Anyone Else Loving Del Rio at the Moment?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Gimmick

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
He hasn't gone through a massive change character-wise. He's still the same kind of heel with the same kind of moveset, but ever since winning the World title at Payback there just seems to be a little bit of an edge to him that he never had before. He seems more focused, more aggressive, and because of that has put on some really good matches as of late. The absence (and now departure) of Ricardo since winning the title has also made him the kind of heel that can win matches by himself, which to me, makes him look even stronger.

I'd really like to see this side of Del Rio continue. The kind of Del Rio that shows a ruthless side, kicks peoples heads in, and gets the job done in the ring.

Has anyone else found him really enjoyable to watch lately?

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
He's been a lot more fun to watch in the ring lately but he still beat Christian so FUCK THIS GUY! It isn't that much of a difference really, I think we just think it is because he went back to being a heel after being a face for a few months. I don't think he's any different than when he was a heel before.

Cwalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
jaylethal
Favorite Sports Team
BZw58qk
In terms of in ring; he's implemented the kicks more which makes him come of as more aggressive. In terms of character he hasn't really changed. I wish he went back to working the arm to set up he armbreaker like he did when he was a heel before, but other than that he's doing a good job with this turn. He's got more heat than he did durin his last heel run IMO

TheTimidPimp

Reaction score
I am quite enjoying him now where I was finding him a bit bland and boring before so he's doing something right by me. He's dropped the goofiness and he's acting like a bit more of a bad ass now which suits him alot better I think. I thoroughly enjoyed him legit losing his shit with Sin Cara

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Yeah, well I guess it's more entertaining to watch him try to concuss people than work over his opponent's arm. His mic skills are really about the same and honestly he hasn't had as much promo time that a Champion lately deserves anyways. Of course that probably lends itself to this argument anyways since most folks dislike his mic work.

punk13

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
therock2
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
lita2
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
He's good in the ring but i don't have any interest in him.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
He's probably one of the smoothest guys in ring I've ever seen, you rarely see a Del Rio botch and he's never in awful matches.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
He's awesome now, he changed from overpushed face to overpushed heel and didn't change a damn thing about himself at all.......FANTASTIC!!! Everything is better when you turn heel. Mark Henry can talk, Big Show has better matches, CM Punk can say whatever he wants, Orton isn't boring anymore.....Just heel everybody and watch the business pick right up.

Defiant

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
thewhyats
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
They haven't really repackaged Del Rio or altered much about him at all, he's just stopped showing off his cars, kicked his manager to the curb (in the harshest friggin' way) and runs his mouth of less to tell his story in the ring. I thought losing these aspects would cripple Del Rio but they've made him so damn ruthless now, combined with how fun he is in the ring, that it's actually interesting to see what he'll do to his opponent to win. It's easier to have confidence in him now that we know he can probably survive just fine without his manager "crutch".

The Cappii

Reaction score
I'm not a fan. I've tried to be, but he's just not garnering my attention. I will admit that his heel turn was brilliantly executed, but I give credit for that more to creative. Maybe he can show me something and I'll starting liking him, but for now, he just isn't "it" for me.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Still boring as a character esp with no Ricardo but in ring wise the man has been killing it. He has stepped it up in that regard as of late

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Same old Del Rio for me, decent enough to watch in the ring but everything else is just sub-par and uninteresting.

One of my biggest gripes about the guy and it's not exactly his fault but most of the time in his feuds shit just gets stretched out for too long and becomes massively uninteresting.

Embrace Thou Maryse

Reaction score
Helping Maryse practice her French Kiss...
Favorite Wrestler
maryse
Favorite Wrestler
therock4
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
He's probably one of the smoothest guys in ring I've ever seen, you rarely see a Del Rio botch and he's never in awful matches.

This! Coupled with his great mic skills and a simpler, more aggressive character is making him gold. He's a guy with all the tools to be a huge player but for whatever reason (his non ROH background maybe) the IWC hates him.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
This! Coupled with his great mic skills and a simpler, more aggressive character is making him gold. He's a guy with all the tools to be a huge player but for whatever reason (his non ROH background maybe) the IWC hates him.

IWC probably hates him because WWE got behind him when he started and have been pushing him since day one, unlike "guys who deserve it" like Cessaro because they weren't the main draws for an indy fed.

Like a pre-emptive strike on the latin Cena, heel him and all is forgiven though.........apparently.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Why does everything have to be a indy stereotype thing with the IWC? The biggest, common and understandable gripe with the guy that people have with him is just simply being a boring guy who lacks charisma. Always been a hell of a worker though who is recently hitting a hot streak in the ring.

Reactions: 1 person