. Poy Poy hinted at a red flag but I've not seen any elaboration or digging into that by anyone else as of this point so I dunno.

Elaborate on the reasons for this for me please.
Yeah it gave me nightmares about when he was scum cop in a previous scum game as I mentioned later on.

Doddsy

Mafia God
Reaction score
I'm very sure Sky is not town. I don't think the way she connected me and TFW was genuine at all and it didn't make sense at all. I gave someone town points and they joined us at the hip regardless of flip ffs
This point is fine but I don't share the confidence in Sky being scum because people use that reasoning all the time it just happens to always be incorrect.

@PHEN0M explain the cowardly sheeping of Poyser
Another good post from Haza tbh this wagon looking trash so far.

Poyser voted you? Didn’t see it. You voted Sky so i voted you.
:kennydone

I'm pretty meh on Haza. We have 28 hours. Minus whale use 'em.

Also v interested to see if Doddsy actually makes a post before dying this time around.
Hey I posted last game before I died I think the game just didn't start before I died.

And this post a page and a half later looks to me like a retreat after he realizes nobody took the bait that he put out.
Don't mind these points from Tweet either

Tweet

Goes kweh a lot
Reaction score
I'm going to say this as politely as possible, but what the fuck is your problem lol. Play the game properly and cut the the I'm too cool act. Your perfectly aware that being a vague uncaring wanker is going to draw you heat. You gonna play properly or just act fake outraged all game ? Your better than this n this is boring as fuck . Answer questions, act town or get lynched
??? I said if you want me to provide receipts I'll oblige, and I'm just asking you whether you seriously think I'm sitting out here writing checks that I can't cash?

Doddsy

Mafia God
Reaction score
Another point from where I am at in my read I still have seen no elaboration on Poysers red flag, nor anyone else bring it up at all which is not very excellent

Tweet

Goes kweh a lot
Reaction score
Like how about you keep the church in town and actually answer my questions instead of swearing at me