An Evolution Reunion: Updated thoughts?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Brad.

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
I'm actually kind of glad it's Kane because it would have annoyed me seeing Kane/Orton/Batista fight The Shield knowing that all it would have taken was swapping one man (Hunter with Kane) to get a full-blown Evolution/Shield stand-off.

Bryan and Kane have history, so it's sort of cool that after all this time (going back to the "Weak Link" angle from last year and Bryan's first journey towards the WWE Championship around that time) that it's Kane that ends up being Bryan's first title defense (although the match would have meant more if they hadn't already faced off like 3-4 times since the end of their partnership last year, but meh.) It also makes it all the more fitting if Kane ends up turning on The Authority - by coming to Bryan's rescue during an Evolution beat down, let's say - after being scolded by them one last time for failing to win the championship from Bryan. I picture the official turn coming when HHH finds a way to neutralize The Shield as a threat that night - let's say he finds a way to have them thrown out of the building or finds some clever way to have them arrested for some reason - so that no one can come to Bryan's rescue when they hone in on him, but then Kane comes down to save the day instead.

I'm thinking Evolution go over The Shield by cheating. Can't see HHH/Tista/Orton losing at consecutive PPVs and they can do a rematch at Payback. On the other hand, to set-up the rumoured Hunter vs. Reigns match at SummerSlam, you could have The Shield win by a spear that breaks Hunter's ribs. The injury forces him to take time-off, and then he returns demanding the match before SS.

Obviously Bryan retains, allowing Kane to leave the angle. The way Stephanie was talking about Kane getting one last chance in his role made me think it could be a Title vs. Career match. It would be a great way for Kane to go out IMO.

Reactions: RedDwarfTechy

Lockard 23

The WWF/E Guru
Reaction score
I'm thinking Evolution go over The Shield by cheating. Can't see HHH/Tista/Orton losing at consecutive PPVs and they can do a rematch at Payback. On the other hand, to set-up the rumoured Hunter vs. Reigns match at SummerSlam, you could have The Shield win by a spear that breaks Hunter's ribs. The injury forces him to take time-off, and then he returns demanding the match before SS.

Obviously Bryan retains, allowing Kane to leave the angle. The way Stephanie was talking about Kane getting one last chance in his role made me think it could be a Title vs. Career match. It would be a great way for Kane to go out IMO.

Yeah, that'd be the ideal way to book it, as it gives Evolution a huge victory under their belts to re-establish themselves as a dominant threesome, plus the name Payback has more meaning to it if The Shield get their retribution and triumph over Evolution there. I could also see Evolution's victory at Extreme Rules coming as the result of Hunter slamming a sledge hammer into Reigns' face and pinning him (or allowing someone else to pick up the pin), just as a way of further planting the seeds for a one-on-one rivalry between them later for Summerslam.

As for Kane, he's been giving more serious thoughts about retiring lately, so on one hand, I could see him putting over Daniel Bryan on the way out, but on the other hand, I can't see him not reverting back to The Big Red Machine in a babyface manner before going out. Then again, maybe Kane (or rather Glen Jacobs, the real-life person) is similar to Jericho in that he wants to go out the same way he came in - as a heel.

Wacokid27

The Dark Master
Reaction score

I posted elsewhere that it would likely either be a retirement stip in the match or that the night after the PPV Stephanie or HHH would fire Kane (leading to his actual retirement). I also said there that it would be perfect if HHH was the one to fire him, leading to a chokeslam.

Either way, I have a feeling this is Kane's swan song.

wk

Green Jesus

The Showoff
Reaction score
Well, I kind of like kane, so that PPV so far looks super dope to me, I hope kane and bryan have a 5-star match to shut-up all the kane haters:pity1:. Also, yay for shield vs evolution, hope this feud is as good as it is on paper

Reactions: Wacokid27
Reaction score
Yeah but it didn't have the titantron, probably due to Flair in it or because they're all older.
They DO look younger in that old titantron. What was that? Like ten years ago? Since I hadn't watched wrestling in 7 years, it seems like the old Evolution gang was on TV last year. Where does the time go?

Nero_x3

The Architect
Banned
Reaction score
They DO look younger in that old titantron. What was that? Like ten years ago? Since I hadn't watched wrestling in 7 years, it seems like the old Evolution gang was on TV last year. Where does the time go?
Yep, all 10 years younger. And today, Flair is the only one to have hair.

JC4Life37

The Showoff
Reaction score
... my updated take is that 10 years later, Trips:bury: still owns both those cats. The gap between Triple H and Orton/Batista is bigger now than its ever been.
For made men who've had their share of main eventing, I've never seen a drop off so significant while working for the same co.
This feels more like the Main Event Mafia:steiner: :booker:than Evolution:nogusta:. There's something uncouth about having a stable where each member is a multiple time champ. There's no jealousy, no envy, and no drive so why should the fans invest at all?

Best case scenario: they move a couple of t-shirts. Batista and Randy Orton are unmotivated. :cry: #Deal with it

Reactions: TheArabHammer

TheArabHammer

Don't call it a comeback
Reaction score
... my updated take is that 10 years later, Trips:bury: still owns both those cats. The gap between Triple H and Orton/Batista is bigger now than its ever been.
For made men who've had their share of main eventing, I've never seen a drop off so significant while working for the same co.
This feels more like the Main Event Mafia:steiner: :booker:than Evolution:nogusta:. There's something uncouth about having a stable where each member is a multiple time champ. There's no jealousy, no envy, and no drive so why should the fans invest at all?

Best case scenario: they move a couple of t-shirts. Batista and Randy Orton are unmotivated. :cry: #Deal with it
I'll buy an evolution shirt