Anyone else think...

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

TheOneKnownAsFetter

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole
That the TNA HoF right now is a complete joke?

I mean yes I can kind of understand Sting being the first in, with his track record being with TNA since 2003 sporadically up until present time; Ill give them that one.

Kurt Angle this year? Come on now. I can name a few people who should honestly be in before Kurt Angle, who is a newer addition to their roster.

- AJ Styles
- Samoa Joe
- Christopher Daniels
- Double J

Anyone else you can think of?

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
The issue that TNA has with their HOF is the fact that even though they have been around for over a decade the majority of the guys that deserve to go in are still active wrestlers. I don't know if it is just me but I don't like active wrestlers going into the HOF at all, it should be someone that they are rewarded with once they have completely finished their in ring career. I get that TNA wanted to do something big for their tenth anniversary but in hindsight they should have waited until the 15th at least.

I don't know how they can continue to ignore Jeff Jarrett for the HOF, he definitely should have gone in this year ahead of Kurt Angle. They need to keep going at one inductee a year for a few more years until some more of the originals start retiring, otherwise every third or fourth wrestler wrestling on Impact each week will be HOFer.

I think that the next three inductees should be;

Jeff Jarrett
AJ Styles
America's Most Wanted

Weez

Reaction score
Well, I thought the idea was a joke to begin with. How do you have a Hall of Fame for a 10 year old company? Just sound ridiculous. Yes, Sting is deserving (and should be retired by now. I would assume they figured he would be by now lol). I would say the same for Angle. I KNOW they're doing it just to be the first one to induct Angle. You know the WWE's going to put a ring on him eventually.

I gotta go with Troy. Jeff Jarrett, for a TNA HOF, is a no-brainer, and should've been the 1st one.

Killz

Reaction score
Thing with TNA is, 10+ years is a stupidly long time for a wrestling company in reality. That SHOULD have been enough time to become a major player but it hasn't. On the other hand it's more than enough time to reward certain superstars with a spot on the wall and a pat on the back. Sting is fine, yeah. AJ would be ok. JJ is a must. Angle...eh, I too don't like seeing active superstars, who you'd expect to be main eventing for a couple more years, put in the Hall so I don't like it. Beyond that no-one has resonated outside of the company in the media really, no-one has grown the company or ratings, no-one has innovated in the main event spot...what do you do? Put the Cowboy in. Then Christian for some ratings? Then Joe for "biggest letdown of a career when plotted against his potential ever"? They will run on empty because they don't create new stars.

Hogan will end up in in 2 years time I think and then we can all really throw the towel in.

TheOneKnownAsFetter

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole
I agree Troy AMW is a definite for what they brought to the ring & for honesty keeping a otherwise dead tag division alive. I doubt that JJ can't be denied too much longer. Wouldn't surprise me if he was next year's inductee. Knowing TNA though they"ll prob go with Jeff Hardy or wait to see if Flair comes off his contract with the E.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Jerry motherfuckin' Jarrett is who I've been saying should have been the first inducted for two years now.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Yeah them even having a HOF this early in their existence is a joke in itself really. At the earliest should have waited to do it when they were 20 years deep but then again they might not be around by then. Jerry Jarrett I agree should have been the first induction if not him then Jeff Jarrett. Them making Sting the first guy to me was just their attempt to make Sting come off as more important than he actually is to TNA.

Schmidty

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
bobbyroode2
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
albertodelrio2
Favorite Wrestler
bige
Favorite Wrestler
sheamus2
I think they only put angle in there because it is said that he may retire from pro wrestling in the next couple of years. But I would agree with Jeff Jarret and Styles being in there. No doubt that they are two tna legends.

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
I still laugh at the fact that they do have a HoF. The only reason Sting got in is because TNA wanted to be the first ones to have him in their HoF. The whole thing is a joke.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Not too sure about Jerry Jarrett going in, yes he co-founded it with Jeff but did he play a bigger role in the company than Jeff? Jeff did the backstage stuff plus was the main draw and the consistent performer in the mainevent for years. I would argue that Dusty Rhodes played a role just as big as Jerry Jarrett in the early years since he was the head booker and he was the one that pushed the X-Division and made it a focal point early on making TNA an alternative. Plus if Jeff hasn't gone in yet I doubt Jerry will.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Not too sure about Jerry Jarrett going in, yes he co-founded it with Jeff but did he play a bigger role in the company than Jeff? Jeff did the backstage stuff plus was the main draw and the consistent performer in the mainevent for years. I would argue that Dusty Rhodes played a role just as big as Jerry Jarrett in the early years since he was the head booker and he was the one that pushed the X-Division and made it a focal point early on making TNA an alternative. Plus if Jeff hasn't gone in yet I doubt Jerry will.

But with the company only being around 10 years at the time, I think founding it is a really big part even if he didn't do as much. And I'm also not a fan of active wrestlers going in the HOF.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
But with the company only being around 10 years at the time, I think founding it is a really big part even if he didn't do as much. And I'm also not a fan of active wrestlers going in the HOF.

But Jeff was co-founder and the main draw early on and is basically retired so he fits the bill more than Jerry in my opinion. In the end TNA did jump the gun and didn't think it through by starting the HOF after ten years but if they plan it carefully enough they should be alright in five years time when a number of the originals would have retired.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
But Jeff was co-founder and the main draw early on and is basically retired so he fits the bill more than Jerry in my opinion. In the end TNA did jump the gun and didn't think it through by starting the HOF after ten years but if they plan it carefully enough they should be alright in five years time when a number of the originals would have retired.

Jeff was still actively wrestling when the HOF was first introduced though, wasn't he? He was at least still in Mexico if he'd already been kayfabed out of TNA.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Jeff was still actively wrestling when the HOF was first introduced though, wasn't he? He was at least still in Mexico if he'd already been kayfabed out of TNA.

I think he had been written out of TNA storylines by then, he still wrestled a bit in Mexico but not many fans would have known that and it isn't as big an issue as being a full time wrestler in TNA when inducted like Angle, although that might change depending on what happens with his rehab and arrest.

Reaction score
Other than Dub J the rest won't be entered until they are near the end of the career.

I think TNA hasn't been around long enough for a true Hall of Fame. There veterans are still young