Barrett Barrage - ideal feud for Sheamus?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Darth Shizzel

Reaction score
1. Sheamus is no where limited its just WWE limiting his move set if you watched his extreme rules match with Daniel Brian you would know he's got a lot of moves in his aresenal.

2. Wade Barret is a good brawler type wrestler so him and Sheamus going at it isn't such a bad idea.

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
I've always loved his promo skills and he has a lot of charisma. I honestly hope he doesn't play the gun for hire though. I'd like to see him do his own thing.

Pete

Reaction score
1. Sheamus is no where limited its just WWE limiting his move set if you watched his extreme rules match with Daniel Brian you would know he's got a lot of moves in his aresenal.

2. Wade Barret is a good brawler type wrestler so him and Sheamus going at it isn't such a bad idea.

Yeah: a clothesline, a power slam, the Keltic Cross, the White Noise, and that god damn Big Boot. And they call Cena a five-move wonder...

TKK

Reaction score
Yeah: a clothesline, a power slam, the Keltic Cross, the White Noise, and that god damn Big Boot. And they call Cena a five-move wonder...

He has other moves such as the Texas Cloverleaf, Tilt-A-Whirl Backbreaker, Running Firemans Carry to name a few and I believe that the Brogue Kick is a bicycle kick and not a Big Boot.

Secondly, as if anybody in the WWE has an extensive list of moves that they perform regularly. Every top superstar has a list of moves to do because it's what the crowd will pop for. You can talk all the day about how technically skilled such and such is, but it doesn't mean anything to the WWE if people don't react.

Considering it says "People For The Rapid Depushing Of Sheamus - Founder & President" above your username you're obviously hating on his moveset because you don't like him.

Pete

Reaction score
Kurt Angle.
Eddie Guerrero.
Chris Benoit.
Chris Jericho.

Sure they have/had their "signature moves" for the cheap pop, but "the stuff in the middle" is/was usually more varied and entertaining than with Sheamus, Barrett, Orton, and so forth.

Re: bicycle kick, it actually goes back and forth. It started out as a big boot, then it became a bicycle kick (thank you, Chris!) but I've seen it done recently and it's now just a big boot again. Which as far as impact goes is realistically devastating (imagine getting kicked in the head), but as far as finishers go is up there with the Hogan Leg Drop. the Worm and the Heart Punch as the lamest ever.

And you'd be very right to assume I hate Sheamus. But I hate Sheamus BECAUSE of his limited moveset and insta-push, not the other way round.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Kurt Angle.
Eddie Guerrero.
Chris Benoit.
Chris Jericho.

Sure they have/had their "signature moves" for the cheap pop, but "the stuff in the middle" is/was usually more varied and entertaining than with Sheamus, Barrett, Orton, and so forth.

Re: bicycle kick, it actually goes back and forth. It started out as a big boot, then it became a bicycle kick (thank you, Chris!) but I've seen it done recently and it's now just a big boot again. Which as far as impact goes is realistically devastating (imagine getting kicked in the head), but as far as finishers go is up there with the Hogan Leg Drop. the Worm and the Heart Punch as the lamest ever.

And you'd be very right to assume I hate Sheamus. But I hate Sheamus BECAUSE of his limited moveset and insta-push, not the other way round.

Don't you know that everyone that starts out, has limited movesets. Most of them are given to you by agents who think certain moves will furrther develop your character.

Indy people have billions of moves, because they are marks. Simple as that, you notice that Benoit, Guerrero and Jericho limited their moveset when they got to WWE? Because this is how you condition your audience to pop when you want them too. Sheamus getting a few new finish moves or signature moves, will further help him space out crowd reactions during his matches to make them seem epic.

Angle did whatever he wanted, because he never knew how to work. He can wrestle and it the best out there, but he can't work.