Anyone else...

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Reaction score
The best analogy I can draw with people wanting the PG stuff to end is like when you're watching a horror movie. Even though the plot might suck and you know what's going to happen, you can still enjoy it because there's sex and violence.

Reaction score
The best analogy I can draw with people wanting the PG stuff to end is like when you're watching a horror movie. Even though the plot might suck and you know what's going to happen, you can still enjoy it because there's sex and violence.

monkeystyle

Reaction score

Then this is the problem not the rating.

monkeystyle

Reaction score

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2

No, they have a couple decent plots right now, but those plots require more than what the PG rating will allow these guys to do. The first attack Nexus did on Cena was so crazy, because they went absolutely nuts doing all kinds of shit to all kinds of people. Now, they're being restrained and we're seeing similar, watered down attacks (albeit on people of important stature) week after week.

I mean, I don't personally NEED any PG-14 or Rated-R shit going on... the in-ring shit is nice right now. But a mix-up with a random hardcore match or streetfight, some good spots... would really increase the level of excitement on the shows. I'm so sick of seeing guys do everything they can to avoid possibly busting their opponent open for fear they'd have blood on the programming. I don't like seeing attacks where you can get the use of the ring-bell, or chairs... and never use 'em.

This is why MMA exceeds... MMA is a sport based on respect and working your way up the ladder. Professional Wrestling is about feuds, and keeping guys down, and occasionally going outside of the ring to prove your dominance. Sheamus to me, would be a whole hell of a lot more entertaining in some hardcore matches from time to time... he's just got that vibe to him. Cena vs. Batista had opportunities to cross the line and they absolutely ignored it. When I hear "ass" censored on a WWE Pay-Per-View... when I've heard worse out of the children on The Sandlot on TBS... it makes me really want to stop wasting my time with wrestling. If you want to drop the (not overly excessive) profanity, don't run promos where you're trying to sell a guy as a hardass.

Just sayin', a few more spots here and there, letting the leash go just a bit... would really increase the value of WWE, and some of the decent storylines that ended up being garbage because they couldn't cross those lines.

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2

No, they have a couple decent plots right now, but those plots require more than what the PG rating will allow these guys to do. The first attack Nexus did on Cena was so crazy, because they went absolutely nuts doing all kinds of shit to all kinds of people. Now, they're being restrained and we're seeing similar, watered down attacks (albeit on people of important stature) week after week.

I mean, I don't personally NEED any PG-14 or Rated-R shit going on... the in-ring shit is nice right now. But a mix-up with a random hardcore match or streetfight, some good spots... would really increase the level of excitement on the shows. I'm so sick of seeing guys do everything they can to avoid possibly busting their opponent open for fear they'd have blood on the programming. I don't like seeing attacks where you can get the use of the ring-bell, or chairs... and never use 'em.

This is why MMA exceeds... MMA is a sport based on respect and working your way up the ladder. Professional Wrestling is about feuds, and keeping guys down, and occasionally going outside of the ring to prove your dominance. Sheamus to me, would be a whole hell of a lot more entertaining in some hardcore matches from time to time... he's just got that vibe to him. Cena vs. Batista had opportunities to cross the line and they absolutely ignored it. When I hear "ass" censored on a WWE Pay-Per-View... when I've heard worse out of the children on The Sandlot on TBS... it makes me really want to stop wasting my time with wrestling. If you want to drop the (not overly excessive) profanity, don't run promos where you're trying to sell a guy as a hardass.

Just sayin', a few more spots here and there, letting the leash go just a bit... would really increase the value of WWE, and some of the decent storylines that ended up being garbage because they couldn't cross those lines.

JurassicBonez

Reaction score

I don't really agree that it's the PG rating making me feel the way I do now about WWE, but you have a point here. After that 1st Nexus attack, what happened? It got people talking. It was over rated with the best segment ever crap, but it got many people talking. They were told to go out and raise hell and they did it well. What else happened? Someone was fired for reportedly being too rough. You gota imagine that there are guys who are now scared to do things thinking it maybe too rough. Danielson did what he was told to do and got fired for it. You don't know what's too over the top til after you do it. So now, I imagine people are going to take it lighter considering what happened after the 1st Nexus attack.

JurassicBonez

Reaction score

I don't really agree that it's the PG rating making me feel the way I do now about WWE, but you have a point here. After that 1st Nexus attack, what happened? It got people talking. It was over rated with the best segment ever crap, but it got many people talking. They were told to go out and raise hell and they did it well. What else happened? Someone was fired for reportedly being too rough. You gota imagine that there are guys who are now scared to do things thinking it maybe too rough. Danielson did what he was told to do and got fired for it. You don't know what's too over the top til after you do it. So now, I imagine people are going to take it lighter considering what happened after the 1st Nexus attack.

MizMasta3000

Reaction score

Obviously you didn't see the attack on Ricky Steamboat, Hayes, IRS, King, Arn and Malenko...

MizMasta3000

Reaction score

Obviously you didn't see the attack on Ricky Steamboat, Hayes, IRS, King, Arn and Malenko...

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2

Obviously I did if I included "(albeit on people of important stature)"... and also because I started the Raw Discussion for last week and went on with LadyHotrod about how I was enjoying the attack...

...it was still very tame and lame. The only thing they did that really had any "edginess" to it was when they rammed AA into the ringpost.

I'm just saying, let's imagine these guys circling the ring with chairs... slidin' in and lettin' their prey watch around the ring... THAT would be an attack that would shake the WWE. A bunch of guys just swinging fists? All I think is, "wait until the E gets a bunch of guys together to go toe to toe with 'em............ numbers not in their favor, they'll be squashed", and I'm sure that thought runs through the mind of every fan in the E. You give these guys something of a REAL advantage even when the numbers are matched up... then you have fans who see these guys as the intimidating, impressive stable they should be.

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2

Obviously I did if I included "(albeit on people of important stature)"... and also because I started the Raw Discussion for last week and went on with LadyHotrod about how I was enjoying the attack...

...it was still very tame and lame. The only thing they did that really had any "edginess" to it was when they rammed AA into the ringpost.

I'm just saying, let's imagine these guys circling the ring with chairs... slidin' in and lettin' their prey watch around the ring... THAT would be an attack that would shake the WWE. A bunch of guys just swinging fists? All I think is, "wait until the E gets a bunch of guys together to go toe to toe with 'em............ numbers not in their favor, they'll be squashed", and I'm sure that thought runs through the mind of every fan in the E. You give these guys something of a REAL advantage even when the numbers are matched up... then you have fans who see these guys as the intimidating, impressive stable they should be.

MizMasta3000

Reaction score
So just because they aren't using weapons, it's a "watered-down" attack?

MizMasta3000

Reaction score
So just because they aren't using weapons, it's a "watered-down" attack?

CMS

Reaction score
Let's hit some chair shots on legends and coincidentally on a guy who needed to be hospitalized just days after, just showing you how in great shape they all are. Sure, that sounds like an idea.