Anderson Silva's Next Fight Scheduled For This Spring

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
Did you guys read about Ed Soares and Silva saying they'd be interested in a fight with Cung Le, before a fight with Chris Weidman? :lol:

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Ansderson is in money making mode.

Weidman isn't going to get him money. And him taking on Bonnar on short notice to save a PPV, puts him in prime position to do what he wants in the UFC's eyes.

Embrace Thou Maryse

Reaction score
Helping Maryse practice her French Kiss...
Favorite Wrestler
maryse
Favorite Wrestler
therock4
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Exactly. Silvas nearing the end, why take a fight with some kid only hardcore fans know about, especially when most hardcore fans just watch a stream so you dont make much money out of them.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Cheers Rashad for fucking up the base.

Now we have to deal w/ Chris WeidBUM getting TKO R1'd. Ugh.

Big Red Jericho Punk

Reaction score
Hating on Weidman for no reason is always amusing. Unlike Sonnen, he actually knows how to strike and has vicious ground & pound. It should be an exciting fight, can't wait till Weidman shuts critics up with a good performance even if he does get knocked out.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
He's beat nobody and had one of the most boring fights in UFC history with Maia, "no reason" is slightly false.

Bisping had to fight a murderers row of guys compared to him. I guess nothing surprises me in the UFC nowdays, Joe silva is a horrible booker of fights and theres clear bias with some guys.

Embrace Thou Maryse

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
maryse
Favorite Wrestler
therock4
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton

Ah well at least all the morons can stop claiming that Silva's scared of Weidman now. He wasn't scared of any of the other near on 40 guys he's faced but an average wrestler with decent BJJ that can land an elbow has Silva shitting his pants apparently...

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Wow I'm looking at his record and he literally has defeated nobody. I mean unless you wanna try to make a case for Maia... which... you might as well not. Just don't. Then Mark Munoz... yeah once again don't.

Those are the two biggest names on his record. Why in the world would Silva be the least big concerned about this guy. He'd prob give him the Bonnar treatment and stand right in front of him and give him a chance before he gets bored and says... okay time to finish this.

Silva needs a real challenge. Not some guy with only 9 wins on his record. I'd still rather see Bisping get a shot over him. Shoot... Give me Belfort before Weidman.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy

Before and even during his fight I was thinking of how great it would be if Rashad dropped down to face Silva. Can't believe he managed to lose to Lil Nog especially when it went to the judges and wasn't even a finish. Massive screw up by him and at best has delayed a potential super fight for another year or two.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Anderson has had problems with strong wrestlers in the past, Hendo and Sonnen took rounds off him and Travis Lutter looked decent until the inevitable happened so Rashad would of been an intriguing fight.

I just don't see how you can get a shot at the title by beating Mark Munoz whos a fringe top 10 guy at max. Don't forget Weidman was meant to fight Tim Boestch at UFC 155 so clearly the UFC didn't think he was ready.

Can't wait for these rankings to be absorbed so we can see how skewed they really are.

Embrace Thou Maryse

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
maryse
Favorite Wrestler
therock4
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Munoz was only ranked highly because Silva had dispatched everyone else, Munoz has never beaten anyone, only wanna be kickboxer Maia is worth mentioning. 90% of the top MWs would beat Munoz on their worst day but Weidman absorbed Munoz's hype and got super hype. Dana did everything he could not to put a nobody like Weidman in a Title fight with Silva but all his other plans lost; Lombard, Bisping, Shad. Hopefully they fight soon and Silva can move on to a decent fight that matters.