Anderson Silva's Next Fight Scheduled For This Spring

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
UFC President, Dana White has today revealed middleweight champion and “pound for pound†great, Anderson Silva will likely fight next over the spring months, although don’t ask him who it will be against as he has no idea.

Speaking during today’s media scrum, Dana said:

“Spring, he wants to fight in the spring. That’s what we’re doing right now, we’re figuring out his next fight. You know, a couple of months ago there was a bunch of (contenders), Weidman gets hurt, he’s out for a year. But, we’ll figure it out.â€

Silva was expected to face Georges St. Pierre in a super fight early on in 2013 but it now looks likely that he’ll defend his middleweight crown against a member of the 185 pound division, although who is opponent will be is anyone’s guess. Stay tuned to MMABay for more news on this situation as we get it.

Have to wonder who they have in mind for an opponent seeing as most of the top contenders, have lost there most previous fight and aren't likely to get the shot. Could do a small tournament with Lombard, Belfort, Luke Rockhold and Okami.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Bisping why oh why did you have to lose to Belfort, this would have been your fight.

Good knowing that Silva is going to be fighting in the Spring I struggle to come up with a decent opponent for him though. Hopefully it is a bit more competitive than Bonnar.

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
I hope it isn't Okami. Probably gonna be a fight tween Belfort and Lombard with the winner getting a title shot.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
If Rashad had moved down rather than take useless fights like Lil Nog, he would of cleaned up by now.

Can't think of anyone at all, unless theres a huge turnaround in Jon Jones not wanting to fight him.

Big Red Jericho Punk

Reaction score
I don’t rule out Evans vs Silva for possibly May. If Evans wins especially by KO, then it could happen. If not then I think Belfort vs Silva would probably be the best bet. Lombard still needs to prove more, I’m not sure if Silva knows who Rochold even is, and Okami please no.

Dademo

Reaction score
Weidman is injured? If he is healthy make that fight. If not I'd say Evans/Silva. I wanna see Anderson go up against a tough wrestler. Can't see Rashad doing as well as Chael though since he's not as big or strong as Chael.

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
So Shad already made the official move down to middleweight? Cause I hadn't heard that yet.

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
He hasn't yet but he believes if he did he could defeat Silva for the championship.

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Okay... I'm watching ESPN like just now and on the news bar it said that Dana White has stated that Anderson Silva is close to signing a new deal and would fight GSP and Jon Jones.

So what to make of that?

Okay it is saying that he said he would fight those two before he retires.

Last edited:

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
If he signs a ten fight deal as rumoured then he would have to fight GSP and Jones, even if it is just a five fight deal he would need to fight them as there are very few options for him outside those marquee fights.

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
I just find it interesting that it is said that he would be fighting both Jones and GSP. Not just one of the two.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Like I said other than those two there aren't many options left for Silva so it makes sense that those two will be pretty much confirmed fights for his next contract. Obviously a lot can happen in MMA and they would need to get the others to agree but with the money on offer for all involved I am sure that the fights will happen. I don't see this turning out like Mayweather-Pacman.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Seriously doubt he is going to fight either GSP or Jones.

Rashad would get a title shot off name alone, he drew almost a million buys and Anderson hasn't yet.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
They could just wait a year and give Bisping the shot anyway, not like they haven't done the exact same thing with Diaz and Sonnen.