All Japan Pro Wrestling Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
So it has been confirmed that AJPW now has a Joshi division, well a company called Evolution Joshi Pro-Wrestling

Is NOAH following suit too? I'd heard more rumors about them doing it than AJPW

Alexa

Forever on Holiday
Reaction score
Is NOAH following suit too? I'd heard more rumors about them doing it than AJPW
Apparently, so if the rumors are to be true. Marufuji mentioned it in a tweet after Majestic and all so. Would be pretty cool to have AJPW and NOAH with their women's division. It would mean everyone would quit going to Stardom, lol.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Apparently, so if the rumors are to be true. Marufuji mentioned it in a tweet after Majestic and all so. Would be pretty cool to have AJPW and NOAH with their women's division. It would mean everyone would quit going to Stardom, lol.

I'd heard some concern that it might really hurt like Ice Ribbon and Wave though but I feel like that might just be inevitable, if the women can make more in Noah and AJPW then that's still a net positive as long as they're presented seriously

Reactions: Alexa

Alexa

Forever on Holiday
Reaction score
I'd heard some concern that it might really hurt like Ice Ribbon and Wave though but I feel like that might just be inevitable, if the women can make more in Noah and AJPW then that's still a net positive as long as they're presented seriously
I won't lie, it honestly will truth be told. I hate to say this, but yeah it might kill them and a few others like Oz, Sendai, SEAdLNNNG, and a few others and it might be for the better. There is also AWG that would benefit as well, but that isnt up for debate. I do think they will end up making more in NOAH and even AJPW, though NOAH will be a weird case since Cyberfight owns TJPW so. Also, on top of that you will get rookies trained by some the of best. So yeah, there are positives to it, but also the downside is that you end up only having like 5 or so companies running.

Reactions: Chris

Alexa

Forever on Holiday
Reaction score
Also, should mention they, the joshis, were presented in a serious manner and not as a joke at Majestic and at their showcase in AJPW early this year.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Yeah in NOAH's case, I'd say just start using TJPW talent and titles and what not but I'm sure they want a "GHC women's title" or whatever

Reactions: Alexa

Alexa

Forever on Holiday
Reaction score
Yeah in NOAH's case, I'd say just start using TJPW talent and titles and what not but I'm sure they want a "GHC women's title" or whatever
Yeah, like I said it is weird for them. I could see it as TJPW being more of the idol focus side and NOAH's would be mor eof the classic old school joshi that was known. And I do think the title will be called GHC Women's Championship so

Alexa

Forever on Holiday
Reaction score
First two days of Power Series were fun, and had some good matches. The main event of the first one was a bit insane since it was Zennichi Shin Jidai (Kento Miyahara & Shuji Ishikawa) & Yuji Nagata v Satoshi Kojima, Suwama & Takao Omori. Funny thing is that both Nagata's and Kojima's music were muted because it is owned by New Japan, lol.

Alexa

Forever on Holiday
Reaction score
This hit me, Suwama and Hiroshi Tanahasho are the same age, both are tthe compaines respected aces, and both helped their company stay afloat during the dark days/era of Japanese pro-wreslting.

Alexa

Forever on Holiday
Reaction score
This is funnier than it should be

Necro

Hi, I'm Chucky. Wanna play?
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
owenhart
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
kotaibushi
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
AJPW Results: Super Power Series 2023 Day 3 – Tokyo, Japan (5/18)

The following results are from a recent All Japan Pro Wrestling event. The event took place on May 18th, 2023 at the Shin-kiba 1st RING in Tokyo, Japan.

Tag Team Match
Voodoo Murders (Jun Saito & Rei Saito) defeated Evolution (Hikaru Sato & Dan Tamura).

Singles Match
Kotaro Suzuki defeated Black Menso-re.

6 Woman Tag Team Match
Rina Amikura, Hikari Shimizu & Yuko Sakurai defeated Chi Chi, SAKI & ZONES.

Singles Match
Ren Ayabe defeated Masao Hanahata.

Tag Team Match
Hokuto Omori & Naruki Doi defeated Zen Nisshin Jidai (Rising HAYATO & Atsuki Aoyagi).

Singles Match
Yuma Anzai defeated Ryo Inoue.

Singles Match
Manabu Soya defeated Suwama via disqualification.

6 Man Tag Team Match
Satoshi Kojima, Kento Miyahara & Yuji Nagata defeated Yuma Aoyagi, Shuji Ishikawa & Yoshitatsu.

#1 Contender’s Match For The AJPW Unified Triple Crown Heavyweight Championship
T-Hawk defeated Ryuki Honda.

Alexa

Forever on Holiday
Reaction score
T-Hawk...okay, I am not mad but impressed by that

Alexa

Forever on Holiday
Reaction score
@Chris this is the match I was talking about. Dont have to watch the whole thing, but just watch Naito's entrance because hsi face is priceless

Alexa

Forever on Holiday
Reaction score
We officially have Yuji Nagata vs T-Hawk for the Triple Crown Heavyweights Championship

Reactions: Marty McFourth

Alexa

Forever on Holiday
Reaction score
Also, if you would have told me that a idol performance would happen in a AJPW ring, I would have left, but it happened and everyone loved it. Meant to mention as well during Suwama's he tried cheating and the ref was having none of it, so he told Suwama if he used the chair he would be DQd and Suwama was like "Nah" and uses the chair. The ref gets in his face and calls for the bell as a DQ, lol

Reactions: Marty McFourth