Alright... can't help but to feel for Reigns now

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

C.M. Shaddix

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
I mean this guy is just doing what he is told, Roman has now put up with us for 3 years booing him every time he walked through that curtain. And I just can't help but to feel bad now actually. I mean he has got to be upset at us somewhere deep inside even though he doesn't admit it. He has now been busting his ass for 3 years with us refusing to back him and yeah there was one drug fail but the way he handled was alright.

Is anyone just now... getting over it and now tired of booing him? I'm not cheering or anything i'm neutral looking at all this but John Cena hasn't even been shit on at this level consistently.

Reactions: Gembo and Closed

¡Tranquilo!

World's Finest Failure.
Reaction score
It's frustrating watching the company trying to force a guy that no one wants for 3 years. Do I feel bad for Roman himself? I can sympathize a little sure all that negativity gets to you after awhile. I think the majority don't hate him personally just his booking.

Smg

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
The problem isn't Roman as a performer, it's just his character and his booking. He's being booked horribly when he has all this potential to be a bad-ass heel. Roman's run for the past two years has shown that the baby-face role is just not working for him, not yet. He can be great if he's given the right role, which right now, would be the heel. Why? He's already hated/disliked by half of the WWE fans when he's supposed to be that superman-figure...just imagine what it would be if they finally pulled the trigger. All in all, I like him as a performer..but I absolutely hate his booking and the character he plays (If you guys understand where I am coming from).

Mr. Roman Empire

The Game
Main Eventer
Reaction score
I've jumped off the Roman Reigns hate band wagon awhile ago. I thought to myself, why am I hating on this guy? Cuz everyone else is? Reigns is actually a great performer who bust his ass to entertain the fans. Hes there every week putting on hard hitting matches, unlike weak knees Seth Rollins. People just wanna boo him cuz they rather see the less marketable hacks like Sami Zayn get a Roman type of push.

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
Hating Roman Reigns is now a meme joke of internet WWE fandom. As I said before, I am indifferent of him.

I would like to point out that Vince is trying to make him the next "Cena" and people are complaining about it...
But then you see stuff like this online:
Facebook-981426.png

Kind of reminds me of this....
Facebook-6c3fcc.png

If people really don't want to see Roman be "the next Cena"... Stop complaining (which is putting him over in Vince's eyes) and using the same jokes you did with Cena. :pity:

Randy Borton

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
I like Roman better now than I did like 2 years ago. People are just overreacting tbh

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Stopped hating on Reigns like 2 years ago. The dude's improved so much and he's there every week working his ass off.

And I'm pretty sure the majority of fans don't hate him because he's a talentless turd, because he's not. It's his booking and the fact he's being forced upon the fans that is frustrating.

I mean, I understand, you can't tell people what to like and I'm fairly certain all those fans that resent him now will warm up to him if/when he turns heel. Turning him heel would help him in the long run. So, here's to hoping Vince finally pulls the trigger and Reigns turns heel at Mania.

Eva Maryse

The Artiste
Reaction score
The thing with Roman is he could actually be what WWE want him to be, he's good enough. He had some issues early on but honestly Seth Rollins had/still has those same issues. The big thing is though is his booking atrocious. I cant watch the guy anymore because I'm just so over Super Roman, and so over these obvious attempts every year to have his big coronation at WrestleMania. Ultimately he is just doing what he is told, and doing so has seem him become a top guy for the rest of his career, and get paid a shit load.

RedDwarfTechy

WWEF's Resident Hologram
Reaction score
The boos imo are more towards WWE than Reigns. It's fans showing that they hate what the company is doing, Roman just happens to be the person to take it.

Do I feel bad for him? A little. But I doubt he cares because he's probably getting a shitton of cash for being booed. He's just gonna 'Big Dog' his way to the bank.

His wrestling has, like others have said, improved quite a lot. He needs new ring gear and a heel turn and he'll be a marketing bonanza.

MrEdzhuks

The Showoff
Reaction score
I stopped hating on him since his feud with AJ, but then..Royal Rumble happened. We got another KO Vs Reigns match and #30 entrance was just....ugh..
Wrestlemania 33 will be a big turning point imo. Either 1)he loses and fans are happy that WWE didn't shove him down our throats once again; 2)he beats Taker by cheating and gets booed out of the fucking building and finally becomes a heel.
Those are the good ways this can go. The bad way: he beats Undertaker as a face and he gets booed 2x as much after Mania than now.

alexb

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
Well, of course it ain't personal and nobody (I would think) actually hates the person Roman Reigns. As already noted, it's all about the booking cause there comes a point where enough is enough with the superhero stuff, the overcoming rediculous odds etc etc. For Christ sake, they haven't even given him a new theme music (unless somewhat tweeking the Shield theme counts), he still wears the same gear and practically the majority of the show evolves around him.

The sooner WWE gets it, the better. I've said it before, I'll say it again: if freaking Hogan and Austin went through the heel phase, two of the biggest faces of all time, then so should Roman and it won't be long after that then the fans will get behind him and cheer. It's really that simple and WWE are so foolish because had they done so already, by now they may have accomplished their goal.

Once again, the sooner WWE realises this is the only way, the better and perhaps the Mania match with Undertaker is their golden opportunity to pull the trigger, if (of course) they have the balls to do so...

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Once again, the sooner WWE realises this is the only way, the better and perhaps the Mania match with Undertaker is their golden opportunity to pull the trigger, if (of course) they have the balls to do so...

I think they have the balls to do so, but first Vince wants to prove to everyone that his way is the right way and that Roman will get over the way he wants - as a babyface.

And if he does end up turning Reigns, to the surprise of everyone, he'll hate himself for it because he lost the fight. But, he doesn't realize heel Reigns is money and turning Reigns heel will help Reigns in the long run.

Black Wizard

サイバーパンク
Reaction score
This is what I've been saying ever since the Shield split up and the pushing of Roman Reigns (and the subsequent hatred) began.

I like Roman Reigns, I do. He has a fantastic look and he oozes natural charisma. I feel like he could be a badass face or a cool, cocky heel. I think he has a lot of talent but it's not allowed to be showcased when they're so insistent on pushing him as the next John Cena. I don't know what it's going to take for WWE to realize this, but it needs to happen sooner than later because if they wait too long they'll just kill his career and nobody will care when he does make a turn. I remember when people were bashing him for the cheesy, lame promo lines. You can't possibly think that he wrote that for himself and wanted to say that? Reigns could be so much more, if WWE would just let him.