An Evolution Reunion: Updated thoughts?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Wacokid27

The Dark Master
Reaction score
Batista, Orton, Kane, Steph, Trips? Seems okay....

Huge issue with this. If they wanted to create some sort of new DX, that's a lot closer. Particularly, since HBK likes to come around and have fun every now and then, and the Outlaws are hanging around.

But the whole idea behind evolution was that Flair was the Greatest Champion of the Past, HHH was the Greatest Champion of the Present, and Orton was the Greatest Champion of the Future, with Batista being the Enforcer (and to make sure they had 4 guys to invite comparisons to the Four Horsemen). That's why I suggested the lineup I did.

As for bringing in Mason Ryan to play the "Enforcer" role, he's got the look (I mean just about everybody I knew compared him to Batista when he first came out), but I'd rather see somebody called up from NXT who comes in as basically a blank slate (Batista didn't have much history in WWE when he was made part of Evolution). If I didn't covet the idea of the Ascension coming up as a tag team and dominating the Tag Team Division by the end of 2014, I'd suggest Konor. And having said that, even though he's got a past, the guy I'd use would be Ryback. It would give him direction and something to do.

I mean: HHH, Orton, Roman Reigns, and Ryback. That would probably be a pretty solid stable.

wk

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
Huge issue with this. If they wanted to create some sort of new DX, that's a lot closer. Particularly, since HBK likes to come around and have fun every now and then, and the Outlaws are hanging around.

But the whole idea behind evolution was that Flair was the Greatest Champion of the Past, HHH was the Greatest Champion of the Present, and Orton was the Greatest Champion of the Future, with Batista being the Enforcer (and to make sure they had 4 guys to invite comparisons to the Four Horsemen). That's why I suggested the lineup I did.

As for bringing in Mason Ryan to play the "Enforcer" role, he's got the look (I mean just about everybody I knew compared him to Batista when he first came out), but I'd rather see somebody called up from NXT who comes in as basically a blank slate (Batista didn't have much history in WWE when he was made part of Evolution). If I didn't covet the idea of the Ascension coming up as a tag team and dominating the Tag Team Division by the end of 2014, I'd suggest Konor. And having said that, even though he's got a past, the guy I'd use would be Ryback. It would give him direction and something to do.

I mean: HHH, Orton, Roman Reigns, and Ryback. That would probably be a pretty solid stable.

wk

I think what they are doing is re-creating the Corporation rather than Evolution, HHH = Vinny, Orton = The Rock, HHH as the champ, Kane = Boss Man or Ken Shamrock or any other of Vinny's Goons. Batista could be formerly added which would make him like bossman or Shamrock as well.

rs

Wacokid27

The Dark Master
Reaction score
I think what they are doing is re-creating the Corporation rather than Evolution, HHH = Vinny, Orton = The Rock, HHH as the champ, Kane = Boss Man or Ken Shamrock or any other of Vinny's Goons. Batista could be formerly added which would make him like bossman or Shamrock as well.

rs

That's what they've been building up for a while. I was suggesting a way to create an "Evolution Reunion" in today's product.

You probably wouldn't do both.

wk

Xmarket

Jobber
Reaction score
I'd say that there won't be another Evolution. For one thing, Batista and Orton are facing each other at WM 30, and the only way to really side them together is to split the belts up and give it to both of them, calling off the match, which would both be insane as well as a heart attack to the fans. I don't expect often Triple H in ring action, just part-timing like usual. If there is a triple threat match however, I could possibly see themselves aligning with each other, but then again, Orton has been insulting Batista lately, which they've noted several times on commentary and elsewhere, leading me to think that there would be no way for them to side.
Actually not sure if you saw the ending of RAW, but after RAW went off air, Orton, Batista, Kane & HHH were working together. I got whole video of the ordeal which I will post here soon.

Farooq

Chairwoman of The New Day
Reaction score
I don't really know what to say about this. That means either Orton or Batista will have to settle for not being the world champion, or can split up the world titles again, but that would be odd. Would be better just to keep it as the Authority, and maybe add someone new under their wing instead.

Nero_x3

The Architect
Banned
Reaction score
Actually not sure if you saw the ending of RAW, but after RAW went off air, Orton, Batista, Kane & HHH were working together. I got whole video of the ordeal which I will post here soon.
That's still only a one-off. They both did that because they don't like Bryan, hence taking out a common enemy. They still hate each other.

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
I'd say that there won't be another Evolution. For one thing, Batista and Orton are facing each other at WM 30, and the only way to really side them together is to split the belts up and give it to both of them, calling off the match, which would both be insane as well as a heart attack to the fans. I don't expect often Triple H in ring action, just part-timing like usual. If there is a triple threat match however, I could possibly see themselves aligning with each other, but then again, Orton has been insulting Batista lately, which they've noted several times on commentary and elsewhere, leading me to think that there would be no way for them to side.
I agree with this. But what's interesting is that Orotn wished Dave luck and then watched him fight against Bryan. He could've attacked him but didn't. Then Batista attacked Bryan leaving him helpless for Triple H. I'm not saying this means an Evolution reunion is coming but they seem to be working together lately.

Lockard 23

The WWF/E Guru
Reaction score
I wouldn't mind seeing a short-lived partners-in-crime sort of deal between Batista/Orton, Batista/Triple H or all three at some point, but resurrecting the entire group and re-adopting the Evolution name? Nah. Been there, done that, even if it did introduce a brand new fourth member. I'm not generally a fan of resurrecting stables, especially years after their first inception. The New World Order run in 2002 was a huge flop. D-Generation X from 2006-2010 was a very watered down version of the group and it still seems weird as hell seeing HBK come out to the DX theme for his match with Cena at Wrestlemania 23. If they wanna have any of the former Evolution members form an evil duo for a short period of time as a nice callback to their history together from the days of Evolution, that's fine, but don't resurrect the entire group as a full-time thing. Move forward, not backwards.

Reactions: Wacokid27

Wilby

Follower of Buzzards
Reaction score
That's still only a one-off. They both did that because they don't like Bryan, hence taking out a common enemy. They still hate each other.

:pity2: Just kidding dude.

So after watching this week's episode of Raw it appears to be confirmed that Evolution have indeed re-united. Personally I am happy to see this because I was an Evolution fan during their original run. I could see Evolution vs. The Shield main-eventing the Extreme Rules PPV as it is the main storyline in the WWE right now.

Marked out like a bitch when the Evolution theme music started playing during their entrance.

Shameless thread bumping on my part also.

Reactions: TheArabHammer

Lockard 23

The WWF/E Guru
Reaction score
Yeah, I can totally see The Shield versus Evolution main eventing Extreme Rules (I mentioned a year ago how awesome of a match that this would have been for Wrestlemania 29 if Batista had come back for one night to help put The Shield over), especially since Daniel Bryan is defending against the likes of Kane, which isn't exactly the most headline-worthy world title match. Kind of funny how we're only one PPV/"Special Event" into Bryan's title reign and it's looking like he may already be defending it second-last on the card lol. At least if it happens this time around, the big main event moment will go to three new stars like The Shield (assuming they win, of course... although main eventing a "PPV" against the likes of Evolution is still a big deal in itself) instead of just Cena again like it did during most of Punk's reign in 2012.

Brad.

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
I'm really surprised they're going with Bryan vs Kane. That match has happened like 3 times in the last couple of months on free TV. They have no chemistry in-ring and Kane can't go 15mins+. It's a terrible start to Bryan's reign, when we could have had rematch from WrestleMania's MOTN with a stipulation. Hunter would rather put Reigns over, I guess.

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
I just saw it as the 3 people who were already working together now having their own theme song, lol
Yep, this is what I thought about this segment. Had the theme not played and HHH, Orton and Batista come out and beat the Shield up, it would've been the exact same segment, and no one would've cared (at least not as much). With one theme song, everyone marks... With that said, I'm one of the guys who marked hard, won't lie :dawg:

Nero_x3

The Architect
Banned
Reaction score
No Flair = It's not Evolution to me

Lockard 23

The WWF/E Guru
Reaction score
I'm really surprised they're going with Bryan vs Kane. That match has happened like 3 times in the last couple of months on free TV. They have no chemistry in-ring and Kane can't go 15mins+. It's a terrible start to Bryan's reign, when we could have had rematch from WrestleMania's MOTN with a stipulation. Hunter would rather put Reigns over, I guess.

I'm actually kind of glad it's Kane because it would have annoyed me seeing Kane/Orton/Batista fight The Shield knowing that all it would have taken was swapping one man (Hunter with Kane) to get a full-blown Evolution/Shield stand-off.

Bryan and Kane have history, so it's sort of cool that after all this time (going back to the "Weak Link" angle from last year and Bryan's first journey towards the WWE Championship around that time) that it's Kane that ends up being Bryan's first title defense (although the match would have meant more if they hadn't already faced off like 3-4 times since the end of their partnership last year, but meh.) It also makes it all the more fitting if Kane ends up turning on The Authority - by coming to Bryan's rescue during an Evolution beat down, let's say - after being scolded by them one last time for failing to win the championship from Bryan. I picture the official turn coming when HHH finds a way to neutralize The Shield as a threat that night - let's say he finds a way to have them thrown out of the building or finds some clever way to have them arrested for some reason - so that no one can come to Bryan's rescue when they hone in on him, but then Kane comes down to save the day instead.