Arrow (& Flash) Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
Started on Flash yesterday. On episode 9 now. Really enjoying it. Easily better than Arrow. It hit the ground running with a confidence that took Arrow a season+ to develop, and it isn't afraid to approach stuff that allows for more suspension of disbelief. Getting that Grodd hype.

Reactions: Trip in the Head

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Flash backdoored through Arrow just saying, without Arrow to set the groundwork for Gugenheim & Berlanti's success for the CW's DC universe Flash would've been non-existent as a TV series on CW, 100% guarantee that.. Calling it better is a slap in the face to the whole universe they've put together, it's merely different.. a matter of non metas vs metahumans.

Stopspot

Reaction score
Flash backdoored through Arrow just saying, without Arrow to set the groundwork for Gugenheim & Berlanti's success for the CW's DC universe Flash would've been non-existent as a TV series on CW, 100% guarantee that.. Calling it better is a slap in the face to the whole universe they've put together, it's merely different.. a matter of non metas vs metahumans.
What?

Flash might be born from Arrow, but Flash is still the better show.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
What?

Flash might be born from Arrow, but Flash is still the better show.

They're two different categories, comparing them makes no sense they're just too different in style.. You have your non-metahuman shows aka Arrow, Daredevil and Gotham and you have your meta-human shows aka Flash, MAoS and Smallville.

Stopspot

Reaction score
They're two different categories, comparing them makes no sense they're just too different in style.. You have your non-metahuman shows aka Arrow, Daredevil and Gotham and you have your meta-human shows aka Flash, MAoS and Smallville.
So that negates that Flash is better written, better packaged and better presented? No it does not. They are still both TV shows, and Flash imo is the superior one.

The writing is better, the characterization is better and it is all this whilst remaining true to the source material unlike Arrow, who borrows way too much from Batman.

Just because two shows are of different genrés doesn't mean one can not form an opinion on which is the better one.

Shows that are "too different" are compared all the time. Let's use wrestling as an example. WWE and ROH are completely different animals with different styles and different presentation, but they are still compared to each other and there are people saying that ROH is better and there are people saying that WWE is.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Uhh accuracy?

yeah... Caitlin Snow, Cisco Ramon and Harrison Wells never helped Barry Allen understand his powers.. Joe West in the show isn't that close to either of the two fathers that were Iris' father in the comics.. Iris is white.. yeah I mean there's A SHIT TON of inaccuracy in the Flash that don't come from any source material that they just decided to throw in. ( I have several others to throw out here too but given you haven't even finished the first season I will refrain from spoiling it ).

Arrow is definitely more accurate, even with having to adjust its' script per CW's request to backdoor Flash and The ATOM.

Just Kevin

All I can be is just Me!
Reaction score
Both shows are equal in my opinion because they are each better at different things.. Flash is lighter and somewhat comedic which lends itself brilliantly to the character of flash where Arrow is grittier and more serious (at least before Ray Palmer arrived) which fits Green Arrow perfectly... they both have equally entertaining teams/sidekicks and the stories in both series are well written and well acted. Arrow has remained closer to the source material than Flash.. it's the only real difference I see.

I see no argument valid toward either being better than the other.

Stopspot

Reaction score
Arrow is definitely more accurate, even with having to adjust its' script per CW's request to backdoor Flash and The ATOM.
Yeah both shows borrow from other DC comics, I'll give you that. But I still say that Flash's Barry Allen is a lot more true to Barry Allen than Arrow's Oliver Queen is to Oliver Queen.

I don't remember Green Arrow having the personality of Batman, or Batman villains when I read the comics.

Last edited:

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Yeah both shows borrow from other DC comics, I'll give you that. But I still say that Flash's Barry Allen is a lot more true to Barry Allen than Arrow's Oliver Queen is to Oliver Queen.

I don't remember Green Arrow having the personality of Batman, or Batman villains when I read the comics.

Personally I think CW's Barry Allen is more close in personality wise to Peter Parker, which Grant Gustin could've probably played very well.. From what I've seen in the show doesn't have the humbleness he did in the comics, as for his strong Morales and being family oriented that's pretty spot on.

The Green Arrow comics were very colorful with ink which may have thrown you off but he definitely got dark in many issues especially ones involving Merlyn and Count Vertigo.

dk2289

Jobber
Reaction score
I like Arrow and have watched a few of the episodes a few times over. Sometimes it can be very predictable or leave no real surprise for the next episode.

CFCrusader

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
Arrow seasons 1 and 2 were fantastic, then season 3 was ruined by the lack of any fight co-ordination and Marc Guggenheim thinking he should cram more Olicity instead of showing Laurel training to be able to fight League of Assassins... assassins and making them look like chumps, except for Ra's and even he was killed in a 1 minute long shit fight, all because he goes on Tumblr all the time. Then we have Flash which is legit 10/10 for me.

Season 4 of Arrow better drop the shit Olicity, because if Marc Guggenheim pops up with another moment like where Ray tells Felicity that everyone in Starling will die unless they forget about Oliver and unleash the cure, and Felicity replies with "What? Ray, no... Oliver!", I will just lose it. She was prepared to let all of Starling die and ruin Oliver's mission to save his city just so she could save one man's life. And how she was able to perfectly pilot The Atom's suit is beyond me. Oh, and Ray was a total bro. Gives Felicity his plane just after breaking up with her because she clearly wants Olly.

Just Kevin

All I can be is just Me!
Reaction score
Watched both and enjoyed both..

I don't understand why when Oliver was talking to Det. Lance and he referred to him being Arrow and he didn't deny it. Don't they have Aresenal locked up for claiming to be Arrow?