Are you serious? (Decided to watch TNA tonight)

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

monkeystyle

Reaction score
So it's not enough that a 15 minute Iron Man match is one of the stupidest ideas ever, and they are apparently incapable of showing such a match without a commercial, they go ahead and have one of the only (and maybe the winning, one minute left as of right now) pinfalls during the commercial break.

Idiotic.

monkeystyle

Reaction score
Okay it ended up being a tie. Still, one of the two pinfalls during the 15 minute iron man match took place during a commercial.

Hometown Kid

Reaction score
Yeah, it was gay.

Another thing that I hated was I actually appreciated it being a 15 minute match, since every TV Title match should have a 15 minute time limit. Once they added another 5 on though, it was obviously just Russo booking at it's worst to have such a short Ironman match. :nonono:

monkeystyle

Reaction score
Yeah, it was gay.

Another thing that I hated was I actually appreciated it being a 15 minute match, since every TV Title match should have a 15 minute time limit. Once they added another 5 on though, it was obviously just Russo booking at it's worst to have such a short Ironman match. :nonono:

I just think it would have been better to have the match as normal and have it go to the time limit. Maybe go for the extra time once or twice, then go to the iron man match at the ppv.

But since they did go with the match it should have been much faster paced with a few more rapid pinfalls kind of thing because it was only 15 minutes.

monkeystyle

Reaction score
On a positive note, that backstage fight between the two chicks I thought was pretty good. Lots of viciousness.

...god...

Reaction score
The 4vs4 tag match was awesome.

Reaction score
Yeah, I'm glad I went to a party instead of watching iMPACT!, seems I would have been horribly disappointed. I think if you're gonna have an Iron Man Match, it should be at least 30 minutes. Just my opinion.

Uncle Saucey

Reaction score
I was actually home and SOBER for once, turned it on, watched a half hour and turned it off... The two tootsies going at it wasn't bad. Too much Jerkoff and his promo's. I tried to watch, I honestly did...

Uncle Saucey

Reaction score
First mistake was watching TNA.

Gotta agree with you there... I try to be objective BUT we're talking Baldylocks & Jackoff so it's hard. In all fairness I turned off RAW after 40 minutes AND I was sober. Case in point, DRINK HEAVILY.......

nation

Reaction score
First mistake was watching TNA.

lol like watching the E isn't a mistake. When TNA has better booking you know you're absolute fucking shit. TNA still sucks just not as much as the E at the moment.

Reaction score
Not even saying this as a WWE fan, but there is much more entertainment value to be derived from WWE than TNA and it's not even close. Want to see the industry's up and coming talent, watch WWE. Want to see coherent storylines? Watch WWE. Want to see better matches, I'm sorry, but watch WWE. TNA has nothing going for it at all right now except for Jeff Jarrett getting some non-X-Pac heat for the first time in his career since the mid 90s. I don't even need to get into the mess that is TNA's single titles scenes. And I don't need to see the millionth match between MCMGs and either Beer Money or Generation Me.

...god...

Reaction score
Kinda have to agree with Enzo. WWE has formally surpassed TNA easily in every way, its talent is pretty much all being exposed at this point in some way, shape or form. It's way less of a clusterfuck than what's going on in TNA. I'm enjoying the Jeff Jarrett thing, I agree he's doing a good job, getting some heat. It would be fine, but TNA has once again made it fuck over Joe. Pope is doing God knows fucking what, has anyone honestly been paying attention to that? Clue me the fuck in. Wolfe's still not back, same with Magnus. No idea what Angle is doing, he shows up random weeks. I watch pretty much for Fourtune + Flair and Jeff Hardy, possibly RVD. AJ may be turning, so that may be worth seeing. The Knockouts shit isn't bad either, but not really worth mentioning, because.. come on, they're women.

Hometown Kid

Reaction score
I don't see much difference between TNA and WWE programming to be honest, besides WWE having production aces whereas TNA's are likely drugged up half the time. Each's product is bad in different ways. TBF they don't interest me as much, so perhaps if I cared more about looking at everything each company does, TNA might have a 10-1 bad thing/good thing ratio, compared to WWE's 8-1, but they both are what they are, and one company being better really doesn't mean much.

WWE makes much more money and has 100x smarter people running it though, so i'd give it to them on who's better, in the interest of fairness.

EDIT: Oh yeah, what the fuck is The Pope doing, and why is he with Orlando Jordan? Why is Orlando Jordan on TV anywhere? Screw what I said, TNA sucks way more.

nation

Reaction score
Not even saying this as a WWE fan, but there is much more entertainment value to be derived from WWE than TNA and it's not even close. Want to see the industry's up and coming talent, watch WWE. Want to see coherent storylines? Watch WWE. Want to see better matches, I'm sorry, but watch WWE. TNA has nothing going for it at all right now except for Jeff Jarrett getting some non-X-Pac heat for the first time in his career since the mid 90s. I don't even need to get into the mess that is TNA's single titles scenes. And I don't need to see the millionth match between MCMGs and either Beer Money or Generation Me.

Coherent storylines? The whole thing with Cena is the biggest piece of shit booking I've seen in a long time. The guy gets "fired" only to still run around on RAW when he is supposed to be fucking fired. So the writers realize how fucking worthless they are and how they will not pull off a decent storyline and they bring Cena back not even two months after he is "fired". Sorry but that was the worst major storyline I've seen in years. TNA is bad but not that bad. Was the Joe abduction shit stupid? Yes but at least they didn't run with it and produce an epic fail like the whole Cena/Nexus shit became. Fucking awful.

Now TNA sucks too, don't get me wrong but that shit was just pure fucking trash. It sucks too considering it started out interesting and it's really not that hard to make a worthy storyline out of the whole Cena getting fired angle. Fucking Santino and Kozlov are the tag team champions for christ's sake. The whole feud between Edge and Kane was fucking trash. Every god damn week it was a Blue cat and mouse game. I don't need to explain why fucking Kane shouldn't be around chasing Edge failing every time to get Bearer like a blueberry.

Many of the guys who should be getting the big push are jobbing and others are lost in the shuffle. DiBiase and McIntyre have become jobbers, talented guys have been released(now this always happens but the amount of talented guys released by the E in the past six months and year is ridiculous and yes TNA has lost a few stars so TNA is guilty of this as well), and then we have guys who are just lost like Rhodes, Swagger, etc.

I don't watch either TNA or the E anymore but from the last time I watched and from reading to keep up with it all, I much prefer TNA at the moment.