Anyone else...

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

MizMasta3000

Reaction score
A huge part of the creativity that is missing is predictability. I think that once WWE stops thinking all of their fans are blueberries, they should shake things up. I shouldn't be able to predict an entire PPV.

...god...

Reaction score
I pretty much only semi-watch TNA.

...god...

Reaction score
I pretty much only semi-watch TNA.

straight_edge76

Reaction score
The PG rating is irrelevant. 2002 - 2003 Raw wasn't PG and it was just as awful as it was in 2009. It's about a lack of creativity. Smackdown usually has one or two solid matches a week, so I see no reason not to watch it. NXT as well.

I have to agree with this statement. The rating of the show doesn't have anything to do with the product. At times the PG WWE was imo a better product in the ring than the non-PG. I typically don't watch all of RAW anyways. Rarely do I find myself watching all 2 hours and 10 minutes or whatever run over time it is without flipping to ESPN or something occasionally atleast on commercials. It gets boring at times. I watch Smackdown and at times NXT much more consistantly and without interruption. I am seriously getting bored with RAW, everything about it, the Nexus, Sheamus, Cena is all meh. Bourne getting pushed is nice but I am not sold on it being a permanet push or kind of a push for a few weeks then nothing.

Edit- However I do fucking love the way Orton and Miz are being booked, absoluely FLAWLESS (no LayCool refernce plz)

straight_edge76

Reaction score
The PG rating is irrelevant. 2002 - 2003 Raw wasn't PG and it was just as awful as it was in 2009. It's about a lack of creativity. Smackdown usually has one or two solid matches a week, so I see no reason not to watch it. NXT as well.

I have to agree with this statement. The rating of the show doesn't have anything to do with the product. At times the PG WWE was imo a better product in the ring than the non-PG. I typically don't watch all of RAW anyways. Rarely do I find myself watching all 2 hours and 10 minutes or whatever run over time it is without flipping to ESPN or something occasionally atleast on commercials. It gets boring at times. I watch Smackdown and at times NXT much more consistantly and without interruption. I am seriously getting bored with RAW, everything about it, the Nexus, Sheamus, Cena is all meh. Bourne getting pushed is nice but I am not sold on it being a permanet push or kind of a push for a few weeks then nothing.

Edit- However I do fucking love the way Orton and Miz are being booked, absoluely FLAWLESS (no LayCool refernce plz)

MizMasta3000

Reaction score
Well as far as Bourne goes, not too may go from being a jobber to putting on 3 straight clinics with Chris Fucking Jericho (winning 2 of those times. Once at a PPV). I think Bournes push is nice and solid.

MizMasta3000

Reaction score
Well as far as Bourne goes, not too may go from being a jobber to putting on 3 straight clinics with Chris Fucking Jericho (winning 2 of those times. Once at a PPV). I think Bournes push is nice and solid.

Reaction score
I stopped watching like five months back.

You're right, it's the same old shit over and over again. It has become so predictable, repetitive and childish. You always know what's going to happen and who's going to win. Nothing interesting and fresh either, same old stuff.

Reaction score
I stopped watching like five months back.

You're right, it's the same old shit over and over again. It has become so predictable, repetitive and childish. You always know what's going to happen and who's going to win. Nothing interesting and fresh either, same old stuff.

CMS

Reaction score
WWE is predictable...yet when you get the outcome of the main events wrong, you start bitching about how it was the wrong booking decision. Sometimes I just don't get it with you people. You go out of your way to claim the aspect that matters the most is the in ring wrestling, which has indeed gotten better now because WWE has a lot more talent in their hands, yet you crucify WWE for the other part of their product, the entertaining part. PG? PG has nothing to do with the product. Sure, there's no swearing, and swearing would make confrontations more realistic for example. Then again, if you're watching WWE and realism is one of the factors you take into account to enjoy the show, you're watching the wrong line of entertaiment.

The thing I agree with people is the lack of buzz the product creates. Taker's storyline, at least to me, is way too cheesy and something they came up last minute, and the NXT deal was buzz worthy when they started, but they have been in steady mode for about 2 weeks, and in a world where people have no patience whatsoever to let an angle develop, it makes it lose some steam.

There is only one real problem with the product right now: Gimmick PPVs. It was fun when they started, but now their effect is hampering the product. Edge vs Orton has not gotten the chance to develop for example. They have had to build their feud around Fatal Four Ways and now MITB. Jericho vs Evan Bourne could have been a nice undercard match for the coming PPV, but now their confrontations get scrapped in favor of the new gimmick.

CMS

Reaction score
WWE is predictable...yet when you get the outcome of the main events wrong, you start bitching about how it was the wrong booking decision. Sometimes I just don't get it with you people. You go out of your way to claim the aspect that matters the most is the in ring wrestling, which has indeed gotten better now because WWE has a lot more talent in their hands, yet you crucify WWE for the other part of their product, the entertaining part. PG? PG has nothing to do with the product. Sure, there's no swearing, and swearing would make confrontations more realistic for example. Then again, if you're watching WWE and realism is one of the factors you take into account to enjoy the show, you're watching the wrong line of entertaiment.

The thing I agree with people is the lack of buzz the product creates. Taker's storyline, at least to me, is way too cheesy and something they came up last minute, and the NXT deal was buzz worthy when they started, but they have been in steady mode for about 2 weeks, and in a world where people have no patience whatsoever to let an angle develop, it makes it lose some steam.

There is only one real problem with the product right now: Gimmick PPVs. It was fun when they started, but now their effect is hampering the product. Edge vs Orton has not gotten the chance to develop for example. They have had to build their feud around Fatal Four Ways and now MITB. Jericho vs Evan Bourne could have been a nice undercard match for the coming PPV, but now their confrontations get scrapped in favor of the new gimmick.

sharkboy 3:16

Reaction score
I've actually been watching quite alot the past month and I've enjoyed more then I usually would, the past month has been the best of the year thus far imo. I don't know if thats because I had a break then came back to watching or if the booking has been better but its kept me watching for the month. The past RAW was pretty lame but its still left me wanting to watch to find out who the new GM is, I also want to see what they can do with the Nexus, whether they completly screw them up or make them huge. They've also had Kane doing alot with the whole Undertaker storyline, we have two new champs, Sheamus who I didn't predict to win and was a good decision but also Rey Mysterio who I thought would never get the title back, I'm not saying they should have put the belt on Rey but nobody saw it coming.

The next PPV is MITB, it could either be a big success or a huge fail, two big ladder matches on one PPV might not be good, and two guys with a briefcase might be a little much but it could still be interesting. Not sure why you guys feel its too bad right now, I actually think theyve been doing better lately then they have been all year.

sharkboy 3:16

Reaction score
I've actually been watching quite alot the past month and I've enjoyed more then I usually would, the past month has been the best of the year thus far imo. I don't know if thats because I had a break then came back to watching or if the booking has been better but its kept me watching for the month. The past RAW was pretty lame but its still left me wanting to watch to find out who the new GM is, I also want to see what they can do with the Nexus, whether they completly screw them up or make them huge. They've also had Kane doing alot with the whole Undertaker storyline, we have two new champs, Sheamus who I didn't predict to win and was a good decision but also Rey Mysterio who I thought would never get the title back, I'm not saying they should have put the belt on Rey but nobody saw it coming.

The next PPV is MITB, it could either be a big success or a huge fail, two big ladder matches on one PPV might not be good, and two guys with a briefcase might be a little much but it could still be interesting. Not sure why you guys feel its too bad right now, I actually think theyve been doing better lately then they have been all year.

torvar

Reaction score
I still watch wrestling as a whole. But the WWE has gone down hill with their we're going to be PG programing. It's annoying to watch for me cause I've been watching wrestling cence 1980. Right now I feel TNA has a better show as well as ROH and the new Lucha Libre comming soon on MTV2 even looks better than what the WWE is putting out.

torvar

Reaction score
I still watch wrestling as a whole. But the WWE has gone down hill with their we're going to be PG programing. It's annoying to watch for me cause I've been watching wrestling cence 1980. Right now I feel TNA has a better show as well as ROH and the new Lucha Libre comming soon on MTV2 even looks better than what the WWE is putting out.