Are you satisfied with WrestleMania?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Are you satisfied with the outcome of WrestleMania 25?

• Yes, it was pretty good.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Okay. Nothing much really.

• NO. It was garbage.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

LKP

Im not satisfied with wm25. It was alright but cmon biggest ppv of the year and a 1/4 century old? Taker vs hbk was match of the night and year easily but that saved Wm 25. Mitb didn't go as long as i wanted it to and it wasn't as good but still passable. Kid rock sucks balls along with divas battle royal and cena vs edge vs show. Where was edge's wrestling in that match? Hes gone shit!!!

TK.GFX

Reaction score
I really didn't find WrestleMania to be that bad. Yes, there's a few things that I didn't like, but I was still entertained for most of the four hours.

It might just be because I'm a mark for ladder matches, but I thought Money in The Bank was very good this year. Kofi climbing up the ladder that Henry was holding was amazing, and Shelton's dive was just insane. I really thought Christian had it when he stopped himself on the top rope, great moment. I guess I'm about the only one that doesn't mind Punk winning it again.

After MITB though, some stuff started popping up that I didn't like. Did we really need to see Kid fucking Rock? Was his mini-concert really more important then the TAG TITLES BEING UNIFIED?! (Too add to that, the wrong team won the tag match). The womens battle royal...Lets just say that I wouldn't have minded if this had been pulled from the card instead.

Steamboat's performance made the handicap match awesome for me. I was not expecting much from this match, but Steamboat surprised the hell out of me. It made Piper and Snuka seem like they were an unneeded speed bump in the match, we had to waist some time getting them out of there before we could mark out for Dragon. I didn't really mind the post-match with Rourke, but...Well, nothing special...

The Extreme Rules match was awesome. I know, I just can't help but be a fan of the Hardy's. Loved the spots they pulled out in this one, and damn, what a finish.

I've seen some people complain about the IC title match, but it worked for me. Not much to say about it. Maybe we'll end up getting a second-long match every year at Mania now. Congrats, Chavo, you've started a tradition.

I can't say much more about Taker/Michaels that hasn't already been said. Awesome match, definite match of the year candidate.

The triple threat was not a bad match at all. I enjoyed it. Cena's legdrop to the outside, Show going threw the barricade, Cena being speared in midair, and Cena picking picking up both Show and Edge were all great spots imo. I wasn't sure what to expect from this match going in, so I'm quite pleased with how it turned out.

And the main event...I tried so hard to get into this match as I was watching it, but it just wasn't that special. They put the "Get DQ'd and lose the title" stips on Trips, but then they went out there and tried to have a No DQ like brawl. And half of the time, the ref was even treating it like a No DQ match. I thought it started out promising with them hitting their finishers early, and out of no-where, but it just dragged on from there, and ended up with Trips completly owning Orton. And not in a good way imo. They couldn't have Orton get in one last move before Trips took him out? Come on.

Overall, there's a few things I didn't like (Like taking out the god damn tag match!!!), but I still thought it was an enjoyable WrestleMania.

1chiban

Reaction score
The biggest disappointment of the night was the Orton-HHH match. I was going in thinking it could be a brilliant, intense match. Was a dull brawl in the end with an underwhelming finish that left the crowd dead.

LKP

I guess I'm about the only one that doesn't mind Punk winning it again.

I'm a cm punk fan hence legendkillerpunk name lol. Punk winning it twice means something doesn't it? i dunno what, either wwe really like Cm punk or he will cash it in very very soon.

monkeystyle

Reaction score
I'm in the middle. I was really tired when I watched it so that may have been a factor.

No tag titles on the main show was terrible. The fact that the Colons won makes it even worse. The two of them are nothing. Sure they may be okay wrestlers (can't stand Carlito tbh and Primo has nothing going on at all) but they aren't the ones to focus a new tag division on.

CM Punk winning is okay. I was taken off guard by that but as long as he loses when he cashes in I'll be happy.

Kid Rock should go and try and find some talent and maybe an original song or two.

I am really glad Jericho won. Rourke at the end was incredibly awkward and made me very glad the original plans fell through.

Matt and Jeff was entertaining for a car crash and tbh every time Jeff Hardy loses I get a smile on my face.

Not even going to talk about JBL/Mysterio beyond saying 'stupid'.

Undertaker and HBK saved this damn thing for me. I was ready to go to bed and watch the rest today but they kicked so much ass in there that they woke me right up and kept me watching the rest of the show. Simply amazing.

Cena won, big surprise. I was hoping for a surprise Big Show win but Cena isn't a bad choice at all.

Now contrary to popular opinion I liked the Orton/HHH match. Most because the worst wrestler in the WWE lost and that alone made me happy I stayed up and I went to bed with a smile on my face.

LKP

Could anyone see the logic in cena not being able to Suplex the big show. But picked up edge and show on his shoulders for the Fu? Utterly fucking stupid, superman my ass.

Wordlife

^if he would've FU'ed them both... that would have been fucking SICK!!!

I knew he was going to win, and damnnnnnnnnn happy that he did :D

Great One

You horribly misunderstood that, TDK. I wasn't saying they DID effect how I viewed the PPV. If they did, I'd be saying the PPV is bad now. What i was saying is that it's strange how the thought of it being bad didnt even cross my mind til I came on here, because I fully expected everyone else would've liked it as much as I did. I was giving an example of how much contrast there can be in opinions, when one person (me) can view it as an amazing PPV, and another person )you, for example) can view it as shit). I'm not saying what people said here changed my mind. It didn't. As you can see, I still think it was a great PPV.
How is that strange? People want different people to win, just like any sporting event. For example, I would have liked anyone else to win the MITB than CM Punk again.

Like SP said, it didn't look like a WM card and it delivered what it looked to, so in a sense it was what was expected.

Watching the PPV on/with IWF shouldn't dictate what you think of the PPV. If anything, when I see the blueberries yell "LOL BOTCH" "OMG FAIL" in the shoutbox, it just makes me think how big of overanalytical dipshits some of the kids on here are about wrestling. I don't need someone to TELL me the show wasn't really that great, or that the Austin thing, while 'memorable,' was anticlimactic, etc.

1chiban

Reaction score
There were an abnormal number of botches mind you...

Wordlife

yeah.. there was, I don't think they trained well for wrestlemania this year

monkeystyle

Reaction score
Watching John Cena win and being greeted by a shitload of “Cena hateâ€￾ which is REALLY getting old is much more annoying then just watching Cena win without anyone bitching.

He's the new HHH. I still don't like Cena personally but fuck I don't have a hate on for him.

There were an abnormal number of botches mind you...

yeah.. there was, I don't think they trained well for wrestlemania this year

Or it was just nerves, which is natural.

Wordlife

^I agree with the nerves aspect, but there usually isn't many botches and missed moves at Wrestlemania though... maybe just this year. Cause even the commentator team kinda f'ed up a bit and stuttered, and King almost said Fuck but he said he freakin all sudden about it... I guess your right

1chiban

Reaction score
Everything did seem nervy. Orton seemed really nervous. Lots of blatant misses too. Triple H's punches at the end were really sloppy and the punt got nowhere near him :D

C4

The biggest disappointment of the night was the Orton-HHH match. I was going in thinking it could be a brilliant, intense match. Was a dull brawl in the end with an underwhelming finish that left the crowd dead.

So true.

I was expecting a brutal bloodbath, something similar to Batista vs. Triple H from WrestleMania 21.

MikeRaw

Now that you mention it C4 (and 1chiban), that is something they could've used. I kidna mentioned it earlier, that I would've liked to see HHH use the weapon anyway, but now that you menion it, I really wish he had. They should've brought the sledgehammer into play more (not just that one shot) and also had a bit more of a beatdown. I still stand by my saying that it was a good PPV, and I was pleased with it, but the lack of beating/brutality in the final match is another thing to add to my disappointment list.