• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

An Evolution Reunion: Updated thoughts?

Wilby

Follower of Buzzards
Reaction score
Evening all,

So after watching this week's episode of WWE RAW the thoughts of Evolution 2.0 have started to crop up once again for me. At this point we have three former Evolution members (HHH, Batista and Orton) all playing the role of heels like their original run between 2003 and 2005 and the 'Mark' in me kind of hopes for a future reunion of the group, with HHH becoming physical on-screen again I experienced nostalgic feelings of the old Evolution days. I have a feeling we could see Batista and Orton on the same page representing The Authority at WM30 with a CM Punk or D-Bryan addition to make it a triple threat match.

What are your updated thoughts/opinions on the potential of an official Evolution reunion? Have your thoughts on the topic changed at all in recent weeks?

Kind regards

Nero_x3

The Architect
Banned
Reaction score
I'd say that there won't be another Evolution. For one thing, Batista and Orton are facing each other at WM 30, and the only way to really side them together is to split the belts up and give it to both of them, calling off the match, which would both be insane as well as a heart attack to the fans. I don't expect often Triple H in ring action, just part-timing like usual. If there is a triple threat match however, I could possibly see themselves aligning with each other, but then again, Orton has been insulting Batista lately, which they've noted several times on commentary and elsewhere, leading me to think that there would be no way for them to side.

Reactions: JC4Life37

Liquid7778

Jobber
Reaction score
I didn't start watching till about 2005. I think it would be pretty sweet, because I haven't really seen too much of Evolution, and it seems pretty cool. I think it's pretty unlikely though,

Wacokid27

The Dark Master
Reaction score
If they hadn't turned Batista heel, I could actually see them having a new Evolution-esque stable, this time with HHH representing the past, Orton representing the present, and somebody (maybe Reigns?) representing the future. This would leave the "enforcer" role open. I would think Batista's too old to fill that spot, but there are a few cats strolling around who could fill it, including a few from NXT. Of course, since Batista's heel, they would almost have to include him in an Evolution 2.0. Hence, why turning him heel suggests to me they won't do anything like it.

wk

Reactions: Wilby and Butters!

Nero_x3

The Architect
Banned
Reaction score
If they hadn't turned Batista heel, I could actually see them having a new Evolution-esque stable, this time with HHH representing the past, Orton representing the present, and somebody (maybe Reigns?) representing the future. This would leave the "enforcer" role open. I would think Batista's too old to fill that spot, but there are a few cats strolling around who could fill it, including a few from NXT. Of course, since Batista's heel, they would almost have to include him in an Evolution 2.0. Hence, why turning him heel suggests to me they won't do anything like it.

wk
Maybe they could put Mason Ryan as the enforcer :>

Reactions: JC4Life37

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
Batista, Orton, Kane, Steph, Trips? Seems okay....

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
i was thinking this myself while i have, been watching raw over the last few weeks possible Evolution return they it's going who knows.

It already has returned, Randy, HHH, Steph, Kane and sometime The Shield

The Authority