Alright... can't help but to feel for Reigns now

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
I used to feel bad for Reigns but I no longer do. Without WWE fans, he wouldn't have the great job that he has. However, he has several times lashed out at the fans for booing him. Rather than take the approach which has made John Cena a more respectable person in my eyes, he has taken the low road. Cena makes the point over and over again that he likes when people boo him or chant "Cena sucks" before they paid their money to go to the arenas and do it. Reigns on the other hand, has yelled at fans for booing him and has several times pretty much told the fans to suck it up because he's going to be around for a long time.

You can't tell someone "You paid money to us, now behave in the way we want you to."

Now if Reigns was a heel, I wouldn't care less about this. That is the sort of thing a heel is expected to do. However, the man has been forced down our throats for years as the top babyface. It is hard to recognize him as such when he acts like a jackass.

On top of that, he is a three time world champion who has main evented two WrestleMania who continues to be pushed despite one of the strongest negative feedback machines from the fans. All of this while making about 2 million dollars a year.

So sorry, no, I have absolutely zero sympathy for Roman Reigns.

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
I've jumped off the Roman Reigns hate band wagon awhile ago. I thought to myself, why am I hating on this guy? Cuz everyone else is? Reigns is actually a great performer who bust his ass to entertain the fans. Hes there every week putting on hard hitting matches, unlike weak knees Seth Rollins. People just wanna boo him cuz they rather see the less marketable hacks like Sami Zayn get a Roman type of push.

Yeah, sorry but you can't really say that is the only reason people boo him. It may be some people, but not all. I have no issue with Roman getting a push as opposed to other guys. I have a problem with the way he is being pushed. In fact, the majority of people on this forum who don't like him seem to not like him fore this very reason. We say over and over again that we like the guy, we just don't like the way he is booked.

Personally, as I mentioned above, my main issue with Reigns now his is antagonistic relationship with fans at certain events. But other than that, I have never denied that he has talent or that he works hard. The vast majority of hate for him is hate for the WWE, not for Roman himself and not because he is getting pushed ahead of other guys. We'd like to see his character changed a bit.

Mr. Roman Empire

The Game
Main Eventer
Reaction score
Yeah, sorry but you can't really say that is the only reason people boo him. It may be some people, but not all. I have no issue with Roman getting a push as opposed to other guys. I have a problem with the way he is being pushed. In fact, the majority of people on this forum who don't like him seem to not like him fore this very reason. We say over and over again that we like the guy, we just don't like the way he is booked.

Personally, as I mentioned above, my main issue with Reigns now his is antagonistic relationship with fans at certain events. But other than that, I have never denied that he has talent or that he works hard. The vast majority of hate for him is hate for the WWE, not for Roman himself and not because he is getting pushed ahead of other guys. We'd like to see his character changed a bit.

Wait until he retires Taker at Mania and u will join me on the Roman Reigns band wagon :reigns3::reigns3::reigns3:

• Haha
Reactions: Jacob Fox

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
Wait until he retires Taker at Mania and u will join me on the Roman Reigns band wagon :reigns3::reigns3::reigns3:

:quiet:

Honestly, that's probably a bathroom match for me. Never been a fan of either guy so it doesn't really matter to me who wins or not.

Mr. Roman Empire

The Game
Main Eventer
Reaction score
:quiet:

Honestly, that's probably a bathroom match for me. Never been a fan of either guy so it doesn't really matter to me who wins or not.
Wrestlemania is ONLY gonna be 7 hours long, u don't need a bathroom break

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
On Topic:
I could never feel sorry for [HASHTAG]#IgnoreReigns[/HASHTAG] because he's been "handpicked" and
handed everything. The way he has been booked has stalled other careers
and frankly has been laughably pathetic.

Not since the days of Hulk Hogan & the Ultimate Warrior has a WWE performer
been booked so "unbelievably" strong (I missed the big Cena push) and its just
so very, very sad.

Rusev was buried, Gallows & Anderson were fed to [HASHTAG]#IgnoreReigns[/HASHTAG] in handicap
matches, Strowman was built up amazingly...only to be pinned by [HASHTAG]#IgnoreReigns[/HASHTAG],
Owens & Jericho could only defeat [HASHTAG]#IgnoreReigns[/HASHTAG] in a handicap match...I mean
for God's sake...[HASHTAG]#IgnoreReigns[/HASHTAG] kicked out of a brass knuckle shot.

IT IS WRONG!

Seriously...next Vince will book Roman to be hit by a train only to kick out at 2...

[HASHTAG]#IgnoreReigns[/HASHTAG]

Last edited:

Solidus1

eXit
Reaction score
I still like Reigns, never did dislike him. If he brushes up on his mic talk and has more freedom to say what he likes, he's golden.

Reactions: Mr. Roman Empire

Ryan Blade

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
Website
RDSWrestling.com
The majority of people don't like the idea of Roman Reigns, not Roman himself.
They see the next John Cena, they remember that 7-8 years where it was just Cena all the time and not everyone wanted that.
Now they see Roman pushed up out of nowhere and sense it's going to be the same, and for the most part, they're right.

I don't feel bad at all, maybe for Roman the person, but not Roman the character. He's a bland character who is being pushed while everyone else's favorites are losing to him such as Rusev, Braun Strowman, etc.

Eva Maryse

The Artiste
Reaction score
The majority of people don't like the idea of Roman Reigns, not Roman himself.
They see the next John Cena, they remember that 7-8 years where it was just Cena all the time and not everyone wanted that.
Now they see Roman pushed up out of nowhere and sense it's going to be the same, and for the most part, they're right.

I don't feel bad at all, maybe for Roman the person, but not Roman the character. He's a bland character who is being pushed while everyone else's favorites are losing to him such as Rusev, Braun Strowman, etc.

A huge part of the problem is the era of Super Cena is coming to an end (finally) but we are immediately just going straight into the era of Super Reigns. WWE clearly learned nothing, and are more than happy to have their top guy get booed every night rather than just pushing people that the fans want to see in that spot.

Stupidest part of it all is Reigns is good enough to be a top guy in the WWE, we just dont need another one and only top guy. In his short career he's already done so much and killed so many other wrestlers momentum. There's a constant theme with every Roman Reigns feud; his opponent always looks worse at the end of the feud than at the start. Only guy who didn't suffer that fate is AJ Styles.

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
Yeah, this thread and almost EVERY discussion I have seen on Reigns says the same thing: We have no issue with him, we just think he needs to be pushed with the appropriate character.

THAT is the difference between Cena and Reigns. I weathered the entire Cena era and criticism was often more about Cena himself than his character. I don't think many people said "We think Cena could be the top guy, but just change his character." No, it was a constant, "Cena sucks!" from the people who don't like him. I can't recall ever hearing a crowd chant "Roman sucks!" It's always us talking about how he is being pushed simply.

I think this is a significant difference that WWE really needs to take into account. If they continue what they are doing with Reigns, it won't be the same as Cena. I think a lot of people think it would be. But since the situations are different, the solutions and outcomes will be different. I think the issue with Reigns is a lot easier to resolve in a positive way than the Cena one was. However, treating it exactly like the Cena era will NOT produce the same results.

Reactions: Grievous 3D