Backstage News On Plans For The WWE Tag Team Titles (SPOILERS)

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
Now come on guys, WWE lost it's chance with 3MB for the freebird rule tag titles, why would they risk it with the Shield? 8D

Weez

Reaction score
Now come on guys, WWE lost it's chance with 3MB for the freebird rule tag titles, why would they risk it with the Shield? 8D

Because 3MB is a big jobber joke that should all get Future Endeavored and The Shield is actually OVER? lol I love the Freebird Rule. Having a stable hold the tag belts, they always look more credible and more intelligent and devious, deciding who defends the titles based on matchups and shit. Love it.

Defiant

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
thewhyats
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
The Freebird thing sounds really cool and I know I've seen it done before somewhere else, I think WCW.

Anyway, if the belts have to belong to two from the group then I actually expect the belts to go on Rollins and Ambrose, with Reigns being used as the back-up/muscle.

AF.

Reaction score
This is a huge shame, was hoping for Taker to work more than one day this year.

This. He looked in great shape and wouldn't even have to do much in a 3 on 3 tag match. I guess he's not interested unless it's WrestleMania.

The New F'n Show

Reaction score
I would love to see the Freebird rule as well but if they went Rollins and Reigns and pushed Ambrose in Singles I'd be fine with that also. I think they'd be better off just going Freebird for a while though.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
If they do go through with The Shield winning the titles they will definitely go the Freebird route initially. They may have Ambrose, or one of the others, branch off and try to take a midcard title as well but to start with it will be Freebird title defences and I can see them being fed every single team out there.

Twist of Fate

Reaction score
The Freebird thing sounds really cool and I know I've seen it done before somewhere else, I think WCW.

Anyway, if the belts have to belong to two from the group then I actually expect the belts to go on Rollins and Ambrose, with Reigns being used as the back-up/muscle.

I'm fairly sure The Spirit Squad used it when they had the titles. If it's good enough for them then I certainly think it's good enough to be used with The Shield.