Alright... can't help but to feel for Reigns now

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Loonatik

Jobber
Reaction score
Belfast, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
23-:brock4::reigns4:

In all seriousness though, I am a Reigns fan. As said above, it's his booking and the stronghold WWE has around his every movement and on-air word that makes him look bad. At this point, I think even if he suddenly started displaying Hollywood Rock-like heel qualities, his detractors would still clutch at straws to find reasons to keep disliking him.

I'm psyched about the thought of him beating Taker at WrestleMania. It will really put him on the map, but it all depends on how WWE capitalises on that.

Last edited:

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
I honestly don't hate [HASHTAG]#IgnoreReigns[/HASHTAG] personally and I think he has a decent look
and in-ring skills...

I just hate the way he has been booked...he has been booked too strongly...to
the point where it is ridiculous.

[HASHTAG]#IgnoreReigns[/HASHTAG]

Eva Maryse

The Artiste
Reaction score
Its hard to feel too sorry for him when WWE are so stubborn and refuse to relent on his push even slightly.

Its all too Romans detriment though, it will get to the point where he cant be salvaged in the fans eyes no matter what they do with him.

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
I used to feel bad for Reigns but I no longer do. Without WWE fans, he wouldn't have the great job that he has. However, he has several times lashed out at the fans for booing him. Rather than take the approach which has made John Cena a more respectable person in my eyes, he has taken the low road. Cena makes the point over and over again that he likes when people boo him or chant "Cena sucks" before they paid their money to go to the arenas and do it. Reigns on the other hand, has yelled at fans for booing him and has several times pretty much told the fans to suck it up because he's going to be around for a long time.

You can't tell someone "You paid money to us, now behave in the way we want you to."

Now if Reigns was a heel, I wouldn't care less about this. That is the sort of thing a heel is expected to do. However, the man has been forced down our throats for years as the top babyface. It is hard to recognize him as such when he acts like a jackass.

On top of that, he is a three time world champion who has main evented two WrestleMania who continues to be pushed despite one of the strongest negative feedback machines from the fans. All of this while making about 2 million dollars a year.

So sorry, no, I have absolutely zero sympathy for Roman Reigns.
This. Do I feel "bad" for Reigns? lol, fuck no! The guy is main eventing and headlining nearly everything and is seen as unstoppable about 99.9% of the time. Sure, WWE is pushing him wrong and he's getting more boo's than Cena, but that doesn't mean I feel bad for him just because he's getting booed. He gets paid millions to do his job and do it well. I'm not going to feel "bad" because he works hard just like nearly every superstar backstage does. If Reigns went from doing what he's doing now to being a jobber all because WWE ruined his character more and more, then yeah, I may have a little more sympathy. Otherwise, no, I don't feel one ounce of sympathy for him. Reigns has it made and honestly couldn't ask for more. There was a period where Cena, the top money maker of all time, was booed out of nearly all arena's, but he could sell every T-shirt and ticket in the building. The point is that Reigns is in a somewhat similar spot; sure, he's not making as much as Cena did, but he's making a lot and is seen as the man. The boo's shouldn't matter at this point, the fact that he gets such a reaction out of the crowd is what matters and Vince continues to push him because of it.

Jacob nailed it when said, "On top of that, he is a three time world champion who has main evented two WrestleMania who continues to be pushed despite one of the strongest negative feedback machines from the fans. All of this while making about 2 million dollars a year." This is key here. The guy has done more in 3 years than what 10 superstars could do in their entire careers: the rumble, 3 world titles, headlined 2 mania's (now a third), and looks to be "retiring" Taker.

Reigns has improved overall. He's much better in the ring and enjoyable to watch as long as he keeps his mouth shut. But, again, feeling "bad" for him isn't needed as he's a natural heel who's getting a face push because it's making WWE money. He's got it made and now it finally looks like a heel turn will happen.

Fireshock

THE INSTANT CLASSIC
Reaction score
I do feel bad for him, Reigns as a wrestler is not the problem. Reigns the character and what he means to WWE is what people hate. He has improved so much in the ring in the last two years, I don’t blame him, I blame WWE completely buggering up his push. That is 100% on them. It must feel awful, the company you work for want to push as the top guy, only for 70 to 80 % of the crowd to boo and not accept you as that guy. That must suck a lot.

SWAGSUKE

The Artiste
Banned
Reaction score
I mean this guy is just doing what he is told, Roman has now put up with us for 3 years booing him every time he walked through that curtain. And I just can't help but to feel bad now actually. I mean he has got to be upset at us somewhere deep inside even though he doesn't admit it. He has now been busting his ass for 3 years with us refusing to back him and yeah there was one drug fail but the way he handled was alright.

Is anyone just now... getting over it and now tired of booing him? I'm not cheering or anything i'm neutral looking at all this but John Cena hasn't even been shit on at this level consistently.

Bro, he's excited when loud fans boo him. That equates to him cashing fat checks. What the hell do you think he does, go home and cry about it?