Backstage News On John Cena (Possible idea)

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Reaction score
Ryback suffering his first loss to Punk would be very good for him. The winning streak needs to end to humanize him and make him relatable. He needs a kryptonite. That kryptonite will be heelish shenanigans and tomfoolery.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
It is too soon to end the winning streak, they are just starting to make things interesting with him and to end it now would be very deflating. They need to drag it out for a couple more months and make their first match-up a much bigger occasion. It is too soon for him to make that jump and they have done a good job to start that slow build to the top for Ryback it would be a waste to ruin that by giving him that title shot too soon.

zigglerHEEL

Reaction score
It is too soon to end the winning streak, they are just starting to make things interesting with him and to end it now would be very deflating. They need to drag it out for a couple more months and make their first match-up a much bigger occasion. It is too soon for him to make that jump and they have done a good job to start that slow build to the top for Ryback it would be a waste to ruin that by giving him that title shot too soon.

I agree, so what do you think they should do if Cena can't go at HIAC, any other PPV they just go with a DQ finish but their hands are tied with HIAC

Undertaker

Reaction score
Here's how you do it, you amateurs:

When SuperCena does the 5 moves of Doom and puts Punk down for the 1,2... have all the lights in the arena go completely to black.

Then lower Black and White "Crow" Sting from the rafters on a wire and have him enter the cage and interfere in the match before the tv feed goes off the air.

(well, this is what I would do if I were Vince Russo, lol)
Yes, amateur. :hm:

I think that WWE have done well to build a few feuds up even if they are secondary to CM Punk's main rival John Cena. The only problem with throwing Ryback in as a replacement for Cena is that they would have to have him win. Ryback is looking like a monster and it would be so wrong of the company to job Ryback out to Punk. The only other alternative is to have Mick Foley step in and have a match with Punk at Hell in a Cell because no-one will care if Foley loses.

Schmidty

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
bobbyroode2
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
albertodelrio2
Favorite Wrestler
bige
Favorite Wrestler
sheamus2
Yes, amateur. :hm:

I think that WWE have done well to build a few feuds up even if they are secondary to CM Punk's main rival John Cena. The only problem with throwing Ryback in as a replacement for Cena is that they would have to have him win. Ryback is looking like a monster and it would be so wrong of the company to job Ryback out to Punk. The only other alternative is to have Mick Foley step in and have a match with Punk at Hell in a Cell because no-one will care if Foley loses.
If Ryback has to face punk then most likely punk will retain his title by DQ.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
DQ in a Hell in a Cell..?

Schmidty

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
bobbyroode2
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
albertodelrio2
Favorite Wrestler
bige
Favorite Wrestler
sheamus2

Mick Donalds

Banned
Reaction score
The only other alternative is to have Mick Foley step in and have a match with Punk at Hell in a Cell because no-one will care if Foley loses.

Please God NO. No more Foley. He's gone back on his word with all his false retirements so many times, he makes Flair's legacy tarnishing look mild in comparison.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
I only remember Foley actually retiring once and that was in '00. All the other times he just stopped wrestling but never said it'd be the end or anything. I'm not saying I'd like to see Foley/Punk though.

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
Oh trust me, Wigger Jorts will miraculously no-sell the Dr.'s recommendations and will magically get cleared just in time for his next meaningless 3 month title reign.

He hasn't been a wigger in years...

Regardless, I think that would probably turn out a lot better than a Ryback/Punk match. As much as I am really enjoying Ryback's work, I don't think he'd be able to pull off a good match with Punk right now. Cena is more than capable of doing that.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Cena/Punk would be a way better match, but I do see Cena winning, and I don't so much dread that happening as I dread this place when it does because people will start going off on how he's a shit wrestler and it's Super Cena bullshit.

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
Only if they do the Super Cena shit. If it's a good match, then I won't be too bothered. Was kind of hoping to see Punk beat Cena's reign though, simply because it would make for an excellent promo.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
If Cena wins at all, everyone will call it Super Cena shit because he'll go into the match with his arm still messed up, and the announcers will put over how miraculous it is that he won with it, if he does win.

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
Well yeah, I didn't like it when he did it at the Rumble, so I probably won't like it now. It's been done a bunch of times, although his Rumble entrance is the only real recent one I can think of.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Survivor Series 2008 against Chris Jericho.