Are you serious? (Decided to watch TNA tonight)

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

...god...

Reaction score
If DiBiase had any say in on what theme he should use, which I think he did, he should continue to be buried into obscurity. Fuck him. You have like three good themes you can use and you choose some smurf 'hip-hop', R&B, auto-tune piece of shit.

nation

Reaction score
DiBiase was never good. He was better than Rhodes when he debuted but Rhodes has improved more than anyone else in the company in the last few years and DiBiase has always gone downhill. He was boring in Legacy and what gimmick he could have in singles competition has never been properly utilized. Also he never really got over well.

I'm no DiBiase mark or anything but the guy does have talent. Definitely upper midcard material and imo he has the talent to make it big. He has it all but he's been buried in the past 6 months. He was over nicely as a heel in Legacy during it's peak and during times when he had conflicts with Orton he had nice babyface pops but they never pulled the switch and when Legacy broke up it was too late to take advantage of those babyface moments. I recall him getting some heat when he first starting embracing his million dollar heritage and when he was with Virgil. Even if the guy doesn't have the talent to make it big though again imo he does, he is easily midcard talent and he shouldn't be buried like this. I figured it wouldn't last long and or it would result in a big turn with a big push but it hasn't. It doesn't even really make sense how he is still with Maryse after all the conflicts they had. As for the argument of DiBiase versus Rhodes, no doubt Rhodes is much better but DiBiase does have the talent to be a big star.

If DiBiase had any say in on what theme he should use, which I think he did, he should continue to be buried into obscurity. Fuck him. You have like three good themes you can use and you choose some smurf 'hip-hop', R&B, auto-tune piece of shit.

If he actually hand picked his theme song then yes he definitely should be buried deep into the fucking ground but with the pairing of Maryse and her whole character, I think they changed up his theme to fit the new duo. Whoever even suggested it should die a slow painful death.

seX-Power

Reaction score
DiBiase isn't good enough to be a midcard staple either. Pretty much all midcarders in the WWE atm are more interesting and wrestle better. By the way, the heat you heard him getting in Legacy was thanks to Randy Orton and so was whatever mediocre face pops he was getting during their conflicts.

Airfixx

Reaction score
"Sex_Power said:
When something is pretty much better than another thing in almost every single way and you favour it, then I'm pretty sure it's not being biased.

LOL... Quite.
Guess you got out debated.

By you? ...In this thread? ...Hardly!!!

I just chose not to clutter the board up repetition.

Not ONE single point I've seen you raise here has stood up to even mild debate.

As for your further ramblings about Dibiase and such in the tail end of this thread... Seriously, just stfu.... You're embarrassing yourself by citing 2nd and 3rd hand opinions about a show you say you don't watch.

Airfixx

Reaction score

LOL.... So true!!!

nation

Reaction score

LOL... Quite.

By you? ...In this thread? ...Hardly!!!

I just chose not to clutter the board up repetition.

Not ONE single point I've seen you raise here has stood up to even mild debate.

As for your further ramblings about Dibiase and such in the tail end of this thread... Seriously, just stfu.... You're embarrassing yourself by citing 2nd and 3rd hand opinions about a show you say you don't watch.

Again thinking too highly of yourself. I don't need to fucking watch the shitty product to know. I do occasionally catch parts of the shows and I read the results. It tells me what happens. Kind of nice to know what happens without having to watch the product. You're embarrassing yourself by having stupid arguments like this. I know what's happening, I don't need to watch the shitty product to know. It's called the internet, very convenient. I was already brutally honest pointing out the advantages and disadvantages of both companies in my opinion and I never labeled them as facts. I don't feel the need to argue about something that's pointless. You made some nice points and you should learn to listen to your respective individuals points instead of ignoring them, avoiding them and putting words that people don't say in there mouth. Try to work that, it will do you wonders in the future.

Airfixx

Reaction score
You see, you say you don't need to watch TV to keep up with the product, yet the inaccuracies and straight up wrong-ness of your posts PROVE otherwise.

As for my opinion of myself... Don't see where that comes into any of my posts in either of these on-going debates with you). This is about our individual assesments of the finer points of a TV show which one of us watches, whilst the other doesn't.

Friendly advice: I'd just put me on ignore, cos there's nothing that makes it to the top of my 'shit list' quicker than a smark who repeatedly criticises a show without actually watching it.

nation

Reaction score
You see, you say you don't need to watch TV to keep up with the product, yet the inaccuracies and straight up wrong-ness of your posts PROVE otherwise.

As for my opinion of myself... Don't see where that comes into any of my posts in either of these on-going debates with you). This is about our individual assesments of the finer points of a TV show which one of us watches, whilst the other doesn't.

Friendly advice: I'd just put me on ignore, cos there's nothing that makes it to the top of my 'shit list' quicker than a smark who repeatedly criticises a show without actually watching it.

I don't recall having any inaccuracies. Just pointing out opinions, statements, facts, etc. Pointing out facts like how the rating for SD has slipped since the move to SyFy, how the MEM was years ago, DiBiase is jobbing, and all of my opinions and statements.

Why would I block you? lol. You can hate me all you want. I do consider you to be one of the best posters on this forum and you made some good points, you just need to frankly stop making shit up and putting words into the mouth of who you debate with. It's been fun debating with you regardless of a few frustrating times where you make shit up or assume I meant the wrong thing. It brings activity to the forum.

Montana

Reaction score
Sooo I made the mistake of watching TNA tonight. It's so painful to watch. They can't even get heels and faces right anymore, and when you are pushing Matt Morgan as a top star your promotion is in trouble. It doesn't even feel like a wrestling show anymore. It's a 20 minute Immortal / Fortune promo to start the show every week, and every time it's practically pointless. The Joe vs. Pope feud is just too typical. It's getting harder and harder to defend the product, and find something positive in this mess of an organization. This could even be worse than the late WCW days.

Axis

Reaction score
Ted Jr is HORRIBLE.

Veritas

Reaction score
Hardy having a major heel run and getting over as a heel,

Where's the proof that Hardy having a "major" heel run is a positive thing for TNA? Sure, he's getting loud heel reactions in the iMPACT Zone but those are, in all honesty, conditioned fans who go along with what TNA does for the most part. On the road though he's still getting face reactions. And house show business has actually decreased since his turn. It's been months since his turn and people are still confused. TNA managed to take a proven draw and ruin it.

As for the DiBiase debate - the guy is a joke. I get reading results and being able to follow storylines but those don't give you the ins and outs, how someone's match came off, how someone's promo looked, etc. If you've actually been watching DiBiase's promos, how can you really say they're any good? He always sounds overly rehearsed and I'm just never convinced he means anything he's saying. He has nowhere near the presence his father did. It's like he's not even into his gimmick. He couldn't even make it look like he was actually attracted to Maryse. Ted certainly looked like he had potential when he debuted but, since then, he hasn't shown much progression or improvement IMO.

monkeystyle

Reaction score
Actually the only thing you get from reading recaps of the show is someone else's opinion. So in truth this isn't even Nation's opinion, he's just parroting what someone else reported on.

Reaction score
Sooo I made the mistake of watching TNA tonight. It's so painful to watch. They can't even get heels and faces right anymore, and when you are pushing Matt Morgan as a top star your promotion is in trouble. It doesn't even feel like a wrestling show anymore. It's a 20 minute Immortal / Fortune promo to start the show every week, and every time it's practically pointless. The Joe vs. Pope feud is just too typical. It's getting harder and harder to defend the product, and find something positive in this mess of an organization. This could even be worse than the late WCW days.

I've been saying it for over a year and a half, Morgan is absolute, 100% GARBAGE. GARBAGE. I think they are pushing him because they realized how badly they missed the boat with a guy of similar size who was actually getting over and was actually fun to watch in the ring' that being Tomko. I don't know what else to say about this guy, I will admit, he is one of the people I just love going out of my way, like I am now, to trash. Whatever happened to all his lovers that seemed to swarm to his defense when I'd trash this guy. He's the President of the "I really suck, but for some reason people think I have a successful future in front of me, I just need to be put in the right position" club and his vice president is Dolph Ziggler. They ride in Alberto Del Rio's cars.

nation

Reaction score
Where's the proof that Hardy having a "major" heel run is a positive thing for TNA? Sure, he's getting loud heel reactions in the iMPACT Zone but those are, in all honesty, conditioned fans who go along with what TNA does for the most part. On the road though he's still getting face reactions. And house show business has actually decreased since his turn. It's been months since his turn and people are still confused. TNA managed to take a proven draw and ruin it.

As for the DiBiase debate - the guy is a joke. I get reading results and being able to follow storylines but those don't give you the ins and outs, how someone's match came off, how someone's promo looked, etc. If you've actually been watching DiBiase's promos, how can you really say they're any good? He always sounds overly rehearsed and I'm just never convinced he means anything he's saying. He has nowhere near the presence his father did. It's like he's not even into his gimmick. He couldn't even make it look like he was actually attracted to Maryse. Ted certainly looked like he had potential when he debuted but, since then, he hasn't shown much progression or improvement IMO.

It's interesting. Obviously Hardy has been a well know face his entire career but now he's taking the big turn to a heel. In that respect I see it as positive. It's something interesting regardless of how it's turning out and well turn out. Certainly Hardy vs. RVD could do some good for TNA as well as feuds with Anderson, Joe and The Pope. Now a face Hardy feuding with any of those guys would obviously be strange and not following the tradition of face vs. heel. I don't see how potential future feuds with any of those guys being a negative....

I'm going to say this once more. I do occasionally catch parts of RAW, SD, and Impact and it hasn't been long since I stopped watching wrestling. Could I be more informed? Yes, sure but I know what's going on. It's not like I'm arguing the quality of matches lately, that would be ridiculous. I did see the entire Nexus/Cena storyline up until a few weeks after Cena was "fired". That's how recent. I saw the cat and mouse segments with Edge and Kane. DiBiase is a joke now. He isn't meant to look like a strong convincing heel. It doesn't help his case that he is still involved with Maryse. It's been this way for quite sometime now. It's kind of hard to buy or sell a strong convincing heel promo from Ted at the moment.

Axis

Reaction score
It has nothing to do with how he's being bought and sold. It has to do with the fact that he's not a good wrestler, and he hasn't been since he debuted. TRUST ME I READ THE RESULTS TO HIS MATCHES.