Antonio Cesaro - 200+ Day US Title Reign

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Titles don't get someone over....ever. It is the guy who is supposed to be over enough to get a title. Also, Triple H once said, "it's not the title who makes the guy, it is the guy who makes the title". I'm paraphrasing obviously, because I don't remember the exact quote.

1 World title is perfect for WWE, it was the introduction of the second one, that fucked over the IC title to begin with, it was a good concept when there was this thing calle the Brand Extension, where there were mutually exclusive shows. But that is gone and so should the brand specific titles. And Correct me if I'm wrong, but why are both IC and US titles held be Smackdown guys? Just proves that the brand extension is dead and so should half the titles in WWE.

The New F'n Show

Reaction score
1 World Title is a stupid, stupid decision. There can be nothing good to come from it. First off all, the World Title is used PERFECTLY to get over the Talented Superstars that they don't have room for on Raw. Raw is Cena and Punk land. And every few months the Rock. There is no room for anyone else. The World Title serves as a home for the talented superstars that deserve to be world champion, but WWE is too scared to make anyone other than Cena the face of Raw. Without the world title, stars like Edge, Batista, Sheamus, Daniel Bryan, Mark Henry, Christian, ect. would have had nothing to used to catapult them up the ladder. Can you honestly believe that WWE would have made Mark Henry, Daniel Bryan, or Christian WWE Champion? People loved those reigns, but without the world title, none of it would have been possible. Henry would probably be retired by now. Bryan would be a lower mid carder. Sheamus would still be in the US title picture. The World Title is needed, and is used to put over way more stars than the WWE title ever will.

As for Cesaro, I believe his reign would have been a lot better if they didn't use him as the job guy. 60 plus guys on the roster and I can't fine one person to do the job to Del Rio? His reign would also be better if he defended it regularly, and not just against random opponents in the pre shows of PPV's. WWE has the longer reigns thing down now, they just don't know how to book a title reign, with strong feuds and defenses.

Isn't that what a secondary title like the IC title is supposed to do. The 2nd World Title is useless. The IC title could have and has done that in the past but it lost that prestige because of the 2nd title.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
I read on the dirtsheets he had a MOTY candidate against PAC/"Adrian Neville" on nXt, IMO they should make nXt the smark show and put all the indy guys on there (including Danielson), not just so I don't have to see them but they could steal ROH audience and have a nice little niche show there.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
As long as the World title is taken serious when said guy has it then I pretty much agree that the person winning it should already be over enough otherwise fans struggle to take him serious as champion.

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
I remember when guys who held the IC title would eventually go on to main event RAW's and some PPV's. That was the second title that everybody wanted! I love everything about Cesaro, but WWE just doesn't seem to really want to invest in a good feud for him. He has the mic skills, and the ring work. I think he would have been better suited to feud with Swagger(if he was a face). They need to do something soon with him and that title. It's just boring now.

HB_Punk

Reaction score
I think WWE should just go back to the Brand concept. We keep the titles and the secondary titles are used as the stepping stones.

I also liked the drafts, but I'm probably the lone wolf on that one.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I liked it as well when they actually had seperate rosters and when they enforced the brand extension. But the problem now is the fact that WWE's roster is so shallow that they can't sustain two seperate rosters and they need the option to have all the top names appearing on both shows each week.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Pretty disappointed that Cesaro didn't even make an appearance on the show let alone have a match on it. I thought that he was tracking well as champion and had been impressive since debuting. He desperately needs a proper feud so hopefully something is started on the Smackdown tapings tomorrow. Surely they will give him something after snubbing him from the card.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
On side note I urge anyone to read the article of Cesaro in the current Power Slam, it really does go into depth about his career and what he has to offer WWE. And like it says the guy does have a lot of the quaities they normally go for.